IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 20:50, the_debaser said:

I absolutely adore my Switch and can't wait to see what else Nintendo can do with it over the next few years.

It's just the best console with the greatest games designer, who happens to be on absolute fire at the moment. 

The problem with the Switch for me is lack of games. Or rather, that the switch is so utterly awesome it makes every other current gen console redundant and I want EVERY game to play on switch. I would happily sell my bone and ps4 in a heartbeat if all the major releases were on switch

33 minutes ago, sandman said:

Or rather, that the switch is so utterly awesome it makes every other current gen console redundant and I want EVERY game to play on switch.

This is a really, really stupid thing to think about as I should just enjoy what I have now, but I think about the next Nintendo console after Switch and how if it isn't essentially a Switch follow up how disappointing that's going to be. It's going to be "I wish I could play this on Switch" for the rest of my days. :(

On 5/20/2017 at 16:48, Shimmyhill said:

Who here is using a usb multi port charger with the switch? I got so caught up in reading about them that I never actually bought one....

I want one to take with us to France and wonder how well they will work charging lots of things inc a Switch. I assume I could just get a euro plug and they are multi voltage?

I use one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Syncwire-Interchangeable-Adaptor-Lifetime-Warranty-Bank-White/dp/B011KPRE1G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1495466128&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=usb+plug&psc=1

It has 2x 1A sockets (not enough for the Switch) and 2x2.4A = enough to maintain or charge depending how intensive the game is at the time.  I've had both mine, and my MILs Switch plugged in simultaneously with us both playing Zelda with no issues.  My Switch is never in the dock now, and I just plug it into this for an overnight charge.

Whilst playing, I plug in at around 30% and have never had it go dead on me.It also comes with a 2-pin adaptor (see the photos)

1 hour ago, Cool Ben said:

Any word on a Zelda and Switch bundle or is it too late for that now.  Looking to get one in June.  Will buy Zelda off someone if it's cheap.

There's one on Nintendo's website. Comes with a T-shirt too if you want to drown in female attention.

2 hours ago, the_debaser said:

I've just ordered my brother a switch plus MK8 and Zelda for his birthday. He's a lapsed gamer so I think this might be the machine to draw him back in. 

Gah! Now I regret being an only child.

I was at Nordic Game last week and I made the pre-release trailers a reality. Bunch of cool looking people (video game developers) enjoying drinks and networking on a rooftop bar, few of us get around to talking about the Switch and some people happened to have them with them, which lead to an impromptu Mario Kart session.

The best console.

Finally decided to get the Switch yesterday and I must admit I should've gotten it on release. It's lovely. I'm rather impressed with the OS. While incredibly basic, it does exactly what I'd expect it to do but it's so snappy and smooth. Even videos start streaming immediately when playing trailers in the eShop, something I've never seen on my PS4.

The only negative (to me) that I've registered so far is the weak and tinny sound from the tablet speakers, even my phone sounds better but it's a minor complaint as I'm going to use it with a headset most of the time anyways. 

I'm currently on a business travel and for the first time in ages I'm actually looking forward to my stay at whatever hotel I'm staying at tonight as I've brought the Switch with Zelda and Mario Kart. No more spending a fortune getting plastered in a random hotel bar, now I can save money while exploring Hyrule!

I was thinking yesterday, I bet Fallout would be ace on the Switch. Any plans for it to be ported? I know they're doing Skyrim, but I thought the way the Switch works would lend itself to the Pipboy stuff, and the house building bollocks they shoehorned into 4.