IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

1 hour ago, Protocol Penguin said:

It’ll work (I’ve done that), but won’t be any cheaper, unfortunately.

Gotcha, so if I just upgrade whatever I've got now, I can only stack family sub + expansion pass going forward?

What the hell have Nintendo done to the Pro Controller that gives it so much more battery life than any other controller I've ever used? It's phenomenal.

Although I did almost throw the thing out the window after multiple failures in a motion control shrine in BotW...

11 hours ago, JoeK said:

What the hell have Nintendo done to the Pro Controller that gives it so much more battery life than any other controller I've ever used? It's phenomenal.

Although I did almost throw the thing out the window after multiple failures in a motion control shrine in BotW...

and it's actually got worse battery life than the wii u pro controller

10 hours ago, Protocol Penguin said:

I think so, as far as is my understanding. 

cheers, i thought it might be some game pass ultimate deal but i guess not

On 17/03/2022 at 14:32, pulsemyne said:

That's what it was like on the N64 as far as controls go. The point was that thanks to the resistance on the N64 control stick you could keep it tilted in a very gradual way. If you went and pushed it too far then the cars would skid out. It made you feel like you were right on the edge. Go too far and you paid the price. Of course that doesn't feel too great on controllers with no resistence to movement.

The way to over come this is with quick "double pumping" of the accelerator. Tapping it repeatidly while going round corners can keep you speed up and helps prevent skidding.

Yes, I know.

It feels like shit on a pro controller, and the wireless n64 controllers are all sold out 🥲.

They could probably offer some kind of stick threshold remapping. 

The frame rate and stutter is a much more pressing issue though.

On 19/03/2022 at 21:57, JoeK said:

Its Bluetooth polling rate is super slow resulting in prolonged battery life at the cost of massive input lag. 

The DS4 & DS5 are basically the opposite, super low lag for a wireless controller at the expense of battery life. 

As well as the fact the DS controllers have the fancier things like…lights! And a touch screen and what not that drain the battery 

1 hour ago, the_debaser said:

‘Massive input lag’

55 minutes ago, deKay said:

*shrug*

Yes, it's the slowest pad from the main platform holders 

Mister uses a similar Blue tooth solution as all the consoles and there's a lag database covering basically most of the available controllers, and it measures at 20 ms compared to the 6 ms of the Dualshock pads. https://rpubs.com/misteraddons/inputlatency

That Smash video just shows this, as it's over a full frame late. 

I mean, if you're into that then good for you. 

37 minutes ago, deKay said:

I've never noticed any lag so clearly it's not important to me, nor does it affect how I play.

I binned mine, as not only was the d-pad shit, but I'm certain that most games -during development - are playtested and tuned with the joy-con travel in mind which is far shorter than the big throw of the Pro pad sticks. Some games - like Mario 3D World - play horribly with the pro pad, but works much better with a joy con. For a Wireless controller, I much prefer the 8bitdo Pro pads. 

...all my opinion. If you love your Pro pad then do go ahead and love your Pro pad. 

I do. I play 99% of my games with the Pro pad, and the majority of them (SNES/NES/MD/NeoGeo/Arcade/Retro/2D/etc.) I use the D-pad on. Never once had an issue.

6 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

347BE8D8-5E95-4F5B-84EB-E9DE24A9B05D.thumb.jpeg.840ca74d862996faabee3638f0b2468e.jpeg

Snap. Very slow process.

(Also, I’m worried that the repair charge for my drifting Joycon won’t be cheaper than buying a brand new Joycon.)

I thought they were all repaired FOC?

1 hour ago, Protocol Penguin said:

347BE8D8-5E95-4F5B-84EB-E9DE24A9B05D.thumb.jpeg.840ca74d862996faabee3638f0b2468e.jpeg

Snap. Very slow process.

(Also, I’m worried that the repair charge for my drifting Joycon won’t be cheaper than buying a brand new Joycon.)

Suck it

2022-03-22_14-41-58_chrome.png.4d725eedb42640bb14e0520ca0721664.png

so with the release of firmware 14 for the Switch you can finally group games into folders, but you can't actually put those folders on the main screen, so to access them you need to go the full library and then press another button to see your folders, almost rendering the feature utterly pointless.

57 minutes ago, Gotters said:

so with the release of firmware 14 for the Switch you can finally group games into folders, but you can't actually put those folders on the main screen, so to access them you need to go the full library and then press another button to see your folders, almost rendering the feature utterly pointless.

At first I honestly thought I was being a moron and had missed something simple. It is truly bizarre how they have implemented it.

Looks like the dinky shoulder buttons on my joycons don’t work anymore so I’m in the market for a new controller. 

What’s the verdict on the 8bitdo ones? Mainly looking at the pro, but open to others!

Just spotted Panzer Dragoon on sale on Nintendo store for a fiver, don`t mind if i do 😃 

Just picked up a pro pad aswell.  So much better than the joycons and tbh, think i prefer it over the xbox pad. Nice that the HD rumble has carried over to the pro pad to.