Nintendo Switch

deKay

42 minutes ago, jatpool said:

What are the chances of some of receiving consoles early from online orders? My friend received his NES Classic a few days early as did a few people on the forum too. 

If they send them out Wednesday, I'd imagine a fair few will arrive Thursday.

If you're interested in trying 1, 2 Switch for cheap, might be worth signing up for a new Very account and using this code: LA4AC

Gets you 30 quid off an order over 60 quid. I signed up and pre-ordered 1, 2 Switch and Mario Kart 8 and ended up paying 54 quid for them both (so essentially a tenner for 1, 2 Switch which is about what it's likely worth to me). Don't really care if I get it on launch day or not, but as a cheap party game it might be some fun.

People were using the code to get Pro Controllers for 35 quid but they must have been inundated and the Pro is listed as out of stock now :(

3 minutes ago, Majora said:

If you're interested in trying 1, 2 Switch for cheap, might be worth signing up for a new Very account and using this code: LA4AC

Gets you 30 quid off an order over 60 quid. I signed up and pre-ordered 1, 2 Switch and Mario Kart 8 and ended up paying 54 quid for them both (so essentially a tenner for 1, 2 Switch which is about what it's likely worth to me). Don't really care if I get it on launch day or not, but as a cheap party game it might be some fun.

People were using the code to get Pro Controllers for 35 quid but they must have been inundated and the Pro is listed as out of stock now :(

Is this one of those scams where they force you into a credit account?

2 hours ago, Luseth said:

I would think that there is something in the dock that assists with taking the screen res up from 720p?

Yeah, a mains power connection :P

The Tegra chip is actually capable of outputting native 4K/HDR and supports a bunch of other video codecs too in hardware, but those have been customised out.

On 26/02/2017 at 07:52, sprite said:

Are you all keeping your Wii U's or trading in?

I haven't touched mine in ages but as ever the thought of getting rid of so many Nintendo games makes me very sad. I still have my Wii for the same reason.

My husband sort of said I could get a new console if I sold one. I've still got a PS3 though so I could get rid of that!

Or maybe just hide both.

Ahhh it's so hard. I'm not sure I can justify it for one game that is also coming on a console I still own!

And I've already booked Thursday, Friday and the following Monday off work for unrelated reasons. Gah!

The Wii U will end up being the super rare, collectible Nintendo console.....

2 minutes ago, Spainkiller said:

To transfer a Mii from a Wii U (or a 3DS) you need to register an owner to an amiibo using that Mii. Then you can scan the amiibo on the Switch and get the amiibo from there.

What about the fella I have on my Nintendo account? 

He's on my Super Mario Run and miimoto

8 hours ago, joe bazooka said:

How shit are Eurogamer being with their Switch coverage, huh? Fucking nothing.

Thats how I want it at this point. I'm safe to browse there unlike say Kotaku or ign where you'll be innocently scrolling through and suddenly

IN BREATH OF THE WILD YOU CAN FUCK A DOG IN FIRELINK SHRINE AND HERES WHY THATS AMAZING