IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

MInecraft, then. The draw distance isn't bothering me too much so far (handheld mode) but within minutes of playing I noticed significant slowdown when panning the camera horizontally. I'm sure several reviews mentioned locked 60fps docked and undocked so I'm a little perplexed.

So, Minecraft is a bit of a time sink innit?

3 hours gone in the blink of an eye. First survival game ended badly as my overnight cave got surrounded by a dozen slimes. Died fighting my way out in the morning.

Second attempt got a nice little stone cottage with a picket fence built on a sandy beach. No mobs near me, straight into a crafting frenzy next day.

Already got grand plans to build a beachfront mansion.

This is going to consume me isn't it?

Got my joycons swapped for a new set. I actually could have put rocks in the box as the guy refunded me without checking. 

EB tried to get me to preorder the yellow set. Happy with Neon and the grey thanks. Sorely tempted by the pro controller but already spent too much money. Though I could go with the angle 'it'll be easier for the kids to play Zelda' though that might not be a good thing.

Isnt it time From announced Dark Souls - Prepare to Switch edition?

1 hour ago, jonamok said:

3 hours gone in the blink of an eye. First survival game ended badly as my overnight cave got surrounded by a dozen slimes. Died fighting my way out in the morning.

Second attempt got a nice little stone cottage with a picket fence built on a sandy beach. No mobs near me, straight into a crafting frenzy next day.

Already got grand plans to build a beachfront mansion.

This is going to consume me isn't it?

Yeah, despite some technical shortcomings, it feels great returning to it on Switch. There's something distinctly snug and relaxing about playing it portably but with proper controls and a vibrant, just-big-enough screen, while not losing the 'full' game experience.

1 minute ago, Bushtopher said:

I'm also new to minecraft (hadn't actually bought it yet). 

How does two player work? Could I play it with my 4 year old? Can you play it with one joy con each? (I don't have a pro controller)

Ive heard you need a pair of joycons each to play 2 player. Or a pair of joycons and a pro pad.

2 hours ago, jonamok said:

Don't monsters fuck off and/or burst into flames in the daytime anymore?

I'll find out myself later. Bought and downloaded it before work this morning ready to get stuck into it later. You know, rather than playing the Mac, 360, PS4, Vita, or Xbox One versions I already own...

45 minutes ago, Bushtopher said:

I'm also new to minecraft (hadn't actually bought it yet). 

How does two player work? Could I play it with my 4 year old? Can you play it with one joy con each? (I don't have a pro controller)

You need two sticks so you'll require either 2 sets of joycons or two pro controllers or some other combo.

Sent my switch dock off for repair several weeks ago and Nintendo sent me back a brand new one today that's more bent than the last one!

Is no one at Repair Tech checking these replacements...

I'm away next week to centre parcs, which has traditionally been an excuse to bust out my otherwise unused handhelds to play during downtime. In December, for example, I completed link between worlds and aliens Infestation. But next week...next week will be all about Mario kart, breath of the wild and...I dunno...bomberman?

2 hours ago, Azrael said:

I really want to go on holiday/long haul flight just so I can play my Switch on the plane... 

I'm going to canada at the end of the month and it's taking every fibre of my being not to just order one.

3 minutes ago, Dudley said:

I'm going to canada at the end of the month and it's taking every fibre of my being not to just order one.

Best wait and see if all electrical devices are condemned to the hold,  where they can happily spontaneously combust without upsetting the passengers (at first)... 

29 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

Pretty much EVERYTHING you imagine about the Switch beforehand turns out to be true once you have one. You honestly have no idea. There's a reason that Switch owners are on a non-stop love-in with the console, and the reason is the console itself.

It's unbelievable there's still no saves backup/transfer though.