Nintendo Switch

deKay

18 minutes ago, VN1X said:

That's Emily Rogers, who's rumours have turned out to be true 30% of the time! 

https://wi-images.condecdn.net/image/ZaO2LpL0e5Y/crop/810

Well, that's the thing: it isn't. :P It's someone asking Emily Rogers among others for information about F-Zero; a game they supposedly know is in development because "multiple sources" at NOA have told them.

Edited by robotattack

Interesting thing. Found this what I wrote in the 70s which seems pertinent as ever and probably more so.

http://jamiepbarker.com/uncategorized/blessed/

In those days there was no way to show off your Nintendo games but to trick people into coming to your house. Now you'll be able to thrust the Switch into people's faces to show off a horse.

16 minutes ago, wretcherd said:

This event next week is perfectly timed as I'm just about starting to cool off on the whole thing.

Hoping that the detail and new games will get the excitement going again.

It's got all the Nintendo games

I think they only need to announce Melee HD and MvC Infinite so the fighting community gets on board as well. 

Put my preorder down in Game, was going to order from Amazon but didn't want to chance a delivery man not delivering my parcel.

Once we know the release date I will book a day off work and go get the Switch from Game first thing in the morning.

Presentation, London trip and preorder all sorted just the waiting now...

I asked my wife to get me a Switch and she rushed outside and came back with a long thin branch.

I proceeded to playfully beat my wife with it as I explained I wanted a Nintendo Switch.

Don't worry, lads. She gave as good as she got and she's also Huckleberry Finn so no harm done.

19 hours ago, Napole0n said:

I don't think you should read too much in that Ubisoft statement, typical early vaguely positive non-committal boilerplate. "Great partnerships" and "excited to work together" mean absolutely nothing when sales are bad.

Ubisoft have more games coming out for the system than any other major publisher, some of them apparently even exclusive to the system. They clearly believe in the possibility it will be a success and do what Nintendo have told them it could do, bring back the Wii crowd.

19 hours ago, Bojangle said:

Hey guys, do you think mushashi actually enjoys video games?

Yes, just nothing of note from Nintendo since the last Advance Wars title. I gave up on the rest of their sequel-heavy line-up ages ago, complete apathy to the usual suspects at this point in time. I don't suffer very much from nostalgia which might go some way to explaining that, despite Super Mario World and SMK both having pretty much permanent places in my alltime Top 10.

If all you want is a typical modern internet echo chamber which reinforces your world view that Nintendo is still in the glory days of the 90s, then why bother posting on a multiplatform forum?

19 hours ago, rgraves said:

Such a typical post from you Mushashi - 'I wonder what has given Ubisoft hope' is your opening gambit as clearly Nintendo are doooooomed.

But then you immediately go on to say that "it would be the worst selling portable device they've put out if it can't even clear 60 Million".

So, you've answered your own stuff by being negative in both instances - the thing that's giving Ubisoft hope is that Nintendo pretty much own the portable market and traditionaly shift a very high volume of units there - so if Switch can capture part of that, there's software to be sold and money to be made.

So you decide which it is that you want to argue - Ubisoft are bonkers, or Nintendo should be expected to easily clear 50+m pieces of hardware?

LOL, I just found it interesting you went with the glass is almost full angle when countering the N64 is a failure statement, ignoring the fact you believe in the 1 pillar meme of combining the 3DS and Wii U into one system resulting in better sales for the home console side, but then only expect it to sell worse than the last portable system has done on its own, don't you see the problem with your 'optimistic' outlook on how well the Switch will do? Why not aim for 107 Million instead? as basic maths would dictate that 60+14=30 to 40 doesn't sound like a good deal for Nintendo, it would just mean the portable side is on exactly the same path as the home consoles have been since the first time Nintendo had to put up with some actual viable competent competition.

I'd say Ubisoft are typically Ubisoft optimistic, they gave Nintendo full support on the Wii U at launch too and are the only major publisher to risk money on VR games, while all the rest have taken a wait-and-see approach.

10 minutes ago, mushashi said:

Ubisoft have more games coming out for the system than any other major publisher, some of them apparently even exclusive to the system. They clearly believe in the possibility it will be a success and do what Nintendo have told them it could do, bring back the Wii crowd.

Yes, just nothing of note from Nintendo since the last Advance Wars title. I gave up on the rest of their sequel-heavy line-up ages ago, complete apathy to the usual suspects at this point in time. I don't suffer very much from nostalgia which might go some way to explaining that, despite Super Mario World and SMK both having pretty much permanent places in my alltime Top 10.

If all you want is a typical modern internet echo chamber which reinforces your world view that Nintendo is still in the glory days of the 90s, then why bother posting on a multiplatform forum?

LOL, I just found it interesting you went with the glass is almost full angle when countering the N64 is a failure statement, ignoring the fact you believe in the 1 pillar meme of combining the 3DS and Wii U into one system resulting in better sales for the home console side, but then only expect it to sell worse than the last portable system has done on its own, don't you see the problem with your 'optimistic' outlook on how well the Switch will do? Why not aim for 107 Million instead? as basic maths would dictate that 60+14=30 to 40 doesn't sound like a good deal for Nintendo, it would just mean the portable side is on exactly the same path as the home consoles have been since the first time Nintendo had to put up with some actual viable competent competition.

I'd say Ubisoft are typically Ubisoft optimistic, they gave Nintendo full support on the Wii U at launch too and are the only major publisher to risk money on VR games, while all the rest have taken a wait-and-see approach.

Full support to the WiiU at launch? You trippin' son.

And if, as you admit, you hate Nintendo because you've got something wrong with you, then go and post in threads about things you like because you're seriously dulling my buzz.