Nintendo Switch

deKay

16 hours ago, sir shrew said:

I've been slowly doing pixel art of every major console and with the Switch launch coming up decided to have a go.

PixelSwitchsm.png

The separate neon joycons on the right are the wrong colours! :)

12 hours ago, MidWalian said:

Have now pre-ordered a HORI case. Cost is mounting. Fiver cheaper than the official one and room for four carts.

Also have both a grey and neon switch pre-ordered and not sure which one to cancel.

Bloody Nintendo giving us an option!

I have both colours pre ordered and have no idea which one to take. 

I kind of think I should get the grey one and buy neons separately but I won't have any multiplayer games to play. Or friends.

6 minutes ago, Strafe said:

I have both colours pre ordered and have no idea which one to take. 

I kind of think I should get the grey one and buy neons separately but I won't have any multiplayer games to play. Or friends.

I think we established grey is the safe option if you want to play in public or at a wake but neon means your life is fun. I went grey because I'm scared.

I'll say this about the neon colours: they looked even more fluorescent in hand than they did in images on my screen. The comparison with highlight markers is pretty spot on. That just made me like them even more, but some might not be able to handle their sheer ostentatiousness. 

12 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Holy SHIT. I've only just realised the separate red/blue Joy-Con are the opposite colours to the ones included with the red/blue console. That means you can do a fully blue or fully red console.

You didn't just realise this, I told you just ten minutes ago! :)

2 hours ago, Paulando said:

Holy SHIT. I've only just realised the separate red/blue Joy-Con are the opposite colours to the ones included with the red/blue console. That means you can do a fully blue or fully red console.

I'd never noticed that either! Subtle and awesome!!

Maybe Nintendo should continue this subtle and awesome tactic when releasing different coloured/themed joycon packs in future. You get, say, a left SNES joycon and right Gamecube joycon in a pack for £75, and if you want the symmetrical counterparts you can buy the right SNES joycon and left Gamecube joycon pack for another £75. Not devious and cynical at all. Subtle and awesome.

1 minute ago, jatpool said:

I thought all this colour talk was over :( I'm definitely sticking with grey (or am i?).

I went for a grey pre order right up until the kind person put a link to the neon pre order in this thread on that early January morning, grey pre order lasted less than 10 mins - do the right thing ;)

I really like the sheer balls of those neon colours, but as handheld mode is my main mode of play, I do worry it will be distracting so close to the screen, especially in something with muted colours like BOTW.

Tell me I'm worrying needlessly.

7 minutes ago, jonamok said:

I really like the sheer balls of those neon colours, but as handheld mode is my main mode of play, I do worry it will be distracting so close to the screen, especially in something with muted colours like BOTW.

You have it the wrong way round, imagine youre stuck in a bit of Zelda and as you know those games are designed to make you feel stupid at how obvious the solution actually is - you look away from the screen and are reminded that you bought the boring grey joy con and feel even more stupid ;)

JM.jpg

18 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Handheld consoles I've used and loved without issue*:

NGPC.gif

Gameboy Advance Orange.jpg

GB Micro.jpg

You'll be fine.

*well, aside from the GBA's horrendously faint screen, of course.