Nintendo Switch

deKay

5 hours ago, Parappa said:

I thought they were all repaired FOC?

I sent mine in late last week with a drift problem and they got back to me with a £30 repair bill. They accept that the drift is there and will repair this for free. However, they have also found a 'cosmetic issue' with the casing and say they need to sort this too. When I sent it the only issue with the casing was a small scuff/ mark on it, and nothing else- it worked fine, just drifted. Whether the third party repair company are trying it on, whether they have mistaken my joycon with another, whether they have damaged it, who knows.

In the process of escalating the complaint as I think it's a disgrace. A quick Google suggests I'm not the first this has happened to.

HAC ASSY JCL BLUE (BA) S/N: * N 1 £24.74

Fault Details: Stick Problem
Diagnosis: Faulty Stick - In Warranty
Fault Details: Cosmetic Problem
Diagnosis: Worn Housing - Out Of Warranty
Handling Costs: £2.50
Labour costs: £19.83
Spare Part Costs: £2.41.

Add in VAT and it comes to £29.69

On this topic ( and if allowed mod's) I had a bag of 50 white Joycon sticks delivered the other week, I am happy to replace 1 for a tenner, including return UK shipping, or £15 for a pair, yes, it's more than Nintendo charge ( free for some ), but I'll be quicker 😛

4 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Looks like the dinky shoulder buttons on my joycons don’t work anymore

This was my most recent problem. Nintendo repaired it for free, just as they’ve done with stick drift in the past.

6 hours ago, andyw said:

This was my most recent problem. Nintendo repaired it for free, just as they’ve done with stick drift in the past.

Ah thanks but I’ve moved country since buying them so doubt they’d sort me out here (Canada).

I mean, do they even have Nintendo here?

1 hour ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Ah thanks but I’ve moved country since buying them so doubt they’d sort me out here (Canada).

I mean, do they even have Nintendo here?

yeah, but it’s pronounced nintendoo, eh?

5 hours ago, makkuwata said:

The group thing has surfaced an alarming truth. I have a half tb memory card but at any one time I only have half the games I own.

Lesson learned. It’s time to upgrade to a tb card.

My 32gb card in the Lite is just fine 😛

6 hours ago, makkuwata said:

The group thing has surfaced an alarming truth. I have a half tb memory card but at any one time I only have half the games I own.

Lesson learned. It’s time to upgrade to a tb card.

I have this issue too :(

I've found I don't keep nearly as much stuff on my Switch as I do on my Xbox. I'm 99% sure it's down to the UI as well. If I could pin shit like on the Xbox I 'd just have it filled with shit I'm never ever going to play as I'd see it and go "Oh, I might play that later."

Does the OLED Switch use the same power cable as the original model?  I'm thinking of buying myself an OLED model and giving my old one to my grandchildren, and I'm hoping I can just switch the docks over and not move my whole TV unit out to change the power cables over as well.

Oh, and the OLED model still charges in a regular sized dock, right?  I have a spare dock in my games room I'm hoping I can still use.

4 minutes ago, Stejay said:

Does the OLED Switch use the same power cable as the original model?  I'm thinking of buying myself an OLED model and giving my old one to my grandchildren, and I'm hoping I can just switch the docks over and not move my whole TV unit out to change the power cables over as well.

Oh, and the OLED model still charges in a regular sized dock, right?  I have a spare dock in my games room I'm hoping I can still use.

Yep, it's all the same cables. In fact you can happily use the OLED Switch in the old Switch's dock if you wanted to be particularly lazy about it.

On 22/03/2022 at 14:43, deKay said:

I assume they won't if they're 5 years old.

they fixed my launch joycons just before christmas for free so nearly 5 years.

I reported it as an error on the website went through the process, they never sent me assesssment for the cost it just went to invoiced (i didnt get an invoice) then they arrived fixed.

25 minutes ago, Zio said:

Yep, it's all the same cables. In fact you can happily use the OLED Switch in the old Switch's dock if you wanted to be particularly lazy about it.

I have tried this as well, and it is indeed the case. As is the ability to use an old Switch in an OLED Switch's dock.

I've just pre-ordered the digital version of Kirby from the Nintendo eShop using a newish Monzo account.  I've never bought from the eShop via Monzo before and want to check something.  I have only been charged £1.01, is this just one of those verification payments that disappear later and the full £49.99 charge will show in a bit, or have I forgotten about a large amount of credit applied to my eShop account?

8 minutes ago, Stejay said:

I've just pre-ordered the digital version of Kirby from the Nintendo eShop using a newish Monzo account.  I've never bought from the eShop via Monzo before and want to check something.  I have only been charged £1.01, is this just one of those verification payments that disappear later and the full £49.99 charge will show in a bit, or have I forgotten about a large amount of credit applied to my eShop account?

Same thing. I ordered yesterday and the full charge appeared today. This was with a Mastercard so it looks like a normal process.

I'm presuming we get our downloads automatically tomorrow or a code or something.

13 minutes ago, Flub said:

Same thing. I ordered yesterday and the full charge appeared today. This was with a Mastercard so it looks like a normal process.

I'm presuming we get our downloads automatically tomorrow or a code or something.

Yeah, it was a verification payment, as I've just had it refunded.

1 hour ago, Flub said:

So as far as I can tell I have no digital copy of Kirby. It's not there on my Switch. If I go to the store I don't own it and Nintendo haven't emailed me a code.

Fucking rubbish.

You should have been able to download it once you paid for it. You won't have been sent a code.

44 minutes ago, deKay said:

You should have been able to download it once you paid for it. You won't have been sent a code.

You'd think so wouldn't you.

image.png.05cae510766875ffa4d94394566c6d06.png

My physical items have been shipped (And the box only contains the physical items. The delivery company lets you see). The FAQ pages on the my nintendo store talk about codes being emailed.

1 hour ago, deKay said:

The website is very confusing these days for ordering digital. It sends you to the online store for both physical and digital now, this digital isn’t the eshop but a code the store front sends you, similar to Amazon, cdkeys etc. 

I couldn’t find the eshop version online yesterday, I could only do it via the switch. 

1 hour ago, Flub said:

You'd think so wouldn't you.

image.png.05cae510766875ffa4d94394566c6d06.png

My physical items have been shipped (And the box only contains the physical items. The delivery company lets you see). The FAQ pages on the my nintendo store talk about codes being emailed.

Ah, you bought it from Nintendo's online store? You said from the eShop.