Nintendo Switch

deKay

7 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

What, seriously?

What a wanker :lol:

Also, Knack was a travesty. 

I enjoyed Knack. The only thing i did enjoy about the PS4.

6 minutes ago, Stanley said:

No need you know we're not like that.

You actually are though. I've gotten nothing but horrible shit for daring not to love everything about the Switch and you've been a consistently nasty little gang of bullies, calling me aggressive whenever I respond to you all behaving like school children. Please, enjoy your thread, but don't kid yourself that you've all been lovely and fair here. 

Anyway, fuck discussing this with you lot.

1 hour ago, Broker said:

Oh aye, no pile on here. You're all acting like totally reasonable adults and not a massive bunch of unpleasant people.

Edit: Removed the word cunt because someone reported it. You stay classy Switch thread.

Yes. We’re the unreasonable ones :rolleyes:

28 minutes ago, Broker said:

You actually are though. I've gotten nothing but horrible shit for daring not to love everything about the Switch and you've been a consistently nasty little gang of bullies, calling me aggressive whenever I respond to you all behaving like school children. Please, enjoy your thread, but don't kid yourself that you've all been lovely and fair here. 

Stop being a twat just because you have buyer's remorse. People have their reasons for liking their Switch and for buying it, whether it was purely for Zelda or for the promise of what was to come, and you trouncing in here calling them idiots, insulting them and then throwing a bitch fit when they fight back isn't going to change that. 

Anyone had any problems with Switch LAN Adaptors?

I bought the UGreen USB3 model from Amazon in preparation for Mario Kart and here are the average results I'm getting:

Wireless - 34 Mbps Down / 11 Mbps Up

Wired - 15 Mbps Down / 10 Mbps Up

Playstation 4 Pro connected to the same Wired Connection (just swapped the cable over) - 79 Mbps Down / 17 Mbps Up

I've tried various restarts etc of both my Router and the Switch but I'm unable to get it better than the above.

This is the one I bought - 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MYTSN18/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Well fuck-sticks. Looks like I have a duff unit just before MK gets released. The left joy-con refuses to calibrate although it seems to work. However motion controls go on and off while they're docked in the handheld mode. It's hit and miss; they work fine when separated but once docked I have to go in and out of settings and remove/ add them. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Can't find any similar reported problems on line so I guess I need to return it (sad face)

Anyone know now if there's a chance Game will swap over in store? I've not even had it for 3 weeks.

2 minutes ago, VN1X said:

It's just calling out (and triggering) the most precious of forumites. 

This just starts the whole thing again of who finds what offensive though. I, personally, couldn't give a shit. I deal with enough in my real life to be able to get on with my day if someone here calls me a c**t or sommat but other people who might be offended by the post should be free to report it. Technically there's no-one "too precious" here apart from Angel (RIP) so if someone is upset by something posted, they should feel ok reporting it without any guilt. 

Just my 2 cents of course. 

@clippa Good for you, other people might feel differently. 

Surely a report for language used isn't so much a report against a person but a request to just tone it down?

Either that or I really am completely naive to all the forum politics.

ANYWAY

When is Stardew Valley coming? I'm so excited to give it a go.

23 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

@ahsoka No issues here, I have it plugged into the internal USB in the dock if that makes a difference.

Hmmm, okay thanks. Not sure what the issue can be in that case. Will ask one of the guys at work to give it a try if they can on their set up and see what result they get.

Could someone with Zelda do me a favour and check something?

If you use the joy-cons in separate hands, I.e. not in the controller dock , does the left have any motion control when aiming or is the motion control purely from the right joy-con? 

Just trying to to troubleshoot my earlier issue. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Broker said:

I've challenged your arguments, but there's been no bullying going on. No one is expecting you to love the Switch - but you're coming out with statements about purchase justification and the like which you have no way of proving. Your own replies are the only aggressive posts here.

Tell you what I dislike is the utter dipshit at Nintendo that designed the cradle, I'm pretty careful but its getting some horrible scratches on the reverse and if it didnt have a screen protector  on it would be ruined.

i'd report that tit to the mods.

2 hours ago, BubbleFish said:

Anyone know now if there's a chance Game will swap over in store? I've not even had it for 3 weeks.

I've had my Switch for two weeks and noticed that I had the left joycon desyncing problem a couple of days ago. I got onto Game through their online chat and they agreed to me going into my local store and swapping the joycons for new ones so its worth contacting them.

I sort of agree with @Broker. As a big Nintendo fan I was very tempted by the switch but ultimately there wasn't a lot to purchase in this initial period. I went for Zelda on Wii U and won't bother with MK8 deluxe as I played MK8 a lot on Wii U. I'll certainly get a Switch once Mario is released, but I just knew that if I got it at launch I'd end up filling it with sub-standard games (and yeah I think there's a lot of that going on here). If you didn't have a Wii U it totally makes sense to get a Switch. Personally I didnt think Nintendo did enough to convince Wii U owners.