IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

5 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Stopped by Game to exchange 30 Game dollars for 30 Nintendo FunBux. All set for Hollow Knight (It's only £10.99 on PC). Not sure what else to get. I might get Snake Pass or Tumbleseed but neither look essential. I haven't got Fast RMX, either but can't see myself playing that and MK8 at the same time.

I wouldn't bother with Snake Pass.  

It's a frustrating,  tiresome,  borefest which is all the more disappointing as it looked so great in the previews. 

37 minutes ago, Mike S said:

It's a frustrating,  tiresome,  borefest which is all the more disappointing as it looked so great in the previews. 

200_s.gif

Only joking but hey I really liked snake pass.

53 minutes ago, Mike S said:

I think it's a bit of a marmite game.

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

I think it's a bit of a marmite game.

It may well be but, for me at least, it was marred by having to fight both the controls and the camera, combined with very samey levels and uninspiring objectives not to mention a frustratingly slow pace. It's the only Switch game I own, of ten or eleven so far,  that I have regretted buying and, had there been a demo, almost certainly would not have done so.

19 minutes ago, Mike S said:

It may well be but, for me at least, it was marred by having to fight both the controls and the camera, combined with very samey levels and uninspiring objectives not to mention a frustratingly slow pace. It's the only Switch game I own, of ten or eleven so far,  that I have regretted buying and, had there been a demo, almost certainly would not have done so.

Yeah, I think more Switch games need demos. I might get it on Steam so I can play it for an hour and refund it. If I like it, I'll get it on Switch. 

16 minutes ago, Herbalizer said:

Anyone know when the NBA game is out and how much it's going to cost?

According to the eShop, £17.99 and tomorrow

5 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Wait.

What happened to Binding of Isaac? 

4 hours ago, Broker said:

It has in America.

4 hours ago, Bojangle said:

Sometime in 'Quarter 2', at least for the physical edition. I have no idea why it's out in the US and not here though.

Its bizarre this is not out yet on the UK e-shop? This is my first console in years and I thought simultaneous worldwide release was standard.  I'd hate to think that Nintendo are staggering releases. *

* I know I can buy off US store with some trickery but I should not have to do that faff. 

12 hours ago, Stanley said:

I wouldn't let it put you off. I'd played lots on the Vita version, which is worse. 

I would be interested to know the reason why though. 

Because the port was done by 4J studios who are fucking shit at utilising Nintendo hardware? (see the Minecraft Wii U port that utilised fuck all functionality of the gamepad)

19 minutes ago, simms said:

Its bizarre this is not out yet on the UK e-shop? This is my first console in years and I thought simultaneous worldwide release was standard.  I'd hate to think that Nintendo are staggering releases. *

* I know I can buy off US store with some trickery but I should not have to do that faff. 

Nicalis published it in the US, and palmed it off to another publisher for Europe.

23 minutes ago, simms said:

It is ludicrously easy to set up and use a US account.

Even I can, and did, do it...

Gah, I'm a few months behind you guys but I had my switch delivered on Friday and spent the weekend playing around with it.

My four year old was very much enjoying Mario Kart (despite the game essentially being on autopilot for her).

However, I encountered that issue with the controller straps being very difficult to take off (and not sitting flush). Only after some research did I figure out that there is a +/- sign on them that corresponds to the controller.

Boop.

Also, getting that left controller issue so many people talked about. I thought they were fixed in this latest batch of consoles?

51 minutes ago, Mike S said:

It is ludicrously easy to set up and use a US account.

Even I can, and did, do it...

The account creation is indeed super easy.  I spent 2 days trying to buy US eShop credit unsuccessfully though.

10 hours ago, DC07 said:

Can't compete with the VR experience but I'm still considering double dipping so I can love my Switch that little bit more.

If they've done HD Rumble right, it will be worth it.

I'm only going to be happy if I can play that jimmy saville song that guy in the PSvr thread got warned for

I'm not keen on a lot of the Switch cases out there as I feel they're too long so I've been after one which is designed to have you take the joycons off. I know rjames got one which he seemed to like but I wasn't keen on the orange so thought I'd give the digicharge one a go. It costs a whopping £6.79 and is essentially made by a company that makes these cases for satnavs so made a slightly bigger one for the Switch.

I'm quite happy with it, especially for the price (and I got £2.50 off, making it less than a fiver). It's a hard case and I think it'll do the job admirably.

3 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I'm not keen on a lot of the Switch cases out there as I feel they're too long so I've been after one which is designed to have you take the joycons off. I know rjames got one which he seemed to like but I wasn't keen on the orange so thought I'd give the digicharge one a go. It costs a whopping £6.79 and is essentially made by a company that makes these cases for satnavs so made a slightly bigger one for the Switch.

Can you post a link?

20 minutes ago, g wings said:

Can you post a link?

Amazon

I got mine from eBay but only because TopCashBack were doing £2.50 of bonus cashback over the long weekend.

The only caveat is that the inner fitting thing for the Switch was a bit too tight and it felt like you had to force the Switch in, but I took it out and gave it a little stretch and now it's perfectly fine.

Oh, and the wrist strap is very flimsy but I haven't put it on (it's not in those pics, either).