IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

47 minutes ago, Napole0n said:

So far my Switch seems straight (fnar) and scratch free.

I think I'm going to put it in a velvet lined leaden box and bury it to make sure it stays that way.

I think it works quite well as a cart as it doesn't have much longevity and I would be surprised if you got more than 5 hours entertainment out of it tops. 

25 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

I think it works quite well as a cart as it doesn't have much longevity and I would be surprised if you got more than 5 hours entertainment out of it tops. 

Want to sell me yours if you're finished with it? :)

4 hours ago, Majora said:

Oh yeah, there's no right or wrong way. But I think most people naturally tend to start with Zora's Domain, and work their way around as the game definitely nudges you in that direction. Certainly I think that particular stealth mission works best if you come to it having encountered the clan all the way through the game rather than dealing with them almost immediately.

This is quite interesting as I wonder if the people having a tough time of getting into it are travelling in the 'wrong direction'.  The beauty of this game is everyone's run through will be different with interesting tales of their own adventure.

The last game I really got into was World of Warcraft and I played that exclusively for years.  I've been looking for something that had a similar appeal that I could play on the move for years now and BOTW is really hitting the spot.  I can see me putting the time in to collect materials to fully upgrade my armour and pimp out my house and all sorts once I deal with the calamity.

If I didn't have a switch, I reckon I'd be about 25% of my time through Zelda and there's no way I would just spend entire train journeys just wandering about fnding things.  

I really really really really want more of these big time sink games on the switch.  It's the best platform for them.  Skyrim and Xenoblade are going to be great on it.

3 hours ago, Stanley said:

To say this is now the best game I've ever played isn't any kind of overstatement. It's not even just comfortably the best, it absolutely towers over everything. In fact if I had to visualise it, it'd be a picture of that massive tower in the desert.

Im finding it difficult to disagree with this statement. Upon starting playing Zelda a few weeks back I would of said this was hyperbolic.  The dust has now settled a bit and I've been taking my time in playing this and its genius is shining through more and more with every session.  I started playing this concurrently with the Witcher 3 which is a beautiful game, very atmospheric and some terrific storylines but my play through has been tailing off in favour of spending more time with Zelda.  The Witcher 3  gameworld, while beautiful just seems as deep as a puddle in terms of interactivity and variation in gameplay. I find I'm playing more for the story than gameplay.  Zelda has just spoiled me and open world games are just going to feel very flat and uninspired by comparison.  Not saying Witcher 3 is shit and they are aiming for different objectives but I just found was not enjoying being in its gameworld.  However there are uncanny similarities between Zelda and Witcher that I could not help compare.  Nintendo has set the bar very high for open world games and I'm just going to subconsciously compare it to any others going forwards even if it's a apple and oranges comparison.  

42 minutes ago, simms said:

Im finding it difficult to disagree with this statement. Upon starting playing Zelda a few weeks back I would of said this was hyperbolic.  The dust has now settled a bit and I've been taking my time in playing this and its genius is shining through more and more with every session.

Yeah, the honeymoon period of new game and new console is now pretty much over but Zelda continues to amaze. I absolutely love it, there's so much to do and discover and every time I play I discover new things, from new locations and shrines to new capabilities and fun stuff to do. It really is an amazing achievement.

On 03/04/2017 at 15:38, _Pow_ said:

oh snap bend!

EJwaQiW.jpg

I'm scared to check mine, it'd have to be shaped like a EU banana before I risked my Zelda save by sending it back to Nintendo.

Just checked mine and it's just like that one in the pic. No idea if it was 100% straight in the first place to be fair.

9 hours ago, Jonny5 said:

Saw an ad for 1-2 Switch on TV last night and the wife asked if I could get it so she could play on the Nintendo.  

The worst bit about 1-2-Switch is the presentation. It's so lame and the voice over guy makes me cringe. The whole thing looks cheap and naff. They would have been better using an existing character as veneer (warioWare like) or have created some basic one. 

Just a quick question for those of you that have had your Switches for a while: Knowing what you now know, would you still have bought on day 1?

What I mean is, should I get one now, or wait and see if they release a new model soon which fixes a few of the problems?  I was going to take the plunge weeks ago, but then Horizon got in the way and I didn't want to interrupt it. Now I'm almost glad I waited, seeing the various reports of controller issues, overheating, bending, etc.  It's not all that bad, is it?

3 minutes ago, catinthehat said:

Just a quick question for those of you that have had your Switches for a while: Knowing what you now know, would you still have bought on day 1?

What I mean is, should I get one now, or wait and see if they release a new model soon which fixes a few of the problems?  I was going to take the plunge weeks ago, but then Horizon got in the way and I didn't want to interrupt it. Now I'm almost glad I waited, seeing the various reports of controller issues, overheating, bending, etc.  It's not all that bad, is it?

No regrets.