Nintendo Switch

deKay

1 hour ago, Coolcongo said:

what sort of game is Fire emblem Warriors never played any of the warriors games, is it just a hack and slash 

It's Hyrule Warriors only Fire Emblem instead of Zelda. HTH.

Got my Switch back from repair. Well, a new Switch. After four weeks. With no saves transferred. Goodbye 90+ hours of Zelda & 15+ hours of Mario Kart.

I'd be lying if I denied there's a large part of me that is tempted to sell the thing and re-buy when Nintendo can offer a product that allows you to save games properly, like you could decades ago.

Is there an easy way to access the screenshots I'm taking on my switch without linking to Facebook? 

Because the Facebook link just keeps failing. I've got a Facebook page that says I need to re enter my password but it fails every time. 

Is it possible to just use USB? 

6 minutes ago, dood said:

Is there an easy way to access the screenshots I'm taking on my switch without linking to Facebook? 

Because the Facebook link just keeps failing. I've got a Facebook page that says I need to re enter my password but it fails every time. 

Only twatter and fakebook are available at this time. Please understand. 

41 minutes ago, Bushtopher said:

You can copy them to the micro SD card (if you have one) can't you?

Yep. But you have to turn the Switch off to remove and insert it for some reason.

1 hour ago, dood said:

Teitter upload works fine, if you don't want to use your regular account just make a new one, upload to it and then you can go to that link to get your screenshots.

I think I'm hitting the wall a bit.

I'm getting a shave irked about the lack of back-up save, I want to buy with real money some old games (it's been ages since I played Super Punch Out), I'd like to see some more indy stuff.

At 160+ hours of Zelda I can't really complain, but it could be so much more.

2 hours ago, sir shrew said:

Thr Switch is the best thing ever but I'm still worried about build-quality. My right joycon now clicks backwards and forwards ever so slightly - as there are no grips in handheld mode like a normal controller so I guess the palm of my hand is always extering a force on the machine to grip and over time that has maybe cause the joycon connector to be less stable. (And I checked to make sure it was fully slotted in this time).

Also the thumb sticks seem less smooth now, getting some plastic-on-plastic clicking/resistance.

Even if it did completely knacker in handheld mode I could just switch to pro or dual-joycons.

Or presumably buy new joycons if the fault is with them and not the tablet itself. Still... it'd be nice not to have this anxiety about what is otherwise superb hardware.

It's a legitimate concern. I mean, if it's just the Joy-Cons, there's less to worry about but, for reference, not only did my Switch's backplate start cracking (which, if not an issue that afflicts the majority of Switches, is certainly a known issue, as myriad online threads with fractures forming in the same places attest) but my left Joy-Con had both the signal issue, and a left stick that suddenly seized up and lost the ability to click down.

I know early gaming hardware is frequently rife with issues, but - speaking purely from personal experience - it went south faster than anything else I've owned. Even that I lived with until Nintendo's inability to include a proper save system kicked me in the teeth. 

13 hours ago, Coolcongo said:

what sort of game is Fire emblem Warriors never played any of the warriors games, is it just a hack and slash 

Not exactly - as the FE version isn't out yet the balance isn't clear, but the Musou games are always a combination of simple hack and slash vs hordes of enenies, light battlefield tactics (in terms of ensuring you're in the right places to turn the tide, as opposed to issuing orders, generally), and grinding characters/collecting weapons/unlocking stuff. 

Personally, I favour those that emphasise the tactical side, whether through a focus on challenging, dynamic maps, or gimmicks like Dragon Quest Heroes' monsters-as-tower-defence mechanic, but Hyrule Warriors went in the opposite direction - beefed up combat mechanics and shitloads of unlocks - and to be fair it worked out pretty well. Won't be surprised if FE Warriors follows the same design. 

57 minutes ago, Rain Birds said:

Its a legitimate concern. I mean, if it's just the Joy-Cons, there's less to worry about but, for reference, not only did my Switch's backplate start cracking (which, if not an issue that afflicts the majority of Switches, is certainly a known issue, as myriad online threads with fractures forming in the same places attest) but my left Joy-Con had both the signal issue, and a left stick that suddenly seized up and lost the ability to click down.

I know early gaming hardware is frequently rife with issues, but - speaking purely from personal experience - it went south faster than anything else I've owned. Even that I lived with until Nintendo's inability to include a proper save system kicked me in the teeth. 

FWIW, I've found the Switch hardware's build quality to be shockingly poor for a Nintendo system. It's really in urgent need of a hardware revision.

4 minutes ago, JohnnyNolan said:

The inability to back up saves is what is stopping me from buying one. The saves being locked to the hardware is a horrific design decision.

Its stopping me buying at least another one and potentially two for the kids as they both have saves on my machine for MK8 and more importantly Zelda - they really need to let you cloud save or at least transfer saves to SD card/other machines ASAP.

On 6/16/2017 at 09:45, Broker said:

Has anywhere got a good breakdown of how the (non-waggle) controls work in ARMS?

Despite what any review says you might want to go back to 'waggle' eventually, at least that's how I feel after watching Mr. Yabuki clean house at E3. I'm certainly of the opinion that not being able to curve punches is going to impact game play at some point, especially once people start to learn the game.

29 minutes ago, JohnnyNolan said:

The inability to back up saves is what is stopping me from buying one. The saves being locked to the hardware is a horrific design decision.

Its shit. 

But you need one one if you want to play portable zelda, MK8, ultra SF2, arms and Splatoon. It's just the best console. The best. 

Hopefully they'll update the firmware to allow cloud saves or backups to sd. 

The software lineup has it on my radar, but I'm happy to wait until that particular issue is resolved.

I've had a few hardware issues with modern consoles and the risk of losing save data makes it a no go for me. Plus reports in here of the customer service provided by Nintendo with faulty units aren't helping that cause.

Hopefully they'll provide a firmware update at some point that allows backing up of saves.

Am I the only one who watched that trailer and screams "SONIC ADVENTURE NOOOOO" over and over in their head?

I'm sure Nintendo know what they're doing. 

Then again, Mario VS Rabbids, anyone? :wacko:

7 minutes ago, Popo said:

Am I the only one who watched that trailer and screams "SONIC ADVENTURE NOOOOO" over and over in their head?

Does the trailer show parts of the other levels as all in the Treehouse presentation though? I'm not a big fan of the look of the New Donk City, but that's just one area. Mexican Mario and the 2D to 3D transitions for instance looks fantastic.

53 minutes ago, Popo said:

Telling you... I'll bet BAITH BAWS that a full in game 3D version of Donkey Kong features in Odyssey like in the film Pixels... Pauline gets kidnapped by an angry DK... Mario makes him good again by posessing him with Cappy and goes to take on Bowser.  

The big 3D Mario games have always had amazing and over the top finales..  

16 minutes ago, TheArtistGlyph said:

I've had no issues with my Switch, and I can't wait to get ARMS tomorrow...then Splatoon...then Mario + Rabbids....then Pokken Tournament DX...Super Mario Odyssey....I'm going to be broke soon....

There's loads of interesting indie games and the like in amongst those too.