IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

Not that I've seen. It comes with Mario themed stuff, or you can buy it extra I think. Very few details about it considering it's so close to release. Can't even find a price. But multiplayer on Switch with proper controls is pulling me in. No release date for a physical version that I could find either other than a tentative 'autumn' on some retail sites.

Found more info

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/04/minecraft_on_switch_compares_well_to_other_versions_wii_u_world_transfers_being_worked_on

As for content, the Switch version will be on par with the January update of the main game on PC, but will quickly be updated to the most recent version shortly after release.

In terms of performance, Minecraft on Switch will run at 60fps (it wasn't stated if this was in docked or undocked mode, or both) and the game world will be 3072 x 3072 blocks. For reference, the Wii U version's worlds are limited to 864 x 864 blocks (as are the Vita, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions) while the PS4 and Xbox One enjoy worlds of 5120 x 5120 blocks in size.

Right, my Left joy con is well fucked. 

I know, this has been gone over to death.. I mixed it up with Handheld/joy cons/pro controller during my Zelda play through and never encountered an issue! It's now prevalent when playing Mario Kart. Steering just stops! 

So I'm going to punt them in to Nintendo to get repaired/foam installed. Is this place to go here? Anyone done this? - 

https://nintendoservicecentre.co.uk/repairs/

11 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

I know, this has been gone over to death.. I mixed it up with Handheld/joy cons/pro controller during my Zelda play through and never encountered an issue! It's now prevalent when playing Mario Kart. Steering just stops! 

Same issue here! Worked perfectly playing Zelda, cuts out all the time with Mario Kart, making the game literally unplayable.

4 hours ago, Stanley said:

Demo for Master Blaster too.

Anyone buying Minecraft next week? I'm tempted but I might wait and see if they release a boxed version.

Damn right...

till now, the Vita had the best console version of Minecraft 

3 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

So I'm going to punt them in to Nintendo to get repaired/foam installed. Is this place to go here? Anyone done this? - 

https://nintendoservicecentre.co.uk/repairs/

Yeah that's the right site.  Just hope parcel force don't lose your joy-cons before they even get to Nintendo. <_< 

1 hour ago, scottcr said:

Damn right...

till now, the Vita had the best console version of Minecraft 

It was even better before they took away the PlayStation Music/Spotify app. 

I'm currently reading A Boy Made From Blocks, so I feel the inevitable purchase coming on. 

I'll be grabbing Minecraft on Friday as long as it's no more than £25 or so. Eight players online too, I believe. Really hope they incorporate touch controls for micromanaging stuff easier but I'm guessing they won't. Other than a brief dabble on PS4, I haven't played it properly since it was in beta on PC, well before it exploded, so I'm quite excited to rediscover it. Is the occasional tinkly piano music still in it? I fucking adored that.

7 hours ago, ann coulter said:

Wait, what? Does anyone know if this is true? Random Neogaf post:

On PS4 and Xbox One, the render distance is 18 chunks

On Switch Docked, the render distance is 12 chunks

On PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii U, the render distance is 10 chunks

On Switch Undocked, the render distance is 7 chunks

On PS Vita, the render distance is 5 chunks

This was from a live steam a few weeks back. 

35 minutes ago, shynra said:

On PS4 and Xbox One, the render distance is 18 chunks

On Switch Docked, the render distance is 12 chunks

On PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii U, the render distance is 10 chunks

On Switch Undocked, the render distance is 7 chunks

On PS Vita, the render distance is 5 chunks

This was from a live steam a few weeks back. 

And just like that I'm no longer interested. Why is there always a catch with Nintendo?

5 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

And just like that I'm no longer interested. Why is there always a catch with Nintendo?

I wouldn't let it put you off. I'd played lots on the Vita version, which is worse. 

I would be interested to know the reason why though. 

26 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Disappointing. Is it because the CPU is underclocked in portable mode? I would have though the drop is res was enough to save on GPU power.

Underclocking the CPU is likely a battery saving endevour as much as underclocking the GPU.

On 05/05/2017 at 20:45, ashmatuk said:

According to parcel force the label came off and they had to issue a new one - that took two weeks. Nintendo then couldn't find my controller after it arrived with the replacement label. That took two weeks until the uk customer services manager stepped in and sent me a new one. Speak to parcelforce as soon as you can. 

Spoke to Parcelforce this morning and they're initiating a search at their central hub and if they don't find it there then they'll ask the Cambridge hub to search..  Might hear something back by the end of the week.  FML.

11 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Do you think it's just a wii u port ala mario kart so they haven't really tried to improve it too much? 

Well it has all the Mario content so maybe. I have heard from multiple people though that it looks much nicer than the Wii U version, i honestly doubt it would matter too much playing it portable.

What are the ipad render distances anyway?