Nintendo Switch

deKay

A twin pack and/or budget price would be nice for Wind Waker and Twilight Princess,  but I wouldn't put it passed Nintendo to release them standalone and full price. 

I'd pay full price for HD Wind Waker: Director's Cut with the stuff added to it that was meant to be there originally but that's not going to happen. 

I don’t know why the twin pack Zelda rumour keeps resurfacing. This is Nintendo, they would never be that generous. In any case I’d prefer remasters treated with the same care and attention Skyward Sword had, I’d happily buy them standalone if they did that. 

I could see it happening though because otherwise it’s the first year in the Switch’s history we wouldn’t have had a Zelda of some kind. 

Next year should be interesting seeing as it’s the 25th anniversary for Ocarina of Time, but also when BOTW2 is scheduled for release (which I don’t think will happen). 

22 minutes ago, Stanley said:

In any case I’d prefer remasters treated with the same care and attention Skyward Sword had

The difference here is, they’ve already had that care and attention put in for the Wii U releases.

I’d go for a double pack, or even a reduced £29.99 price for each of them. But another 50 quid for them both would be a tough pill to swallow.

Mind you, I’m pretty sure I’m breaking even on these games up to now, after selling the discs for every version I’ve owned for probably what I originally paid for them.

I may be in the minority here, but I'm really not fussed about another Wind Waker and/or Twilight Princess remaster that doesn't make any significant changes or QoL improvements to the originals. I played both games again on the Wii U, and apart from WW'S frame rate being all over the shop, Twilight Princess I've just never felt motivated to finish. Plus, after last year's Skyward Sword re-do, which I (and lots of others) ended up abandoning, I'm doubtful they can pull it off.

A Metroid Prime remaster, at 1080p and 60FPS, with modernised controls, on the other hand, I could definitely get behind.

36 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I don’t know why the twin pack Zelda rumour keeps resurfacing. This is Nintendo, they would never be that generous.

image.thumb.png.38eb50dd34d98dd5468165df57dea100.png

19 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

I may be in the minority here, but I'm really not fussed about another Wind Waker and/or Twilight Princess remaster that doesn't make any significant changes or QoL improvements to the originals. I played both games again on the Wii U, and apart from WW'S frame rate being all over the shop, Twilight Princess I've just never felt motivated to finish. Plus, after last year's Skyward Sword re-do, which I (and lots of others) ended up abandoning, I'm doubtful they can pull it off.

A Metroid Prime remaster, at 1080p and 60FPS, with modernised controls, on the other hand, I could definitely get behind.

How do you know lots of people abandoned SS? Seemed to be well received I thought. 

8 minutes ago, Stanley said:

How do you know lots of people abandoned SS? Seemed to be well received I thought. 

Well, I don't know, but the impression I got from the dedicated thread, and from at least a couple of gaming podcasts listen to, was that the controls were enough to put people off, and that was certainly my experience. There have been a few threads in Trading with people saying something similar.

Granted, the controls in WW and TP are more traditional, so this hopefully won't be a problem, but I've grown to expect  compromises from Nintendo when it comes to this stuff, hence my dubiety.

12 minutes ago, Paulando said:

I reckon an Oracle of Ages/Seasons remake announcement.

50 quid each lol.

I'd rather a new 2d Zelda first but that wouldn't be bad

4 minutes ago, SMD said:

I'd rather a new 2d Zelda first but that wouldn't be bad

I’d also take a remake of A Link Between Worlds. Tried playing it again on 3DS recently and it’s tough to go back to that low res screen!

9 minutes ago, Paulando said:

I’d also take a remake of A Link Between Worlds. Tried playing it again on 3DS recently and it’s tough to go back to that low res screen!

Really? Even though the screen itself is so small? I've been meaning to replay it myself.

After checking out Metroid Prime on a PVM I'm absolutely not bothered about any kind of HD rerelease anymore. These highly defined visuals that were pushing the limits of 480 resolution are going to look stretched thin when upscaled to 1080p, unless all of the detailed geometry is also reworked alongside the textures to pack out the larger res.

The base game without any mods or tweaks looks pretty dated on the Dolphin emulator. On a 480i/p display it looks as good as CP2077 running on a 3080 at 90FPS. It's so dense and rich. It's a technical and visual marvel, even by 2022 standards. Even the controls are flawless. I've no idea how they could modernise there, especially when having to facilitate the Joycon.

If anyone here's lucky enough to still have even just a consumer-grade CRT with a Wii/Gamecube and a copy of the game in some form I urge you to go back and check it out. It's absolutely shocking.

I really don't envy the task at hand for Retro Studios with Metroid Prime 4. Back with Metroid Prime they clearly had enough power with the Gamecube to throw whatever they desired at the screen and still have things locked at 60fps, they don't have anywhere near that kind of luxury with the Switch at 1080p. Maybe they can go some kind of stylised route, I don't know.

1 hour ago, carleton said:

Wind Waker was excellent on the WiiU because of the second screen on the pad. I think the Switch version might be a step backwards from that. I'll probably still buy it.

It was excellent with the pro controller too though.

23 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Well, I don't know, but the impression I got from the dedicated thread, and from at least a couple of gaming podcasts listen to, was that the controls were enough to put people off, and that was certainly my experience. There have been a few threads in Trading with people saying something similar.

Granted, the controls in WW and TP are more traditional, so this hopefully won't be a problem, but I've grown to expect  compromises from Nintendo when it comes to this stuff, hence my dubiety.

Well that’s the thing, it lets you use motion controls or traditional and adds plenty of other QOL improvements. 

I found that thread generally pretty positive. 

On 31/08/2022 at 22:41, Azrael said:

I'd pay full price for HD Wind Waker: Director's Cut with the stuff added to it that was meant to be there originally but that's not going to happen. 

Those dungeons apparently got rolled into Twilight Princess so I can’t see a directors cut happening. They could always add a Master Quest mode like OOT. 

Along with the Oracle games I wouldn’t mind a LA style remaster of Minish Cap.

I'd love remakes of the oracle games. 

If you have a PC play a link between worlds with the 4k texture patch. It's great!

SS was a pretty decent game the controls were mostly fine.

I'll buy a twilight/wind waker double pack but I have both on wii u and I only recently played through wind waker so that's not really that appealing to me.

I’ll take any remakes/remasters of Zelda because I love the entire series, but I’d really love to see a proper remake of Link To The Past, maybe not quite in the same cute style as Link’s Awakening but with that kind of perspective. 

I hope we get a full Ocarina remaster too at some point i.e. next year :ph34r:

I'd happily pay full whack for Wind Waker, if they use the lighting engine from the Gamecube original, and not the juiced up version from Wind Waker HD that broke the cel shaded look and made everything look like plastic figures. Just the GC version in HD widescreen, please.