IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

17 minutes ago, freezycold said:

lolwhat?

I've spent 10 minutes looking for it in the PSVR thread but it was hilarious.   Some guy was streaming his game of Thumper and the song was a sample of someone saying "JIMMY SAVILLE!, BBC PE-PE-PEADOPHILE!" etc.  and I think he got a warn from Sony/Twitch.  

1 hour ago, rafaqat said:

I've spent 10 minutes looking for it in the PSVR thread but it was hilarious.   Some guy was streaming his game of Thumper and the song was a sample of someone saying "JIMMY SAVILLE!, BBC PE-PE-PEADOPHILE!" etc.  and I think he got a warn from Sony/Twitch.  

there's another psvr game called starship disco or something where you can use your own music, i guess it was that?

also thumper is amazing.

20 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Sadly not, but I think it might have something to do with Nintendo apparently not letting devs announce things yet and keeping a very tight control on the flow of games. I'm sort of assuming that it'll be out at some point in June/July at the latest, but I suppose it could be much longer than that.

It's looking like Hollow Knight might still be a while away. The devs posted the following on their Kickstarter page in April:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11662585/hollow-knight/posts/1857148?ref=backer_project_update

On to the Switch!

Beyond the PC platforms, our next major target is the Nintendo Switch. Things are really starting to move now for the Switch version, and thanks to Unity’s multi-platform support we’ve not been building from scratch. Saying that, we’ve still a way to go on the Switch release. Submitting to international ratings boards, preparing for certification, dealing with new hardware, and learning new software takes some time! Team Cherry loves a challenge though, and we love the Switch! What a classy little device it is.

We’re working hard to get Hollow Knight to Switch backers as soon as we possibly can. Like with PC, expect an official announce of HK's Switch launch date the moment we know we can hit it.

11 minutes ago, Majora said:

You can finally save card details for the eShop, and choose just to password protect purchases rather than needing a password just to get in the shop. Baby steps.

http://nintendoeverything.com/switch-eshop-now-lets-you-save-credit-card-information/nggallery/image/107480

You could do this on the 3DS and Wii U already, and they share the settings with the Switch, so how come you couldn't do it until now? Utterly bizarre.

38 minutes ago, Jonny5 said:

If PSN has taught us anything it should be don't save your card details on videogames eShops.

Nintendo don't have a functioning web based eShop or allow you to activate one account across two Switches simultaneously, so there's no incentive for hackers to try and buy games on your eShop account.

2 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

For the Switch?

Yes. It's the same one for the Switch as the 3DS and Wii U. I bought Neo Turf Masters, Fast Racing and Snipperclips using it.

I went to my local asda yesterday. The gaming section is really hidden away now. However.. there were LOADS of switch consoles, games and accessories. I was almost tempted to pick up another power adapter for £5 and a case. I had heard Bomberman was 30 quid there, but it was 40 when i checked.

4 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

I went to my local asda yesterday. The gaming section is really hidden away now. However.. there were LOADS of switch consoles, games and accessories. I was almost tempted to pick up another power adapter for £5 and a case. I had heard Bomberman was 30 quid there, but it was 40 when i checked.

You sure that power adapter wasn't for the 3DS?

3 minutes ago, jonamok said:

You sure that power adapter wasn't for the 3DS?

Pretty sure it was for the switch. There didn't seem to be any 3DS stuff except for a few games.

It had the plug part and the cable part separate in the box (like an ipad) . I was surprised it was so cheap.

2 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

Pretty sure it was for the switch. There didn't seem to be any 3DS stuff except for a few games.

It had the plug part and the cable part separate in the box (like an ipad) . I was surprised it was so cheap.

Was it a third party one? The official one is £28 normally I think and is a single unit.

Just now, g wings said:

Was it a third party one? The official one is £28 normally I think and is a single unit.

Ah yes sorry it was 3rd party. Is there any 3rd party docks floating around? It's such a pain moving the dock around the house.

3 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Thanks, where did you find that btw? Quite pricey isn't it.

Edit. Isn't that just a place holder for the physical release?

Twitt0rs.

And probably.