IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

Just now, deKay said:

Nope. Because they can lose after that point!

Nope, because, er...erm....if that person has splatted *all* of the turf, then there is nowhere for the opposition to go. Obviously if they don't have *all* the turf splatted at once then yeah.

Quit trying to ruin my pathetic gag you meanie.

10 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Nope, because, er...erm....if that person has splatted *all* of the turf, then there is nowhere for the opposition to go.

Sure there is. Some areas can't be splatted and so are perfectly safe.

39 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Has anyone bought one of those custom-made screen covers for their docks? Fabric strips just aren't helping, even with careful application and weekly replacement, so I may have to go down that route.

Helping with what exactly? Are you getting weekly new scratches?

I've had weird intermittent issues with my left joycon,  maybe 5 times in the 50 hours + I have played Zelda on it. It's odd because in this house it only seems to occur if I relax the pad low enough so it is sat on my thighs with my knees obstructing the direct line of sight to the switch itself. Any other object that gets in between doesn't affect it. So my son standing in front, nothing. The dog sitting in between, nothing. It's really weird but if I want to I could make the left joycon disable at will.

Have I made myself clear? Do I have a lead kneecap that noone had told me about? 

So update on my Switch and the problems I was having with my Joycons not connecting...

After they mysteriously started working again on Thursday night, they were fine Friday morning, didn't work that evening, were fine all day Saturday but since Sunday morning I've had nothing. My Switch, both Joycons and my Pro controller are all packaged up in the hallway to go to Nintendo for repair tomorrow. :(

I've pretty much resigned myself to losing my Zelda save, but it's going to Nintendo in the vain hope they will repair, instead of going back to Amazon for a replacement when they next get stock in.

Enjoy Splatoon this weekend.

8 hours ago, Strafe said:

It's gonna be a waggle fest, isn't it.

8 hours ago, Majora said:

I'm sure I heard you could play it with normal controls. If you can't I have no interest in it, however good it is it would get exhausting extremely quickly.

You can use perfectly normal controls. Remember the game can be played on the go so it really does have to have those options.

Arms, I assume like splatoon as their esports push, it will be a title with content slowly released over time. Extra chars /levels /weapons released for free over a year to keep people interested /playing over the year. I'm probably wrong :P

Having played it the waggle works well, the long arms means the travel time for the arms means its harder to spam out attacks like wii sports boxing. 

Looking forward to it, also the theme music is cool! 

As a 42 year old father of two young children (18 and 1 months), I can see the appeal of the Switch. And I’m a huge Zelda fan! It’s good to read that people in a similar situation are positive about the console. For now, I still need to finish Yakuza 0 and I want to play NiER: Automata and Persona 5. But I’m seriously considering getting a Switch by the end of the year. Hopefully there will be some more games, a hardware revision and a price cut by then.

Good to see they're handling problems swiftly.

Does anyone know why the right joycon seems relatively ok compared to the left? If its just a bit of shielding required, then presumably the right joycon already has better shielding from launch?