IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

Just now, smac said:

Nope, it's where we really don't give a toss and just play what we like, handheld or not, as we choose.

Perhaps you quoted the wrong person?

7 hours ago, Jonny5 said:

My kid just has a profile on our Switch, and got a couple of games for xmas which are now nagging about linking his account to a profile.  How do I fix this?  Do I have to set him up a Nintendo online account?  Can I add him as a child to my account rather than mess about setting him up an email address?

Yeah, I did just this following this guide > https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-Account/About-Nintendo-Accounts/What-is-a-child-account-/How-can-I-create-a-child-account-/How-can-I-create-a-child-account--1177534.html

Woohoo! BallisticNG, that WipeOut love letter that I keep banging on about is finally getting a Switch port.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/473770/view/3026952620737272034

It's old news now, but I only just learned about it. Doubtful we'll be able to import WipeOut ships/music/soundFX/tracks and such (you'll need a Deck for that), but it'll make a worthy portable companion.

5 minutes ago, Fallows said:

Woohoo! BallisticNG, that WipeOut love letter that I keep banging on about is finally getting a Switch port.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/473770/view/3026952620737272034

It's old news now, but I only just learned about it. Doubtful we'll be able to import WipeOut ships/music/soundFX/tracks and such, but it'll make a worthy portable companion.

That looks fucking ACE!! I don't know how they've not been given a C&D from Sony though, it looks very , very much like WipeOut :wub:

Oh, as for importing... I suspect the modding community will have something to say about getting those ships / audio tracks in there though, the Switch is quite hackable if you have an old one.

4 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

That looks fucking ACE!! I don't know how they've not been given a C&D from Sony though, it looks very , very much like WipeOut :wub:

Oh, as for importing... I suspect the modding community will have something to say about getting those ships / audio tracks in there though, the Switch is quite hackable if you have an old one.

I played Wip3out extensively before I got in on the beta and my muscle memory translated across seamlessly. The gameplay is a carbon copy.

You can even tweak it to play like 2097.

Has anyone got any idea what's happening with Wreckfest on Switch?

My son really wants it after watching countless YouTube videos but we only have a Switch to play or on.

From a quick Google all I can really see is the launch announcement from last September stating it's coming in the fall. But it hasn't come yet.

1 hour ago, Agent L said:

Has anyone got any idea what's happening with Wreckfest on Switch?

It has been postponed indefinitely.

On 11/01/2022 at 22:44, deKay said:

The Switch has now overtaken the Wii’s lifetime hardware sales - 101.9m vs 101.6m.

PS1 is 102.4m so it’s knocking on that door now.

And that’s the PS1 overtaken - Switch sales now 102.6m.

Next up is the PS4 with 116.8m (and presumably still slowly rising).

5 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Will it ever top the mighty PS2 though?

At this trajectory, it could. I doubt it will though unless there is a Switch Pro that is included in the Switch sales in a year or two.

All without GTA and CoD too.

Interesting milestone in light of the Activision sale doom mongering going on elsewhere. You can still not only carve out a niche market for yourself in videogames but absolutely dominate without much support from certain mega publishers. 

I was looking earlier at Activision’s output. Since the start of 2018 they’ve only published 5 new (as in, not remakes or remasters) games. Three of them are CoD, one is Crash 4, and the other is Sekiro (which they literally had nothing to do with and wasn’t published by them in some countries anyway).

Add all of Blizzard’s output in the same timeframe to that, and you… well you still only have 5 games.

6 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Well, Microsoft may have acquired Activision-Blizzard, but Nintendo's already striking back:

This is it. The first sign of the coming of the Eye of Gold. Hark! The egg-shitting herald!

1 minute ago, Strafe said:

When does Banjo go live, does anyone know? It’s not there for me yet.

2pm I'd expect. That's the usual update time.