IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

Could someone briefly explain to me what “Cloud Gaming” is please, I’ve seen it more and more with Switch titles, what I thought it was, was essentially you’re streaming the game thus why you always have to be connected to the internet but you don’t actually own anything? Where I’m confused is games like Kingdom Hearts that are coming out on a cartridge, or are releasing retail copies, what on Earth are you paying for with a physical version? Code in a box games are bad enough but at least you own them then and they’re forever stored on your console. Maybe I’m just being thick….

Cloud gaming is streaming, just like stadia and xcloud.

To the best of my knowledge the new Kingdom Hearts games on switch aren’t getting a boxed release but if they did, it would be a code in a box. You’d play the game on your switch but it would be running off a PC in a data centre server somewhere.

New oled model got, I want to make sure of something:  when I do a user transfer from old to new, and redownload my games, they’ll work offline on the new machine?

also, I currently do not have Nintendo online, so what happens with my old saves?  Should I pay for a month upload all saves, then download all saves on new machine?

23 minutes ago, Droo said:

New oled model got, I want to make sure of something:  when I do a user transfer from old to new, and redownload my games, they’ll work offline on the new machine?

also, I currently do not have Nintendo online, so what happens with my old saves?  Should I pay for a month upload all saves, then download all saves on new machine?

The saves just get transferred over, no need to download. Apart from a few: Animal Crossing needs a special tool downloading or something.

1 hour ago, Strafe said:

We really need a new thread to list all the unreasonable and unrealistic expectations we have for the direct.

At this point we can probably just have a forum plug-in autopost the same list every time it detects the word “Nintendo” and “Direct” together. 

I’ve got some insider info - GaaS, open world, Battle Royale, Survival Birdo simulator coming to Switch - exclusive to NSO+expansion pass. 

Mouth Eggs available as Gatcha in app purchases, and when cracked with successful shots drop level up bows. 

It’s called Birdo 99 and it’s a canon sequel to our Mario 2. 

On 05/02/2022 at 14:19, Droo said:

I think I had to go to settings to make my new switch the primary one and so not need to be online. 

2 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

I'd expect them to at least announce some more additions... I'd really like WWF No Mercy but I know that is definitely never going to happen. 😭

Oh! I played Wrestlemania 2000 on the weekend - it’s just as good as you remember!

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

Just had an email about a February fest sale on Thursday. Countdown timer and everything.

Yeah - hopefully some stuff that's not been on sale before. I've got about £8 in credit so I'll hopefully pick something up. 

24 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Bowser’s Fury?

Yes! People seem to…completely sleep on this? 
not only is it one of the very best 3D Mario games, it’s also quite a decent length. It took me a good while to finish. If we were back in the GameCube days, this would be considered a sizeable & revered Mario title.