Nintendo Switch

deKay

26 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Cool. Not having owned a Wii U the Switch lineup is looking pretty stellar. I'll still be playing Zelda by the time Mario Kart comes out, which is chock full of content. Then there's Splatoon. Not so sure about ARMS just yet but I'm betting that will be good too.

Imagine getting a Switch next Christmas with Zelda, Splatoon and Mario Odyssey :blink:

Sounds awful, how would you decide which one to play first??? :P

24 minutes ago, Fallows said:

That would spoil anyone. So much greatness that it feels 'normal'.

Crazy isn't it. Never underestimate Nintendo. Looks like they've got a hit on their hands with the Switch, and when you consider the IP they're sitting on its insane. 

I'm hoping for a Wii Sports announcement at E3. I think they need a two pronged attack - Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Fzero etc for the traditional Nintendo fans and the likes of Wii Sports, Pokemon, Animal Crossing etc for their expanded audience. And at least it does look like the Switch is positioned to address both markets, it's versatility being it's strong point.

I picked up the messenger bag in Game today, last one they had.

So I won't use it loads but for me it will be handy to take the Switch to my dad's if I'm staying there for a bit, of course I would play handheld but I do have the option there of playing on the TV too so nice to be able to easily pack everything up to take it.

There is a slimline hard case that will take the Switch plus joy cons, this sits in its own section in a pocket. There are dividers in the bag which are all fully removable via Velcro so you could even use the bag for a small laptop if you wanted I think. As it comes the sections are there for the dock, cables+power plug, and a controller option. I will check if my Pro controller fits in in the controller section - should do!

You guys that are complaining about the gyro aiming in Zelda being "laggy" or whatever, you realise it's not meant to be the main method of aiming? You aim with the stick as per usual then fine tune with the gyro. It's brilliant.

My lateral thinking daughter has solved the "charger at the bottom" problem when playing for long periods in kickstand mode. To do the same you will need this long list of materials:

1. Shoe box (or any small box with a removable lid)

Make a small hole in the middle of the lid and another in one of the sides. Feed the charger cable in through the side of the box and up through the lid. Plug in the Switch and rest it on the box with the charger in the hole. Play forever.

48 minutes ago, rgraves said:

I wanted that one, but it doesn't appear to be available in the UK yet...

I just got this one for £9:99 - was going to be a stop-gap and nothing more, but it's pretty good!

http://amzn.eu/38dvkVA

EDIT: Appears it's gone up a few quid now, but still cheap at £13

That orange lining is such a horrible colour.

I've totes binges my Switch, with both a glass screen and Paulando felt.

I have loads of felt left. Enough for two. It's up for grabs, post here and PM me your address - on the proviso that whoever it goes to does the same with the spare section. Seems fair?

51 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

So I finally cracked. The thought of a handheld Zelda with a world you can tackle in any order was too much.

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_3038.thumb.JPG.d31ac6e407f998ed0b326dcb51842aad.JPG

Ha. But seriously, I wanted to get this played before I get around to Breath. 

(Thanks @MikeBeaver  )

It's better than BotW anyway.

6 hours ago, g wings said:

My 5 years old daughter saw a video of Samba de Amigo on the weekend and wants me to ask someone, anyone, to make it for the Switch. I agree with her, who do I petition?... 

Do you have a Wii Console kicking about because you can that version of Samba de Amigo off Ebay for about £2?  Even if you don't you can pick up a Wii super cheap these days!

1 hour ago, Professor_k said:

Do you have a Wii Console kicking about because you can that version of Samba de Amigo off Ebay for about £2?  Even if you don't you can pick up a Wii super cheap these days!

No and I can't get another console. I've gone from none to three (Xbox, switch, PS4) in as many months!