IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

44 minutes ago, BabelRich said:

Sorry, me again. Has anyone actually sent a JoyCon for repair recently? I've been trying for two days and every time I get to the 'book repair' button it constantly says 'We are experiencing technical difficulties, please try again later'.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Contact/Repairs/Other-Problems-1917300.html?system=HAC

Is that the same link or a different one? The book repair takes you to a form.

39 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Contact/Repairs/Other-Problems-1917300.html?system=HAC

Is that the same link or a different one? The book repair takes you to a form.

That goes to the same place. I can get all the way through the process until it's time to actually book the repair then it wont work. I'll keep trying. 

1 hour ago, BabelRich said:

Sorry, me again. Has anyone actually sent a JoyCon for repair recently? I've been trying for two days and every time I get to the 'book repair' button it constantly says 'We are experiencing technical difficulties, please try again later'.

I sent 2 sets back late last year (including the grey ones I got with my launch model!) Had no problems myself and they just sent brand new ones from what I could tell

I had to send back my right/red controller a year or so back as the L/R buttons when held sideways had stopped working. 

I've had it since 2017 and was charged £35 for a fix. Now the left/blue controller has drift, which I think has always been there to a degree but now it's unmanageable. 

Anyone know what the likely cost of a repair would be?

37 minutes ago, Janski said:

I had to send back my right/red controller a year or so back as the L/R buttons when held sideways had stopped working. 

I've had it since 2017 and was charged £35 for a fix. Now the left/blue controller has drift, which I think has always been there to a degree but now it's unmanageable. 

Anyone know what the likely cost of a repair would be?

It’s free.

On 14/02/2022 at 20:34, Nosejam said:

My OG Switch is running very hot and making a very noticeable fan noise. This is after just 20 mins of light use. 

Obviously well out of warranty now, but sounds like it could be the fan that’s the issue?

Anyone tried a DIY repair? I can see a replacement fan and the tools on Amazon for £27. 

Same happened to mine last year - cost £66 to repair it and it was back to me in less than a week. I believe they also changed the battery as well. Couldn't complain with the service. 

On 14/02/2022 at 20:34, Nosejam said:

Anyone tried a DIY repair? I can see a replacement fan and the tools on Amazon for £27. 

I’ve done it twice now and it’s easy.

Switch Sports play times are limited to 45 minutes. :( 

Saturday 19 February

03:00 - 03:45 (UK time) / 04:00 - 04:45 (CET)

11:00 - 11:45 (UK time) / 12:00 - 12:45 (CET)

19:00 - 19:45 (UK time) / 20:00 - 20:45 (CET)

Sunday 20 February

11:00 - 11:45 (UK time) / 12:00 - 12:45 (CET

1 minute ago, Lovelyman said:

My OG switch died. Nintendo want £120 for a refurb replacement. 

I’m not sure it’s worth it is it? Shall i just sell it as broken on eBay?

Whats up with it? And how much? 😛

Just now, MikeBeaver said:

Whats up with it? And how much? 😛

It won’t turn on. Main board faulty. 

they are suggesting this as a replacement ASSY HW NIN SWITCH HAC REFURBISHED

is that an OG or is it going to be a revision?

2 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Switch Sports play times are limited to 45 minutes. :( 

Saturday 19 February

11:00 - 11:45 (UK time) / 12:00 - 12:45 (CET)

19:00 - 19:45 (UK time) / 20:00 - 20:45 (CET)

Sunday 20 February

11:00 - 11:45 (UK time) / 12:00 - 12:45 (CET

Please understand.

1 hour ago, Lovelyman said:

It won’t turn on. Main board faulty. 

they are suggesting this as a replacement ASSY HW NIN SWITCH HAC REFURBISHED

is that an OG or is it going to be a revision?

Might be worth dropping "the cod3r" on Youtube a message to his email, he's an actual wizard at fixing things, no fix no fee also, you can see his work in all his uploads and charges a reasonable amount, at least that way you should be able to have your original system returned to life :)

And yeah, anything Nintendo send back WILL be patched so it's not hackable.

2 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

Might be worth dropping "the cod3r" on Youtube a message to his email, he's an actual wizard at fixing things, no fix no fee also, you can see his work in all his uploads and charges a reasonable amount, at least that way you should be able to have your original system returned to life :)

And yeah, anything Nintendo send back WILL be patched so it's not hackable.

Thanks man. Is it worth anything broken then?

28 minutes ago, Lovelyman said:

Thanks man. Is it worth anything broken then?

Oh god yeah, you'd get at least £50 just for the tablet I suspect, as the screen, joycon rails, speakers, shell etc etc are all worthwhile parts, but it's worth giving him a shout to see what the issue is, it might cost 50 - 70£ to fix, at which point it's worth doing I'd have thought, but you will get a quote price first anyway.

If it is totally dead, it could be the charging chip or something similar, which are simple ( to the trained expert, not me! ) fixes, if it is a Blue screen, that's less easy, as it's the Nvidia chip playing up, worthwhile getting it looked at though.

3 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

Oh god yeah, you'd get at least £50 just for the tablet I suspect, as the screen, joycon rails, speakers, shell etc etc are all worthwhile parts, but it's worth giving him a shout to see what the issue is, it might cost 50 - 70£ to fix, at which point it's worth doing I'd have thought, but you will get a quote price first anyway.

If it is totally dead, it could be the charging chip or something similar, which are simple ( to the trained expert, not me! ) fixes, if it is a Blue screen, that's less easy, as it's the Nvidia chip playing up, worthwhile getting it looked at though.

Thanks! I will get in touch and see what he says!

1 minute ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Just finished Disco Elysium. Got several games on my backlog which one should I go for (I've played them all to various degrees):

Xenoblade 2

Octopath Traveller

Divinity 2

Kotor

XC2 of course :)

Had my brother's family around today and he brought his switch and a gaggle of joycons along with him.

My word - Mario Party was just a wonderful bit of fun. Never played any of these things at all, but I feel like I've missed out big time. Great way of shutting up the nephews for a bit, whilst charming me with its simple fun!

Brilliant stuff :) 

4 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

I'd guess it's more like the 3ds one, but I haven't looked yet.

It doesn't have any of the Mario stuff if that's what you mean. The 3DS version was just the phone version with no IAPs and a Mario version included.