Nintendo Switch

deKay

1 minute ago, Larsen B said:

I want the version I can sell or lend to someone else, independent of my console and account.

Not to mention the Switch games will no doubt run undoubtedly better from cartridge than from a Micro SD card. Inevitably the measly but understandable 32gb internal storage will be full in no time if you buy digitally, leaving you with having to constantly delete and install games if you go digital only. IMO only an idiot would go full digital with a Nintendo console (up to this point anyway).

31 minutes ago, Napole0n said:

Haha, if you really consider paying 50 quid for Bomberman you really need a checkup. Not is it only totally not worth it, but you can be 100% certain it'll be in the bargain bins for a tenner before summer. Paying anything more than that is mental.

£50 for a tarted-up ZX Spectrum game.   

Any launch game which isn't max £30 and not Zelda (of the currently released list) is on a hiding to nothing as far as I'm concerned. Utterly mental. I don't know what Konami or Capcom et all are hoping to achieve. Maybe ARMS will do 'ok' but certainly not what it might achieve given a better price point. I'm sure publishers are hoping that the small title list will play to their favour, but I think most players will be happy to sit tight and play Zelda.

7 minutes ago, gizmo1990 said:

Any launch game which isn't max £30 and not Zelda (of the currently released list) is on a hiding to nothing as far as I'm concerned. Utterly mental. I don't know what Konami or Capcom et all are hoping to achieve. Maybe ARMS will do 'ok' but certainly not what it might achieve given a better price point. I'm sure publishers are hoping that the small title list will play to their favour, but I think most players will be happy to sit tight and play Zelda.

How much was Knack on launch?

1-2 switch is heading the right way, £33 is danger territory for excitement hype purchase after a couple of days from launch...

Bomberman at around £30 would of sold well. It's cheap enough to be people's second game at launch or cheap enough for someone who only wants Bomberman. I want the game but i'm going to wait to see if it drops in price. Zelda on launch for £50 and Mario Kart in April for £45 and i will be OK until Mario comes out towards the end of the year.

Well value is subjective sure. Personally, especially today, I find £30 an awful lot of money to spend on a game. However, I'll happily pay that (and more) if the title has sufficient value. Again that's subjective but I really would have thought there's some common ground here. In this case, anyone who thinks Bomberman offers the same value as Zelda after seeing both, is either nuts/fanboy/collector or has more money than sense. I'd certainly put 1, 2, Switch in that catagory too.

1 minute ago, gizmo1990 said:

Well value is subjective sure. Personally, especially today, I find £30 an awful lot of money to spend on a game. However, I'll happily pay that if the title has sufficient value. Again that's subjective but I really would have thought there's some common ground here. In this case, anyone who thinks Bomberman offers the same value as Zelda after seeing both, is either nuts/fanboy/collector or has more money than sense.

I agree but i am basing the prices in comparison to all of the other games which are £35 (1 game, 1-2 Switch!) to £50. Due to the lack of games, buyers will have little to no choice. Pay a high price for what's available or wait. It's not like we have loads of games to choose from but at the same time, no one is forcing us to buy it on launch in the first place. 

2 hours ago, Broker said:

Sorry, I know someone already rudely responded here but that seems like a lot of bullshit if you're not very technically adept or you're lazy or poor. I have a lot of things I would rather spend money on than servers, and a lot of things I'd rather spend my time doing than setting up servers. When I'm using my PS4 I just drop out of games and into Netflix all the time. I don't think I've switched the HDMI input for anything outside of the Wii U in about a year, because the second my PS4 could provide everything I started using it for everything, saving myself the hassle of changing devices and controllers. That's why devices are trying to get apps for services everyone has, because they want to compete to be people's primary media device. Nintendo not bothering just makes them look out of touch to general consumers, and I think here my "I can't be arsed, I'll just do it all here" is a lot closer to the general public than your "I'll use my personal knowledge and maybe a bit of research to set up a complex, bespoke system of wireless receivers that perfectly match my needs". I'm not suggesting that your way isn't better, just that it's going to be a lot more complex and expensive, and Nintendo could really do with selling this device to some normal people.

I think my point was lost as apparently running a Plex Media server makes me some sort of (delete as appropriate) God / idiot / rich kid / money waster / evangelist / farmer, and has triggered off some weird forum hate mail, so let's forget about the whole server thing, and talk about streaming services, such as Netflix.

Originally, I said it merely to show that despite being someone who is technically adept, I find these secondary functions of games consoles to be exactly that.  Second rate.

I have already been bothered to go through the hassle and upkeep of a server, but I simply can't be bothered with running consoles for something like Netflix when much better, and more convenient devices exist for this purpose.

I think your point seems somewhat similar.  

You use your ps4 to save the hassle of switching inputs on the TV. I can't be bothered getting off my arse to pick up the controller / unplug the controller if it's charging, then waiting for the console to boot, open the app to find it needs an update, and go about finding something to watch.

The Amazon Fire stick (for example) is so much more convenient.  The remote hangs around on my sofa, and it means my more expensive console is reserved for doing what it's meant for - playing games.

I get there is a convenience factor, but what I don't understand is why this is such a big thing, especially here of all places where most of us probably have more than one console / device that can do these things, why is the Switch not launching with (for example) Netflix such an issue?  

I guess the simple answer is that I have grossly underestimated how many people use their consoles for functions beyond gaming!

9 minutes ago, jatpool said:

I agree but i am basing the prices in comparison to all of the other games which are £35 (1 game, 1-2 Switch!) to £50. Due to the lack of games, buyers will have little to no choice. Pay a high price for what's available or wait. It's not like we have loads of games to choose from but at the same time, no one is forcing us to buy it on launch in the first place. 

Sure, I get that. That's totally what they're hoping will happen. I'm just not sure it will this time around, with the audience that will be buying into the Switch initially. We'll then have a situation where the likes of Capcom will go, well shit, sod this. And pull any possability of bigger titles for the device.

54 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Only digitally. I want the physical version. :)

Never ordered through Amazon before and don't even know if they accept my virtual CC (Neteller). 

It's $54.99CDN (roughly £33.60/€38.83) on Videogamesplus, plus at least $7.49CDN for shipping https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=24428. Depending what value they declare, you might get customs added onto that too.

It's roughly the same price at PlayAsia http://www.play-asia.com/the-binding-of-isaac-afterbirth/13/70avfv (US version)

3 minutes ago, robotattack said:

It's $54.99CDN (roughly £33.60/€38.83) on Videogamesplus, plus at least $7.49CDN for shipping https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=24428. Depending what value they declare, you might get customs added onto that too.

It's roughly the same price at PlayAsia http://www.play-asia.com/the-binding-of-isaac-afterbirth/13/70avfv

Doh! :doh:

Hadn't even thought of PlayAsia yet. Thanks so much duder! :D

6 minutes ago, robotattack said:

It's roughly the same price at PlayAsia http://www.play-asia.com/the-binding-of-isaac-afterbirth/13/70avfv (US version)

Anybody familiar with play-asia these days and possible customs charges? 

35 minutes ago, gizmo1990 said:

Or or just not buy the console because it has no exclusive games being sold for a reasonable price. 

22 minutes ago, jatpool said:

Bomberman at around £30 would of sold well. It's cheap enough to be people's second game at launch or cheap enough for someone who only wants Bomberman. I want the game but i'm going to wait to see if it drops in price. Zelda on launch for £50 and Mario Kart in April for £45 and i will be OK until Mario comes out towards the end of the year.

£30 is still crazy for a game with identical versions available for pence on every gaming device ever. The Nintendo plan is that not only do you just play the same games over and over for the rest of your life but you also regularly pay for them again.