Nintendo Switch

deKay

11 minutes ago, Popo said:

Sorry, you’ve lost me. Stacking multiple subs means you can then just pay £1.50 to upgrade them to the expansion?

You buy two 12 month Nintendo Online codes. You then have a 24 month subscription to Nintendo Online once redeemed. Then you upgrade to the expansion plan. As it's 730 days x £0.08 you only have to add about £1.50 to it as the upgrade fee. Which would give you a bigger saving than just buying one 12 month subscription and paying the upgrade fee.

2 hours ago, Stanley said:

I need to do this as I my family expansion pack sub runs out this month, so I have to let it expire before I can stack these subs and upgrade? 

That sounds correct, because you have to buy the expansion membership while on the, er, unexpanded one. 

So I’ve just checked again and the conversion rate is actually £0.09 per day. So on a 2-year membership, theoretically… Nintendo will pay me £5.70 to upgrade. :)

On 28/09/2022 at 19:03, Qazimod said:

New Magical Drop game coming this winter:

So now according to some of the posters in the Is Your Heating On thread

8 hours ago, DarhkFox said:

Very strange - Nintendo released Star Fox 2 for Switch online today.

I've had it on my Switch since the last update i did a couple weeks ago though.

It’s not some remix version is it? I’m sure that was part of the first batch of games going right back to when SNES was first added. 

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

It’s not some remix version is it? I’m sure that was part of the first batch of games going right back to when SNES was first added. 

It's one of the SP versions, where they start you on a later level or with more lives or something.

On 28/09/2022 at 19:34, Popo said:

That sounds correct, because you have to buy the expansion membership while on the, er, unexpanded one. 

So I’ve just checked again and the conversion rate is actually £0.09 per day. So on a 2-year membership, theoretically… Nintendo will pay me £5.70 to upgrade. :)

Given my short attention span and the general dumbness of both myself and nintendo's online platform I will forego the fiver savings through this staving method as am sure to balls things up. 

13 minutes ago, mwaawm said:

Given my short attention span and the general dumbness of both myself and online platform I will forego the fiver savings through this staving method as am sure to balls things up. 

If it works the way I think - and I’ll report back later when I give it a try - I assume x2 subs from CD Keys at £22.99 will translate into a £14 saving on buying from Nintendo. 

And really, don’t they have enough of my money already? :)

4 minutes ago, SMD said:

All you cunts got me on ignore is it

Who said that?!

Sorry dude, did I miss a post of yours? Rather selfishly, I tune out sub renewal chat when it isn’t relevant to me. I checked the last few pages but couldn’t see anything from you!

5 minutes ago, Popo said:

Who said that?!

Sorry dude, did I miss a post of yours? Rather selfishly, I tune out sub renewal chat when it isn’t relevant to me. I checked the last few pages but couldn’t see anything from you!

:lol: I posted about it in the eShop thread where someone asked this exact question last week:

Just now, SMD said:

:lol: I posted about it in the eShop thread where someone asked this exact question last week:

Most of this forum (and the internet) is about not looking for information.

In the fucking Steam thread people cannot be bothered to read even the same page to find the delivery times.

In the Game Pass thread it's been through times where 90% of the posts are people asking if the cheap access is still a thing and how to do it.

2 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

In the fucking Steam thread people cannot be bothered to read even the same page to find the delivery times.

In the Game Pass thread it's been through times where 90% of the posts are people asking if the cheap access is still a thing and how to do it.

and? when can i get my cheap access delivered?

31 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

I can’t be expected to be across all of the detail from the lesser posters. 

3 hours ago, SMD said:

All you cunts got me on ignore is it

I conflate the eshop and this thread....as well as conflating names of people I meet in real life so regularly conflate posters here, theres been a few posts in both threads about it and in any case even your post in the eshop didnt tell lazy old me how much money I could do nintendo out off by doing this stacking stuff.

Was trying to motivate myself to find out when my sub expires and then maybe look up a dummies guide on youtube for stacking but if its only a fiver over a year probably wouldnt be arsed....if its £14 I may give it a go.

On 17/09/2022 at 18:25, Popo said:

My N64 controller arrived, the joy!

Mine didn't. Getting Nintendo customer service involved to find out what happened has taken hours of website errors, poor customer service calls, ignored emails. And now they've told me there was a problem with delivery, they've cancelled my order, and to fuck off basically.

Gah!

10 minutes ago, Graham S said:

Mine didn't. Getting Nintendo customer service involved to find out what happened has taken hours of website errors, poor customer service calls, ignored emails. And now they've told me there was a problem with delivery, they've cancelled my order, and to fuck off basically.

Gah!

Please understand.

4 minutes ago, ox1973 said:

Please understand.

I'm so mad about it. I know there are bigger problems in the world. I really wanted it and now will never get it. Looks like the courier lied about delivering it, just took it to a local DPD office but didn't tell me, then it got sent back. Nintendo won't send it again. Fuckers. Don't even want this stupid NSO + Expansion pass I ordered in a panic to get one of these.

22 minutes ago, Graham S said:

Gah!

This sounds like every interaction I’ve ever had with Nintendo customer support. They’re the worst of the worst, and I’ve dealt with some real wronguns. 

Sending positive vibes. 

18 hours ago, ox1973 said:

Yeah, that sucks. I haven't even got as far as ordering one given they are never in stock and seemingly sell out 2 seconds before they go on sale.

Same. Was lucky enough to grab the SNES one a while back as I was online when it dropped but not had a sniff of the N64 one.

And yeah @Graham S, that definitely sucks. Nintendo customer support have always been great with me, your experience seems terrible