Nintendo Switch

deKay

2 hours ago, Rex Grossman said:

I keep coming back to the fact you made Spitting Image for the C64 and I had that game as a kid though.

Yeah, I’m really old. Although I was only 17 when I coded it.

19 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

How much is it? Couldn’t see it in web version of eshop.

£2.49, half price on preorder before the release on the 4th. Apparently it should appear on the web shop within 24 hours.

Just now, carleton said:

Yeah, I’m really old. Although I was only 17 when I coded it.

Out of all the bad games I played on my C64 as a kid this is the only one that sticks in my head and it’s purely because you’re on here. It’s very cool you’re still doing it. Making games I mean, not making bad games. 

3 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

Out of all the bad games I played on my C64 as a kid this is the only one that sticks in my head and it’s purely because you’re on here. It’s very cool you’re still doing it. Making games I mean, not making bad games. 

It was my dream job. I’m very lucky to still be doing it. I’m much more of a utility app developer these days hence messing about on the C64 to scratch the game dev itch.

9 minutes ago, carleton said:

It was my dream job. I’m very lucky to still be doing it. I’m much more of a utility app developer these days hence messing about on the C64 to scratch the game dev itch.

I blagged my mum into sending off for it out the back of a magazine, something happened and we ended up with a credit note…. Never did okay that game 😢

9 minutes ago, carleton said:

How many hours do you think this game took you (the C64 version that is, not including Unity)? My wife wants to know.

9 hours ago, Rex Grossman said:

How many hours do you think this game took you (the C64 version that is, not including Unity)? My wife wants to know.

I probably spent a couple of nights a week and the odd Saturday for 3 months coding the C64 version. Chun spent a long time creating the levels and then there's the art and music side which is a little quicker.

Here's how it looked after the first week.

screen.png

Physical copy of GTA trilogy now out.

If anyone was wondering if they were all on the cart, here's your answer.

All three games immediately prompt you to download an update.  GTA 3 and SA will start even if you don't download an update.  Wether later missions are unavailable without an update I don't know, but you can at least get started.

Vice City will not even start if you don't download an update.

But when you do download it, it isn't tied to that account forever, like several of the Borderlands games are.  If you sell the cart on, the buyer can still play all three games.

Ok just caved and bought an OLED switch and wondering what to do with the old one. In our houshold it was being used mainly by the wife for Animal Crossing, second born for all sorts and me mainly for retro stuff (firstborn is gaming predominantly on PC)

It is one of the early models that can apparently be soft modded but other than going down that road is there any good reason to have two switches in the household? Am thinking could be useful for multiplayer but presume as its Nintendo would have to purchase two sets of carts / downloads for each switch to actually make any use of that and are there that many great games that would benefit from this?

Have discovered that you can do software sharing without even having to bother with any sort of software or hardware tomfoolery with two switches- just need to set one as the primary one and then on the secondary one all play has to be using my profile. Will have a go with animal crossing as one of the complaints from firstborn was having to share an island.

Other than that am guessing the likes of Splatoon and possibly grid will be good to have two seperate switches able to play concurrently, not sure what else might benefit...Minecraft or possibly terraria.

Mario Kart 8 has sold 43.8m copies and Animal Crossing 37.62m. I am part of the problem because I own an OG and Lite Switch for Pokemon trading but those are incredible sales figures.

22 minutes ago, ryodi said:

Mario Kart 8 has sold 43.8m copies and Animal Crossing 37.62m. I am part of the problem because I own an OG and Lite Switch for Pokemon trading but those are incredible sales figures.

You’re not too much of the problem…..

I have a Pokémon let’s go switch, animal crossing one, my launch console, one that’s hacked and a Lite…. That “might” be too many 😂

2 hours ago, ryodi said:

Pff. I had that news weeks ago. You'd think the people in the industry would report it sooner than me!