Nintendo Switch

deKay

18 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I wonder how much charge the JoyCons have out the box, I'm planning on playing on the TV at first.

My plan is to give everything a full charge before use. I know it's old fashioned in the sense that batteries don't necessarily need a full charge these days to get the most out of them but I plan to take it with me when we visit the misses' parents on the evening so would be nice to have no need to plug anything in etc.

1 hour ago, footle said:

The Bone's OS wasn't ready for launch, and therefore they'd have been right. But isn't this a first for Nintendo: releasing a console requiring immediate patching?

Ha! That's a good one. The Wii U coudn't even be used for anything unless you downloaded a large patch on day one. Mega 64 even did a good pisstake on it. The Switch at least allows you to play games without the day one patch.

19 minutes ago, HarMGM said:

Ha! That's a good one. The Wii U coudn't even be used for anything unless you downloaded a large patch on day one.

Eh? That's not right at all - the Wii U could be used out of the box - you could play while it downloaded the day 1 patch in the background - exactly like the Switch.

22 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Eh? That's not right at all - the Wii U could be used out of the box - you could play while it downloaded the day 1 patch in the background - exactly like the Switch.

:facepalm: Christ, that means I waited for nothing before I started playing mine when I got one and waited until the update got done.:doh:

7 hours ago, Hellcock said:

Hello, a few Qs.

When using the switch un-docked, what are my sound options? Headset (3.5mm/USB jack?), inbuilt speakers? 

What are the launch games? I just got a little confused over redout and FAST RMX. Different games. :(

Is this toshiba card equivalent to the one posted earlier in the thread? http://www.lazada.sg/catalog/?q=TOSHIBA 128GB microSDXC Class U3 MicroSD TF Flash Memory Card 90MB%2Fs&searchclickposition=prod1 ( @Shimmyhill ?)

It looks to be the same spec but are they a legit shop as loads of knock offs around - the advice here is to buy from Amazon but not Amazon sellers due to risk of fakes and I would never buy one from ebay!

44 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Could someone recommend a decent 128gb memory card please. I'll be going physical for the most part so I reckon that'll suffice for e-shop stuff.

I recommend waiting until you've spent up the onboard 25GB first. By that time you'll get the best 128GB card for about £12.

Future don't always publish Nintendo magazines anymore, but when they do they have 148 pages, cost £9.99, recycle content from the previous month's Edge and have no game reviews.

https://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/gaming/nintendo-switch/?utm_source=Adestra&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=17161&utm_term=817928&utm_content=305078

How can you possibly resist?

15 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Another launch title added:

This is available on mobile already as a F2P title so worth giving it a try for free if you think you might be interested. The mobile version is gated off by the usual paywalls but looks like they're going with a traditional purchase model for the Switch.

14 minutes ago, _Pow_ said:

lulz, please buy our free game for actual money

To be fair it looks like there's over 100 songs in the game and they're all hidden behind 'keys' in the mobile version which you have to buy.

Still, I gave it a go and thought it was pretty boring to be honest. Really bog-standard rhythm game with not much to make it stand out.