IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

3 hours ago, rgraves said:

Erm...they are explicitly guaranteeing a price. It's £198:50 - guaranteed not to go up even if the launch price does. It's very clearly stated.

"We couldn't get enough stock to fulfil your order so we've cancelled it, we ARE sorry."

14 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

£299.99 at the very cheapest, sans pack-in game. I can't see it being sold for less unless it's actually all really old tech.

IMO, it's going to be £200 for the 'basic' pack and £250 for the 'premium' pack.

I'm not staking a bollock on it though.

11 minutes ago, rgraves said:

IMO, it's going to be £200 for the 'basic' pack and £250 for the 'premium' pack.

I'm not staking a bollock on it though.

I'd like to think it'd be competitively priced too; but with the collapse in the Pound and the fact Nintendo still sells the rickety old 3DS for around £180 for the larger model, I'm not being too optimistic. :( 

I managed to click it, it just takes you to a page that says:

Thank you for registering for a chance to play Nintendo Switch!

You will be contacted by email in the event that your application is successful.

So try to click it if you can for your application to be registered

5 minutes ago, moora said:

Nintendo have said that the Switch won't be region locked. At least I think they said that... 

They haven't confirmed it.  But the unit they used on that Jimmy Kimmel show had a European CE mark on the back which would suggest all units are the same.  

3 hours ago, DarkCrisis said:

Has anyone received a newsletter from Nintendo with a chance to win being able to play on Switch on 14/15 January but the link to enter isn't clickable?

Link worked fine for me.

£250 would be OK for me. £300, I'd buy one. £350, I'd have to think about it but buy one. £400. I don't think I could resist and I'd cave in and buy one. I hope it's under £300.

I don't think you'll have much of an issue pre-ordering or even getting one in a shop without pre-ordering. This doesn't seem to be of any interest to the general public and it won't suffer from being one of the must buy toys that happen around the Christmas period. The Wii was very different and it was launched December 8th 2006 and was a must have toy (I pre-ordered mine as soon as I could and I could have sold it for £750-1000 on ebay at the time as there weren't any available in the run up to Christmas). Nintendo put them in places like Asda where people could have a go. Non-gaming adults were really hyped for the Wii as it was something very new and groundbreaking and it was really easy to pick up a Wiimote and swing it and hit a tennis ball. My Dad even bought one and the console he bought prior to that was a Phillips G7000 - he bought and played on our ZX Spectrum but it was my birthday present so it was a G7000 (probably in 1980). Nobody has mentioned the Switch to me at all other than one person who's into video games. We're only three months away.

I don't think we'll see these as playable displays in places like Toys R Us like the Wii was and the Wii U is as it doesn't seem like it'll work in that environment - it doesn't seem practical.

I don't think it'll be on a par with the Xbox One or the PS4 in terms of hardware sales but I know it'll be a great thing to own with many top quality games to play. I can;t wait to play this on the bus :)

As I will be in USA in April, should I get a USA version ? or I am better off sticking to Europe.

I'm in a similar boat, I'll be in the States from January till the end of March, but as I'm touring around I don't know whether to try and grab a Switch States-side (to get playing before I head homeward) or order one online in the UK to ensure its there when I get back.

The fact I'm torn between the two choices in this seemingly huge decision should go some way to explain how excited I am about this console!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk