IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

2 hours ago, Jonny5 said:

It's more that their fleshy leg is a great barrier for the signal.  My Apple TV has a Bluetooth remote and has no issues with disconnecting over the same range as the joycons do.  Next time the wife is out I'm going to try shutting down as many devices as I can in the house to see if it has any impact.  

Yeah but if it's a weak signal already in the JoyCon it might be affected more than your Apple remote. It seemed to work for me at least. Got to be worth a try if you do have Bluetooth switched on on your phone.

3 hours ago, bignige said:

How would this one fare? I've ordered it, but I've no idea if it will blow up my Switch?!
I'm thinking about sending it back and am more inclined to go with your recommendation as it has a USB-C port. It's all a bit confusing though!

I realised I hadn't linked to the power bank I purchased. Although, after reading some of the above with regards to USB-A, I would most likely benefit from sending it back and getting a USB-C enabled power bank. 

Anyways, here it is...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B012V9H3WA/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Welp, tried the joycons out wirelessly for literally the first time since launch and I definitely have the left joycon issue. It's obvious just on the map in Zelda, I can start moving it in one direction, take my thumb off the left stick, and it will just carry on scrolling. 

Between that and the shitty WiFi signal I get, it's not a great start to be honest, Zelda and the nice Pro Controller aside. Once I've finished up Zelda I'll probably contact Nintendo about both issues and look to get them sorted before Mario Kart is released. Just really really don't want to lose my Zelda save which wouldn't be an issue if the machine had the incredibly basic functionality of saving to the micro SD card instead. 

Oh Nintendo. You just released one of the best games ever but you do make it easy to hate you sometimes, you magnificent bastards. 

Turns out my nephew is getting a Switch for his birthday next month (jammy little cunt) and he wants Zelda (jammy little cunt with good taste) so that's my present to him sorted. What other games  will have been released by mid April in a physical box that will be suitable for a seven year old boy?

11 minutes ago, spork said:

You have to sign in each time you view the eshop?

Yes. 

I believe there is an option to sign in automatically but I wouldn't want that on a mobile device.. 

Just now, Jashin said:

Well you have to select the user / account who isn't browsing but that's it. 

No, I have to sign in. As I said.. 

Just now, Jashin said:

Well that's weird because I don't. Is there some sort of setting you're missing?

I assume you have it set to auto sign in. Which isn't a state I'd want to leave a mobile device. 

I'm just surprised that the sign in is required to simply view the store rather than,  as is the standard every where else,  at the check out.. 

2 minutes ago, spork said:

What can you actually do when logged in? Does the switch store credit card info? Or is it just a case of being able to buy things with any credit left on the account?

IIRC it remembers your balance (I've not tied a CC to the account).. 

Anyone else have a problem with JoyCons not charging?

Had the Switch docked and charging for well over 24 hours, with JoyCons fully connected.

Just turned it on, detach JCs, and right JC is showing 2/3 full, left is only 1/4 charged, in the red and giving me low battery warnings on screen. After a day of charging?

Are they hardware fucked or is it a firmware bug or the like? Have done some resets and connect/reconnect. Will see if they decide to charge.

EDIT: And that did the trick. Such flakey hardware though. Needed a few more months in QA I imagine.

1 hour ago, Mike S said:

IIRC it remembers your balance (I've not tied a CC to the account).. 

I think you can still set it so it needs a PIN to check out. Same as on the 3DS.

12 hours ago, Luseth said:

Don't know if anyone has seen this, taken from Reddit. But it's most definately what the Switch was invented for -

bbd9875434a4448984581b7f0679afea.jpg

Gaming at the pub oh yeah :D 

Old news, I was doing that last week :P

today, I am on route to Pwllheli in Wales, I've done 7hrs of the 9&1/2 hr journey, so far the highlight was meeting a random woman and her child who were very interested in what I was playing on (Zelda of course!).

which turned into a 3 player match up on bomberman r for half hour / 45 minutes, and them leaving saying they were definitely going to buy one!!!

upon arriving in Wales, the Switch has been set up in the front room and we have had a right laugh plying 1,2, Switch, tomorrow will be great once the others are here and we get 4 player bomberman and more 1,2 on the go, loser each round takes a shot..... I have a feeling it may get messy :):)

I contacted Nintendo on Monday to complain about my left Joycon, as it's making Zelda hard work with the random running off cliffs.  As I explained to them, I sit two meters from the console, which is now outside of the TV unit on the left of me, if I put the controller in my lap with my legs up on the table, the left goes wonky.  Called Nintendo AU and explained that and the fact I have a PS4 and Wii U beside it which have no issues and are at the moment powered off.

They didn't hesitate, could take the whole unit back to Big W for a refund (would rather not), bring it to them directly as they are also in Melbourne where I'm living just now, or they will send me a return form.  I went for the form as it's 25k away outside of the city, didn't seem worth the drive.

On Monday, I was concerned about sending/taking it over for them to say "works fine" but now I see about their variation comment, they will just do a swap I suspect.  Will post them off on Monday, problem with that is that I'm at the wrath of Auspost who for a delivery company, don't like to deliver.

Early adopter fun!

I contacted Nintendo on Monday to complain about my left Joycon, as it's making Zelda hard work with the random running off cliffs.  As I explained to them, I sit two meters from the console, which is now outside of the TV unit on the left of me, if I put the controller in my lap with my legs up on the table, the left goes wonky.  Called Nintendo AU and explained that and the fact I have a PS4 and Wii U beside it which have no issues and are at the moment powered off.

They didn't hesitate, could take the whole unit back to Big W for a refund (would rather not), bring it to them directly as they are also in Melbourne where I'm living just now, or they will send me a return form.  I went for the form as it's 25k away outside of the city, didn't seem worth the drive.

On Monday, I was concerned about sending/taking it over for them to say "works fine" but now I see about their variation comment, they will just do a swap I suspect.  Will post them off on Monday, problem with that is that I'm at the wrath of Auspost who for a delivery company, don't like to deliver.

Early adopter fun!

They won't do a swap, the reports have shown they are adding a bit of insulated foam to the Joy con.

They won't do a swap, the reports have shown they are adding a bit of insulated foam to the Joy con.

It could still be a swap.  Just swapped with one which already has had the foam added, then they add foam to his to send onto the next person.