IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

Just noticed that Minecraft Switch is £19.99. That is an excellent price, considering it has the Mario gubbins included, and allowing for the usual Switch Tax. Midnight tomorrow I'll be buying my first ever copy of Minecraft. Excite!

Also just bought tumbleseed. And played MK8DX on the shitter this morning too.

What an utterly amazing console.

Might dive in on Minecraft too at that price. My 4yo loves watching videos of it on YouTube, but has never played it. I've never played it either, will there be a way for me to play with my kid in 2 player? Preferably with a joy-con each.

It has split screen, split either horizontally or vertically. I think I heard it needs each player to have a controller with two sticks, though? So either another JoyCon pair or a Pro Controller. I've not looked too deeply into it though.

I'm considering it for that price. I haven't really played it before.

The high dock price is all part of their strategy to make the mainstream consumer think that Switch is primarily a home console. They have to do this to justify the pricing because mainstream won't accept £280 for a 'handheld that you can plug into the TV'.

See also

- The unnecessarily large size of the dock - it must do something really clever right?

- Putting the dock rather than the handheld front and centre on the box

- Consistent messaging that it is primarily a home console (we all know it isn't, right?)

3 minutes ago, Beezer said:

The high dock price is all part of their strategy to make the mainstream consumer think that Switch is primarily a home console. They have to do this to justify the pricing because mainstream won't accept £280 for a 'handheld that you can plug into the TV'.

See also

- The unnecessarily large size of the dock - it must do something really clever right?

- Putting the dock rather than the handheld front and centre on the box

- Consistent messaging that it is primarily a home console (we all know it isn't, right?)

The dock is going to be overly expensive, no doubt, but....

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

1 hour ago, Super Craig said:

You need two Joycon for each player.

1 hour ago, Broker said:

Yeah it will have split screen multi, not sure if it will work with just a joycon though or if you'd need more buttons.

1 hour ago, joffocakes said:

It has split screen, split either horizontally or vertically. I think I heard it needs each player to have a controller with two sticks, though? So either another JoyCon pair or a Pro Controller. I've not looked too deeply into it though.

I'm considering it for that price. I haven't really played it before.

Well looks like I'm getting another set of joy-cons...Or pro controller...

Just now, _Pow_ said:

you know what I want? someone to make a third party stand flap which has the same texture as the rest of the back of the switch. I'd pay upwards of a quid.

Don't understand...Apart from the rubber pads for grip, it is the same texture? :blink: