IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

9 minutes ago, mr twig said:

Look at the state of that.  His hand's already horribly calloused from rubbing against the corner of the bastard thing for 10 minutes in a trailer.

And is that a tiny d-pad or just decoration?  I really hope it's an adorable tiny impossible to use d-pad.

lookatthestateofthat.jpg

oh shit thought that was like ANOTHER attachment to buy. like a portable mini controller. didnt realise it snapped off the side. pretty cool

and yeah its a tiny d-pad it would be more use-able when attached to the screen. thats such a tiny d-pad!

The video at least does a good job of showing what it is and what it does. 2 player with a single unit is pretty cool, although the small pads look fiddly and only 1 stick each. Showing Skyrim at least puts their balls out there in terms of third party but a rejig of a 5 year old game that will definitely be a buggy as shit mess is not a title to hang your hat on. Especially when Zelda Skyrim is out the same day. Mario looks like another 2d/3d hybrid rather than full 3d (which makes sense if games will be geared towards a single analogue stick). Splatoon major league gamebros look stupid.

Song is stuck in my head.

I hope it makes a satisfying clunk in real life.

10 minutes ago, mr twig said:

Look at the state of that.  His hand's already horribly calloused from rubbing against the corner of the bastard thing for 10 minutes in a trailer.

And is that a tiny d-pad or just decoration?  I really hope it's an adorable tiny impossible to use d-pad.

lookatthestateofthat.jpg

Think it's a + you can sees a - on the opposite one.

11 minutes ago, Poet said:

That looks incredibly slick for Nintendo. After missing out on the WiiU this one is going to have to be purchased. Hoping that everything good gets ported over!

This is exactly where I am. Splatoon is the one thing I really wanted anyway, but if they port over most of the other first-party stuff I'll be sorted.

I don't think this is for me. Looked like WiiU quality games or old stuff like Skyrim. And the console is basically the WiiU screen controller with the console's processing built in?

Why even have the cradle and all the detachable gubbins, why not just wirelessly beam the signal from the handheld to the TV?

Struggling to find the love.

15 minutes ago, Shoes said:

That looks amazing, you idiot.

Yeah, I want two tiny controllers and a tiny screen I have to squint at. I can do that with my phone!