Nintendo Switch

deKay

So there I was playing some Zelda when my sister came over having cut her finger with some secateurs, I dressed her wound and she had a right old wobble so I played Zelda while she stayed round - in the end we went up to the doctors, as you can imagine this somewhat ruined my Zelda plans...

OR DID IT, god damn having it portable is the best - best doctors visit ever!

I passed my local branch of CEX whilst I was in town today and they had a set of Switch controllers in the window with a price for the whole console. It took a good thirty seconds of staring at the display before I realised that the slim, svelt, no-brand mobile phone next to the controllers was in fact the Switch itself. Holy shit it's tiny. I've seen pictures and video but assumed it was iPad Mini sized, rather than iPhone sized.

It's bloody gorgeous, too. I'm 100% getting one once I've got the funds (so in about four years time <_<).

1 minute ago, sprite said:

I've never played Splatoon before, am I in for a bit of a treat with Splatoon 2?  All set with the test fire downloaded!!

Splatoon is pure and utter fun, I am mainly an FPS player (until BOTW) and I really haven't put as much time into Splatoon as I should have done - I did the classic thing of buying it for the kids....

It really is special, best change to FPS style I've ever played - cant wait for 2 and will play it properly from day one!

12 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Splatoon is pure and utter fun, I am mainly an FPS player (until BOTW) and I really haven't put as much time into Splatoon as I should have done - I did the classic thing of buying it for the kids....

It really is special, best change to FPS style I've ever played - cant wait for 2 and will play it properly from day one!

Splatoon isn't a FPS!

21 minutes ago, Mrs Horribleman said:

Thanks for that. Managed to get this working. 

Do you recommend any beginner system reminders? I've not played it since the original PS2 game. 

I've not actually got around to buying it myself yet :lol: but yeah, anything that helps remember everything that will be going on it would probably help!

2 minutes ago, Strafe said:

There are more who have yet to be revealed:

"There will be more characters, with more arm types. What we have available today is just a portion of what will be available in the full game. You can look forward to more information gradually coming out as the release date approaches"

the switch has ruined things for me now... I want *every* game to be on the switch.  I've played Zelda constantly since release, it's been on the train, on the couch, in the office... It's been mobile and on the big telly, and I want this kind of freedom to play when and where I want on every game.  Especially for these big time sink games.  The only way I could ever finish Xenoblade was when it came out on the 3DS.  I can't wait for Skyrim on the switch.  I finished it on PS3, but only by sticking purely to the story and not deviating.  There's so much I've to get out of that game.  GTA would be perfect on the switch as well...

it's just an amazing wee thing

I got my Swtich the day before going to Mexico. Played a lot of Zelda fine in portable mode over there but back to TV mode and the left joy-con is not fit for purpose. I'm about 3 metres from the TV and I've moved my dock higher so it's not blocked by the coffee table yet it constantly gets stuck moving left or right, making Blaster Master unplayable and Zelda annoying. Very disappointed.

36 minutes ago, ashmatuk said:

There are more who have yet to be revealed:

"There will be more characters, with more arm types. What we have available today is just a portion of what will be available in the full game. You can look forward to more information gradually coming out as the release date approaches"

:blush:

49 minutes ago, Jonny5 said:

Never played it personally, but from all the footage I've seen it's a third person game.

I know, I've played bloody hours and hours of it. I love it, it's frickin awesome.

You need to play it man, stat!

Mine both lose connection constantly at anything more than about 2m.

Edit: I've also had very slight issues with the pro controller at 3m if I cross my legs and break line of sight between the pad and dock.  My room hates the Switch.

1 minute ago, rgraves said:

It is. The first person to splat all of the turf wins ;)  

Nope. Because they can lose after that point!

4 minutes ago, JPickford said:

Has anyone tried switching everything else off to see if it's interference?

I turned the Switch off.