Nintendo Switch

deKay

16 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Boomerang have added the Switch launch titles to their catalogue so I've added 1-2-Switch and Bomberman to my list :hat:

I have added bomberman, so it depends on whether or not horizon zero dawn turns up I guess. If it doesn't then my fingers are crossed for bomberman :D 

37 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Fire Emblem in other words.

Well considering we have to wait until 2018 for the real fire emblem game (and then we don't know how much it may change) then I'm happy to have it in the meantime :D When will they announce "actual" release dates for the indies? Most of them just said 'fall' or 'summer' etc

Last night it felt like I was flashed 25 years back.

Nintendo has been very clever pushing indies.

If big third parties ignore you, the best they can do is probably ignore them all the way.

I wish Undertale was announced last night though.

On 24/02/2017 at 15:02, Luseth said:

The thread is mostly just people complaining about a console that hasn't come out yet and no one has spent a good few hours using.... 

Welcome to RLLMUK!

These games appear to be highly priced considering you can get better by going onto google on your pc and typing GAME PLZ.

What's the web capabilities of the switch?

*edit* I've just found out. None! Wow. I'll be waiting for Switch V2 which I'm sure will drop in about 8-14 months.

The left joy-con appears to have a compromise between buttons & a directional pad so it can be used as both, but the reports i've read from those who have tried to use it as a D-Pad (like on Ultra Street Fighter 2) is that it doesn't work properly & you're better off using the Pro Controller, which has a proper D-Pad.

I know that Nintendo could release a left joy-con with a 'classic' D-Pad for those who want it, but i'm wondering if the attempt to make it pull double-duty is doomed from the start?  Can you have a design that can function equally well as a D-Pad & buttons, or does it have to be one or the other?

4 minutes ago, Dinobot said:

These games appear to be highly priced considering you can get better by going onto google on your pc and typing GAME PLZ.

What's the web capabilities of the switch?

*edit* I've just found out. None! Wow. I'll be waiting for Switch V2 which I'm sure will drop in about 8-14 months.

3 minutes ago, robotattack said:

Nonexistent at this point. 

What web capabilities are you looking? Will you be able to play online? Yes. Will you be able to access the online eShop? Yes. Will you be able to browse the internet? No. Will you be able to watch Netflix. No.

16 minutes ago, Jarik said:

The left joy-con appears to have a compromise between buttons & a directional pad so it can be used as both, but the reports i've read from those who have tried to use it as a D-Pad (like on Ultra Street Fighter 2) is that it doesn't work properly & you're better off using the Pro Controller, which has a proper D-Pad.

I know that Nintendo could release a left joy-con with a 'classic' D-Pad for those who want it, but i'm wondering if the attempt to make it pull double-duty is doomed from the start?  Can you have a design that can function equally well as a D-Pad & buttons, or does it have to be one or the other?

All I know is that I want need a proper joypad when using the switch as a handheld. 

21 minutes ago, MidWalian said:

After the update a web applet will appear when you connect to WiFi via a login page. 

That is all we will need because we will be bloody playing games!

I wondered about that. 

16 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

I'd definitely use it for Netflix too if it were an option so I'm disappointed that it's not.

It will inevitably come in a future update, don't worry. The rush job just means we get to play Zelda sooner.

41 minutes ago, *chin* said:

What web capabilities are you looking? Will you be able to play online? Yes. Will you be able to access the online eShop? Yes. Will you be able to browse the internet? No. Will you be able to watch Netflix. No.

Dinobot was suggesting being able to play a browser game rather than paying £7.99 for the same kind of thing. :mellow: I'd also be pedantic about those being net capabilities more than web capabilities, but I'm not deKay. ;)