IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

2 minutes ago, Stejay said:

I still want to know how bad the loading times are.

Terrible, but not quite as bad as on the Wii U.

According to the videos in this thread, anyway.

LEGO City takes maybe a couple of minutes to get from the Switch laucher to playing around - and from then on it's not too bad. A few frame rate issues here and there, and some fiddly platforming at points, but overall very playable.

80k sales for Blaster Master is a very strong start.

I remember reading, in my youth, the words of power series of choose your own adventure books, based around popular Nintendo series of the time. My two favourites were wizards and warriors (remake, please) and blaster master. I'd never played either game, not owning a nes, but I always really enjoyed the blaster master story (which was, thinking back, absolutely terrible - boy's pet frog is taken, boy gives chase, ends up in the tank with a pretty alien named eve, ends up having to kill his now mutated pet frog which has turned evil). So, when I got my switch I told myself I'd buy blaster master zero, which I just have. I was delighted to see that the story starts with a frog going missing :lol:

11 hours ago, gizmo1990 said:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/05/blaster_master_zero_has_been_downloaded_80000_times_on_switch

It always surprises me what people think stuff should cost or how creative endeavors exist in today's world. Even updates/retcons/whatever like this, they take time, they take money, with an insane amount of gotchas/fuckups along the way. The general public have a complete lack of understanding about it and a total expectation now to get stuff for sod all.

The people who make stuff deserve to be paid a decent living wage. Yet we live in a era where people think creators have money thrown at them by ads or walk off with crates full of money after charging 99p for an iap, or get contracted out the some poor sod in China, so why should games cost.  Holy shit it's depressing. A game like Master Blaster is obv a one shot deal too, no additional revenue for them.

While I think there's certainly a case for the devaluation of games (see; Super Mario Run, a game that 100+ Million wanted but only 10% of people were prepared to pay slightly more than what they probably pay for their lunch), I don't think BMZ is the game to make that argument with.

I don't say this to be derogatory about it in any way, but I have almost no interest in BMZ. I think I can honestly say I wouldn't bother if it were 99p. We've been inundated with retro/neo-retro games for years now, I'm not old enough to remember or care about Blaster Master and I certainly didn't buy a Switch to play games that look like they came out on the NES. There's also loads out - I only have MK8 and Zelda and don't have time for much else, and the next game on the list of things to buy certainly isn't BMZ. So it strikes me as a very niche game.

And then on top of that there's the fact it's non-refundable and hasn't had a demo for the first two months.

And also, as a consumer I don't expect the masses to care about how long or hard people worked to make something, and I don't think it's a concern that is flung around (as though it should matter to the end consumer) in other industries as much as it is in gaming. The final product speaks for itself and either earns or doesn't earn its price point.

3 hours ago, Stanley said:

So we're assuming they're tweeting about it to expose how difficult it is to sell their game?  

The sales figures of BM0 were announced at an investors conference. If anything, Inti Creates showed they're satisfied with the sales. Because of this, they said they'll be bringing two more games to the Switch.

Other inti creates game sales:

azure striker gunvolt: 180.000 since launch in 2014.

gunvolt 2: 36.000 since launch in 2015.

BMZ took me about 7 hours and it was very... comfy to play. It doesn't require a lot of dexterity but there are one or two bits that raise the challenge to a nice degree. 

I wasn't expecting the Gunvolt DLC to be anything other than a palette swap but it does change the on-foot stuff fairly significantly too.

Basically more than 80,000 should have played it.

4 hours ago, Jonny5 said:

An update on my missing joy-cons:  "Parcelforce have been hit by this computer virus you've probably seen on the TV this weekend so I'm going to have to start from scratch, could you please describe the package so i can start a new track & trace?".

<_<

This is going to be the new standard excuse used by anyone who cocks up isn't it... 

On 2017-5-13 at 13:05, jimmbob said:

Lads! My carry case and screen protectors have arrived!

ORZLY?

YARLY!

IMG_8713.thumb.JPG.51e7fcb02276fbd9bfe48acca08532c7.JPG

Could do with a Switch now. :/

Guys.

Zelda BoTW has arrived! 

I still haven't got a switch so I've looked at the box and licked the cartridge. It tasted, not great.

Also the Pro Controller has shipped. I can only assume this will also arrive before the console. 

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

(plus I don't get why you'd want to...) 

The temptation was too much. It tasted like that stuff people put on their nails to stop them biting.

Anyway, I fear I may be hurting the resale value of this particular cart so will say no more!

So, in a rather annoying turn of events, I can't hook my switch up to the TV at center parcs. The reason? I have to use the AC adapter supplied with the console. Although a phone plug and USB c charger can charge it in handheld mode, it's not enough juice to power it through the doc. Balls. 

3 minutes ago, Chooch said:

Do Amazon not sell eshop credit anymore? I was given an £50 Amazon gift voucher and I'd like to just add a bunch of eshop credit. 

Not seen any on there ever. It's listed, but never been in stock.

Played an hour or so of Lego City. The load times are mostly gone! Longest one so far was maybe 30 seconds, and that was only once. All the others have been 5 or less.

The screen seems really dim though. Like you're wearing sunglasses. Certainly not happy blue skies like the Wii U version. Wonder why?

Just now, Chooch said:

Via Amazon Pay. 

I'd never heard of that. Surely it's like going into Tesco to pay for your Sainsburys shopping? How bizarre.