Nintendo Switch

deKay

5 minutes ago, electricmastro said:

The first Klonoa was pretty fun for me, so glad to see Namco's little animal guy getting more appreciation.

Never played the sequel and it's been an age since i played the first. Really enjoyable game from what i remember. I honestly miss the mascot platformer days.

Recommendation for Littlewood, a game that's like a combo of Animal Crossing's town building and Stardew Valley's adventure, but dictated less by timers and more so on actions you do outside of the town. Doing that gives you more time to bond with villagers, which I think makes for a more relaxing, but still rewarding experience.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Stevie said:

Quick question: if I buy a Switch, can I play Super Mario 2 and 3, are old Nintendo games available? Are GameCube games available? 

edit: I haven't owned a Nintendo system since the GameCube. 

Super Mario Bros 2 and 3 are part of Nintendo Switch Online, which is your subscription to online services as well as classic NES and SNES games. There aren't any Gamecube games at the moment though.

If you get the expansion pack, you get access to N64 and Mega Drive games. Here's a list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Switch_Online_games

Owned a Switch for a while but barely buy games for it (just down to not having the time for gaming in general). However, I came into some Amazon credit and went shopping for some games.

I know it's a real "have you been living in a bloody cave?!?" thing for me to say, but I was astounded by just how much there was vying for my attention. So many ports, remasters, collections, weird Japanese stuff...I didn't even look at the AAA releases or original games. Got side-tracked by all the rehashed stuff.

Ended up buying NeoGeo Pocket Collection and some utter grot from East Asia Soft called "Waifu Uncovered". Why I bought the latter, I don't know lol. It comes with some very dirty artcards, I know that much.

Also couldn't resist a physical copy of G-Darius for around £15 which seemed a ridiculously cheap price. I love the Darius series and its fishy bosses, and it's been so long since I played G-Darius. This one hasn't arrived yet as it's shipping separately but it's by far the one I'm looking forward to most.

55 minutes ago, megamixer said:

Owned a Switch for a while but barely buy games for it (just down to not having the time for gaming in general). However, I came into some Amazon credit and went shopping for some games.

I know it's a real "have you been living in a bloody cave?!?" thing for me to say, but I was astounded by just how much there was vying for my attention. So many ports, remasters, collections, weird Japanese stuff...I didn't even look at the AAA releases or original games. Got side-tracked by all the rehashed stuff.

Ended up buying NeoGeo Pocket Collection and some utter grot from East Asia Soft called "Waifu Uncovered". Why I bought the latter, I don't know lol. It comes with some very dirty artcards, I know that much.

Also couldn't resist a physical copy of G-Darius for around £15 which seemed a ridiculously cheap price. I love the Darius series and its fishy bosses, and it's been so long since I played G-Darius. This one hasn't arrived yet as it's shipping separately but it's by far the one I'm looking forward to most.

I tend to look at smaller games myself, but one bigger game that caught my attention was Immortals Fenyx Rising, by Ubisoft. Haven’t played that one, but it looked like a more “digestible Breath of the Wild.”

2 hours ago, electricmastro said:

I tend to look at smaller games myself, but one bigger game that caught my attention was Immortals Fenyx Rising, by Ubisoft. Haven’t played that one, but it looked like a more “digestible Breath of the Wild.”

Its AC via BOTW with a quirky sense of humour and a map packed with icons.

I loved it and its a pretty good Switch port all things considered 

37 minutes ago, Purin said:

My right Joycon won't stay connected wirelessly further than about 3 feet away.

I've tried updating it's firmware, disconnecting and pairing again.

Any ideas?

Turning the Switch actually properly off, rather than just to sleep, can sometimes help with Joycon issues. But, at the risk of getting technical, it sounds like it might just be buggered.

Replacing the antenna looks easier than replacing a stick: https://www.sosav.com/guides/game-consoles/nintendo/nintendo-accessories/joycon-right/antenna/

So I started playing this Waifu Uncovered dross and it's actually bloody challenging. The enemies just look like random memes (flying turds, UFOs, cat heads etc.) and there's no real sophistication but I'm yet to actually clear the arcade mode because it gets bastard hard and almost bullet-hell like around 3/4 of the way through. It's a lot harder than the non-arcade modes, and you get multiple bosses to deal with at once in the later stages which gets quite ridiculous.

Not a game you can really play with anybody looking over your shoulder either. The "uncovered" aspect essentially means there's a strip going on in the background of the stage as you collect tokens from enemies to remove more clothes. There's Uncensored mode, and then Fully Uncensored mode and the latter really means it. I never thought I'd see that on a Nintendo console.

Still waiting on G-Darius to arrive and pull me out of the gutter!

41 minutes ago, megamixer said:

So I started playing this Waifu Uncovered dross and it's actually bloody challenging. The enemies just look like random memes (flying turds, UFOs, cat heads etc.) and there's no real sophistication but I'm yet to actually clear the arcade mode because it gets bastard hard and almost bullet-hell like around 3/4 of the way through. It's a lot harder than the non-arcade modes, and you get multiple bosses to deal with at once in the later stages which gets quite ridiculous.

Not a game you can really play with anybody looking over your shoulder either. The "uncovered" aspect essentially means there's a strip going on in the background of the stage as you collect tokens from enemies to remove more clothes. There's Uncensored mode, and then Fully Uncensored mode and the latter really means it. I never thought I'd see that on a Nintendo console.

Still waiting on G-Darius to arrive and pull me out of the gutter!

I can see how stuff like that can make it awkward to play games. There was actually this one game I came across on Switch called Crawlco Block Knockers, which is a puzzle game in the style of games like Pengo that I would casually recommend, except for how it handles nudity. It's too bad, because it's a rather charming puzzle game otherwise.

ciOPr2Q.png

I recently got a Switch Lite but I think I've made a mistake. The device is awesome, very convenient when I'm waiting for code compiles and data previews during work - but there are some games I'm playing (including most of the free to play ones) which are very tiny text heavy - maybe it's my age but my eyes are straining reading the menus and HUD. And games like AC Black Flag I feel, were really meant for a big screen.

I think I'm going to have to upgrade already!

19 minutes ago, Bacon Horsemeat said:

I recently got a Switch Lite but I think I've made a mistake. The device is awesome, very convenient when I'm waiting for code compiles and data previews during work - but there are some games I'm playing (including most of the free to play ones) which are very tiny text heavy - maybe it's my age but my eyes are straining reading the menus and HUD. And games like AC Black Flag I feel, were really meant for a big screen.

I think I'm going to have to upgrade already!

I think you might OLED have to return it OLED and get OLED a different one.

45 minutes ago, Bacon Horsemeat said:

Heh, I didn't quite catch the hint.  Just bought a normal 2nd hand Switch for £180. The idea being I'll be using it mostly docked, so I won't need the OLED. Will tuck the Switch behind the work monitor, and connect it to my portable monitor in front.

Plus this way there is justification for a 3rd Switch when a new branded model or colourway OLED is released.