Nintendo Switch

10 minutes ago, dataDave said:

I Am Setsuna ready for DL on launch. Great.

Is it any good? I loved Bravely Default.

I'll take it if so!

It's decent. Very simplistic, old school kind of JRPG that somewhat lacks variety, but it tells a simple story well enough and has a lovely (if samey) piano soundtrack.

Well I was annoyed at having to cancel Amazon's pre-order because I, too, changed my address - but I've got the Neon console (which I would have preferred) plus a tenner off 1-2 Switch (making it £24.99) from Argos so ends well. 

Still, that is fucking nuts of Amazon to not tell you changing an address will knock you to the back of the queue. 

1 hour ago, Hitcher said:

Counts as re-ordering so back of the line.

I updated my payment details yesterday because I received a new card from my bank after losing my other one, and noticed that the delivery date was now no longer stated. 

I've just gone and ordered from Argos instead. 

7 minutes ago, bm said:

Well I was annoyed at having to cancel Amazon's pre-order because I, too, changed my address - but I've got the Neon console (which I would have preferred) plus a tenner off 1-2 Switch (making it £24.99) from Argos so ends well. 

Still, that is fucking nuts of Amazon to not tell you changing an address will knock you to the back of the queue. 

Get your ducks in a row before preordering. It's just common sense.

33 minutes ago, dataDave said:

I Am Setsuna ready for DL on launch. Great.

Is it any good? I loved Bravely Default.

I'll take it if so!

It's lovely, but a little dull so far. I got it on PS4 in the sale, played it for a couple of hours and haven't had the urge to go back.

1 minute ago, Jonny5 said:

Or Amazon could just not provide the options to edit your payment and shipping details on an order and make you cancel & reorder to make it obvious what will happen.

Amazon have probably got enough on their plate trying to source enough units of Nintendo's incredible hybrid console so they can fulfil the overwhelming demand for this incredible machine which has taken the World by storm, to worry about changing their computer systems. 

Amazon have been the same on any pre-order for the years, its been on this here forum several times across several console launches and yet we seem to never learn!

To be fair Argos seem to be pretty damn decent these days esp for consoles and games so not too bad to have SWITCHED to them.

I remember going to Argos with my mum and step-dad to get my NES Mario + Duck Hunt pak along with Double Dragon II and Super Off-Road.

They were for Christmas though, so they all had to get pointlessly wrapped up once we got back. Parents can be proper knobs at times.

8 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

They should have marketed this as a handheld that is also a console, not the other way round. I think it will certainly be an interesting couple of years for them. 

One look at the software line-up and pricing model would tell you why they chose to make it a successor to the Wii U and not the 3DS (which is the exact opposite to how most Nintendo fans choose to now see it).

A 3DS successor with worse practical portability and home console software pricing and costing way more than any previous portable Nintendo console wouldn't even get off the ground, but as a home console which can be portabalised, you can justify the entire thing a whole lot easier.

If it was positioned as the next portable machine, you would expect the remaining portable game makers to have been briefed and had software planned for it, for which there is little evidence so far.

Beste John,

Op vrijdag 13 januari 2017 heb je bij ons het artikel 'Nintendo Switch - Zwart' besteld onder het bestelnummer 4122505870.  

Wanneer ontvang ik mijn bestelling?
Je hebt even in onzekerheid moeten zitten over de precieze leverdatum van je bestelling. Gelukkig hebben we nu goed nieuws voor je! Wij verwachten jouw artikel op de dag van release, vrijdag 3 maart 2017, gewoon bij je te kunnen bezorgen.

Onze excuses voor de onduidelijkheid.

Met vriendelijke groet, 

bol.com Klantenservice

8GtsKrE.jpg

4 hours ago, Jonny5 said:

That doesn't sound like a very stable long term business, maybe that's why he now has a problem with them?

Davison offloaded the site to somebody else ages ago, I believe he did alright out of that idea. His entire career in games media seems to be as some sort of trouble shooter/kickstarter editor, Glixel was created as an offshoot of an established successful non-gaming brand, seems other established media are looking to grow their gaming presence as it isn't the only major player doing so.

Any one wanting a pre order very.co.uk have them on their site now. I know they mite have a bad reputation but I got my PS4 from then on launch day wen they were hard to get hold of.  Get 10 % off if it's your first order with KPAJM .

(I take no responsibility if anything goes wrong :) ) 

Just now, the_debaser said:

For the first time ever I just sat through an entire advert on YouTube. Because it was the Zelda trailer. :wub:

I got some ad for Halo 2 with "real life" soldiers. Suffice to say I didn't etc it all and the little I did see has made me want to burn my Xbox 

14 hours ago, joe bazooka said:

Check out this deadbeat. Worrying about £30.

£250 is still too dear. £280 just takes it well above the threshold where I can lie to myself about it. Everyone's got a limit. I suspect the Switch might be higher than most people's. 

I hope it does well. But I suspect I'll not be the only one hanging on.