Nintendo Switch

deKay

52 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

I ordered from the US Amazon and they sort out all the shipping and import duty for you (ended up costing £55ish).

Surprisingly it came within 4 days too.

How is the analog stick sensitivity btw? From the reviews there are issues with a huge deadzone

Golden Sun always shows up in ‘best GBA games ever!’ lists, but I remember the random battles being especially annoying, and you can miss collecting certain Djinn and then can’t get them at all (is that right?), which just seems silly. Otherwise it was gorgeous, and the psychic ability stuff was genius.

I'm a huge GS fan boy. 

When it came out for the GBA it was something very special. I would love to play it again but unless I can fund a cheap GBA I think I'll have to wait. A re-release would be great. The sequel is also superb, again its the charm, the characters.... the world. Wouldn't it be something if we got both games ... with a sequel for Switch?

The third game in the Golden Sun series is Dark Dawn on the DS. It might be difficult to port it to the DS because like the DS Castlevania games it uses drawing on the touch screen for some spells and manipulating the environment.

I’d love a new Golden sun game on the Switch…or, anything, really. Sorry; I know this isn’t the thread for boring moaning, and it seems plenty here are getting enjoyment from their Switch, but it’s been an increasing disappointment now for me (even if Odyssey remains a contender for best game ever.) I had a Wii U & every lauded game on that and already get indie games on my laptop. Every year I peer into the Switch release schedule to see if there’s going to be killer new title, and each year the machine continues to remain largely unused.

A new Golden Sun would be a cause for celebration for sure. 

3 hours ago, CS2x said:

I’d love a new Golden sun game on the Switch…or, anything, really. Sorry; I know this isn’t the thread for boring moaning, and it seems plenty here are getting enjoyment from their Switch, but it’s been an increasing disappointment now for me (even if Odyssey remains a contender for best game ever.) I had a Wii U & every lauded game on that and already get indie games on my laptop. Every year I peer into the Switch release schedule to see if there’s going to be killer new title, and each year the machine continues to remain largely unused.

There’s games coming out for it all the time. If they’re not really your bag that’s cool, it just sounds like the console’s not for you my guy. 

8 hours ago, CS2x said:

While there may not be a new Golden Sun, if JRPG’s are your bag then the machine has plenty to offer. Right now Live Alive has just come out and Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is this Fri. 

23 minutes ago, Ftsthe said:

I’ve been trying to get one of the Switch N64 controllers for such a long time and they’re never in stock.

Has anyone managed to get one? They go for a fortune on eBay!

Yep, in the first launch... it's still in the packing box!!

2 hours ago, SMD said:

I got two when they went up the first time round, you have to basically click as soon as they email updating you with stock and complete your purchase ASAP.

I’m pleased some of the people on here got some! I remember at the start that I thought I’d wait for them to release more colours and now that seems very foolish!

16 minutes ago, Ftsthe said:

I’m pleased some of the people on here got some! I remember at the start that I thought I’d wait for them to release more colours and now that seems very foolish!

going back to the Wii SNES classic controller, you learn that Nintendo will drop an insignificant amount of stock and people won't hesitate so you shouldn't either.

I gave in and paid for a family + expansion 12 month sub. I figured it would extend my existing family sub or something, but no, I've just got a new renew date now. I did notice that it was only $65 instead of the full $79. Given this is approximately half the cost of a yearly family sub, did they pro rate the cost or was the $65 just some sort of offer and I have to go cap in hand to Nintendo support?

Totally unrelated - I got my original joycons repaired free perhaps over a year ago, and they're already drifting again. I can be without pads, got plenty, but it's a faff. I seem to recall a DIY fix, is that still a thing? I can buy the triangle screwdrivers if that's what's needed to get in them.

On 25/07/2022 at 20:08, Ftsthe said:

I tried to get one day of release, no joy. But they will come back in. When I got a notification foe the SNES one, I managed to get one. So just sign up for updates and you'll eventually get one

12 hours ago, TehStu said:

I gave in and paid for a family + expansion 12 month sub. I figured it would extend my existing family sub or something, but no, I've just got a new renew date now. I did notice that it was only $65 instead of the full $79. Given this is approximately half the cost of a yearly family sub, did they pro rate the cost or was the $65 just some sort of offer and I have to go cap in hand to Nintendo support?

Totally unrelated - I got my original joycons repaired free perhaps over a year ago, and they're already drifting again. I can be without pads, got plenty, but it's a faff. I seem to recall a DIY fix, is that still a thing? I can buy the triangle screwdrivers if that's what's needed to get in them.

IIRC they pro rate the cost.

1 hour ago, SMD said:

Can you stack family expansion subs?

Yes

Just did it to get the bonus gold points. Sub was up in October, not showing as October 2023. No gold points though, have raised an issue with Nintendo support

12 hours ago, Superunknown said:

Meanwhile, in the version of the internet not inhabited by @deKay… 

517905846_PUZZLEDRAGONSNintendoSwitchEditionNintendoSwitchdownloadsoftwareGamesNintendo.thumb.png.0f2f89427b44f38680c181d2180ff415.png

Well done Nintendo!

I thought was a Switch version of the Nintendo version of Puzzle and Dragons.

On closer inspection I was disappointed to find it wasn't. 

Is the Nintendo version only on the (3)DS?