Nintendo Switch

deKay

2 hours ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

Ah man, that's hard luck

Worst thing is I can't collect it until the next day. However, I'm going to the hospital tomorrow and not sure when I be finished. So latest would be Friday or god forbid the weekend.

29 minutes ago, Wiper said:

In fairness to the developer, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo take a bigger swipe than the other manufacturers, and for the physical editions I would expect there to be an increased manufacturing cost thanks to them being cartridge based. It could just be a case of them taking advantage of the system being new to sell at a higher price, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that it does actually cost more to publish on Switch, even if that doesn't make up a full £10 difference.

It doesn't account for the £10 difference in the digital edition, though. Guess I'll wait till its cheap before I pick it up. 

5 hours ago, ahsoka said:

Smyths at Crown Point in Leeds had loads of them behind the counter this lunch time so it's perhaps worth trying there or their other branches if anyone is wanting one.

Leeds crew represent! I work just down the road from that Smyths, too. 

Just had a weird issue with my Switch. I was playing Zelda sitting outside on a bench waiting for my wife to pick me up. When I saw the car approaching I tried to put the switch to sleep but pressing the button did nothing. I then tried the home button and nothing happened then either. Same with the screenshot button. However the volume buttons still worked and Zelda was playing fine. I then removed the Zelda cartridge hoping that would trigger something in the OS but nothing happened - Zelda just kept playing fine. In the end I had to hold the power button and the volume down button for about 5-10 seconds and it finally turned off. 

2 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Tried the moleskin 'method' with the dock, as seen on neoGAF. Resulted in a tight squeeze, and... The back half of the console getting deep scratches. :( 

Fuck me, we need someone to make decent third-party docks for this thing.

Take it back. 

24 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

Take it back. 

From Game in-store, when I didn't purchase their shitty insurance? I'll get at best offered store credit, and they'll be charging fifty quid more than Argos and supermarkets for the console when the launch window excitement clears. :( 

4 hours ago, Tofu said:

Bloody hell, so I been waiting all day for the postie to arrive and when I finally given up hope I head to the toilet and then he comes. I was mid way into my piss and there was no way of stopping. Once I was done I rush downstairs shouting "I'm here" loudly hoping he could hear me to be greeted with a missed you slip in the post box.

53495183.jpg

I would have run all the way to the door. Pissing as I did so.

9 minutes ago, Paulando said:

I think I've got the perfect solution for the dock. A bought an A4 self-adhesive sheet of felt for £2 from eBay:

IMG_4600.JPG.a9d8e749cdb49df1800b4dde4b635f3b.JPG

It's black, very thin, very soft, and cheap.

Got a link? Doesn't it need to be mega thin?

21 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

From Game in-store, when I didn't purchase their shitty insurance? I'll get at best offered store credit, and they'll be charging fifty quid more than Argos and supermarkets for the console when the launch window excitement clears. :( 

A device being scratched by its own dock sounds faulty to me.

Take it back.

5 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

A device being scratched by its own dock sounds faulty to me.

Take it back.

I've read that as he tried to undertake some sort of fix to the dock and that caused the scratch. I'm not sure why the retailer would take that back if that's the case? 

1 minute ago, Jashin said:

I've read that as he tried to undertake some sort of fix to the dock and that caused the scratch. I'm not sure why the retailer would take that back if that's the case? 

Well, you're not going to tell them that are you? Your rate of success would be down to who you deal with, of course. The fact that something it's intended to be placed in is even capable of scratching the unit seems like a defect to me.

13 minutes ago, Jashin said:

Sounds like it was faulty already if it was tight enough to scratch the console with the equivalent of a screen protector on it. 

I would take it back to the shop first of all, then escalate it to their customer service department, and then go to Nintendo themselves. There's no way you wouldn't get a new console by following that.

1 hour ago, Paulando said:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/221998497306?_mwBanner=1

It is thin! Close to a standard A4 piece of paper I'd say. Going to try putting it on now.

Thanks for the pointer to that. Worth trying, as the moleskin is too thick really. I'll just play purely in handheld mode until the felt arrives.

(Really, I'll be pleased when third-party docks arrive, or Nintendo offers an official fix.)

Someone should point 

5 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Thanks for the pointer to that. Worth trying, as the moleskin is too thick really. I'll just play purely in handheld mode until the felt arrives.

(Really, I'll be pleased when third-party docks arrive, or Nintendo offers an official fix.)

Something along the lines of that will be Nintendo's official fix, if they ever acknowledge there being a problem. Meanwhile, some entrepreneuring type will probably start selling strips of felt like that.