Nintendo Switch

deKay

5 minutes ago, dood said:

I get an annoying bit of controller weirdness when I play in the living room, sat maybe 3 meters from the switch dock, using the joycons.  Hard to explain fully, but it's like the analog stick input gets 'stuck' sometimes, so e.g. Link continues to run in a specific direction in Zelda, even though I've stopped moving or am now pressing a different direction.  

Anyone else seen a similar thing?  Is it just range?   

That's the common controller desync issue. Does the controller stop working if you hold behind your back?

Nintendo can repair with a piece of foam, usually takes a week or so.

12 minutes ago, dood said:

I get an annoying bit of controller weirdness when I play in the living room, sat maybe 3 meters from the switch dock, using the joycons.  Hard to explain fully, but it's like the analog stick input gets 'stuck' sometimes, so e.g. Link continues to run in a specific direction in Zelda, even though I've stopped moving or am now pressing a different direction.  

That's the 'left joy-con issue' - something is interfering with the joy-con signal and it's disconnecting. If you get it a lot, or just if you want to totally fix it, you can send it back to Nintendo for repair (they insert a small piece of conductive foam on the antenna).

I sent mine back, not had the issue at all since - I'd recommend getting it done.

8 minutes ago, dood said:

Oh and re imports / region-free - I know carts are region free, but what about download codes?  I presume their tied to a store, so is it possible to redeem codes from other regions?

You can just setup multiple user profiles for different regions and then access the region-specific stores to redeem the codes. It's dead simple.

Arrange a repair through the Nintendo website, you don't have to phone up to arrange it anymore, they'll just email you a shipping label shortly afterwards. It's an extremely common issue.

Has anyone else bought Kamiko for the Switch?

It's only £4.49 and I think the best way I could describe it as being "imagine a good 1980s budget Mastertronic title that was ripping off the NES Legend of Zelda, but only focused on the action bits" 

That might sound a bit negative, but it's pretty good. There's very little depth to it, but in a way I miss those budget games you got in the 80s that cost a few quid but gave you short and sweet gameplay (that you could still go back to and have fun with it). 

I believe it's actually a Japanese developed game and for £4.49 it's definitely worth it (according to Measuring Worth, £1.99 in 1985 is now worth around £4.74, so it's even less than a Mastertronic game!) 

I really hope we get more of these types of games on the Switch!

26 minutes ago, moora said:

It's only £4.49 and I think the best way I could describe it as being "imagine a good 1980s budget Mastertronic title that was ripping off the NES Legend of Zelda, but only focused on the action bits" 

That might sound a bit negative, but it's pretty good. There's very little depth to it, but in a way I miss those budget games you got in the 80s that cost a few quid but gave you short and sweet gameplay (that you could still go back to and have fun with it). 

I believe it's actually a Japanese developed game and for £4.49 it's definitely worth it (according to Measuring Worth, £1.99 in 1985 is now worth around £4.74, so it's even less than a Mastertronic game!) 

I really hope we get more of these types of games on the Switch!

Yes, seconded! I love the music especially. 

Shame I need to send my joycons off to be fixed, I can't really bear the thought of being without it at the moment. I'll time it before holidays this summer. 

Doubly annoying as I thought by now that issue would have been resolved in manufacturing.. I only got it a couple of weeks ago! 

I'm going to buy a second pair of joy cons next weekend (with Arms and a second dock - it's going to be expensive!) and then send our original leftie back for repair, so we still have one pair to be going on with. That'll be two pairs of joy cons and two pro controllers in our house, this bloody thing is costing me a fortune :)

1 hour ago, moora said:

I actually bought this earlier today without checking reviews, which I never really do, so relieved to hear you enjoyed it! Will get it started tonight.

For people after Cave Story physical i just ordered from Amazon US for £23.33 delivered and here's how.....

Step 1] Log into Amazon.com with your UK account.
Step 2] Sign up for the Amazon Prime 30-day free trial.
Step 3] Go to "Account" and cancel it, so you don't forget.
Step 4] Add the game to your basket.
Step 5] Select the cheapest delivery option [9-14 days, tracked].
Step 5] Pay with your card of choice [but beware some cards charge foreign transaction fees].
Step 6] Sit back, relax and know you got a great deal.

I found the instructions on Hot UK deals and it works.

I hope it gets released here too but at that price it's worth it.

Puyo Puyo Tetris for Nintendo Switch is on sale for £24.95 for the next 8 hours or until stock lasts. Never ordered from here before but the price is good.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/puyo-puyo-tetris-switch/?tduid=2e33880b4c3ef3380976fedb62cc80b8

If you buy through Top Cash Back today you will get an extra £5 back as the're giving £5 for a £20 spend until midnight!

Tetris for £20ish, sounds more tempting doesn't it?

2 hours ago, dood said:

Shame I need to send my joycons off to be fixed, I can't really bear the thought of being without it at the moment. I'll time it before holidays this summer. 

Doubly annoying as I thought by now that issue would have been resolved in manufacturing.. I only got it a couple of weeks ago! 

Hat is a shame and suggests new stock isn't this corrected manufacturing issue they said had been resolved.. unless it was old stock I guess.

Buy a pro pad and a spare set of joycon to tide you over ;)

42 minutes ago, ca18s13 said:

Puyo Puyo Tetris for Nintendo Switch is on sale for £24.95 for the next 8 hours or until stock lasts. Never ordered from here before but the price is good.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/puyo-puyo-tetris-switch/?tduid=2e33880b4c3ef3380976fedb62cc80b8

If you buy through Top Cash Back today you will get an extra £5 back as the're giving £5 for a £20 spend until midnight!

Tetris for £20ish, sounds more tempting doesn't it?

I have used them loads and legit and good all round!

I've just been having a brief read through the thread as I'm thinking of getting a Switch to sate my Mario Kart addiction. How do I avoid this hooky Joycon problem that I see mentioned (which I'm not sure what the issue is)? Should I be thinking about buying one now or wait for a bit - or would it make no difference?

55 minutes ago, ZOK said:

I've just been having a brief read through the thread as I'm thinking of getting a Switch to sate my Mario Kart addiction. How do I avoid this hooky Joycon problem that I see mentioned (which I'm not sure what the issue is)? Should I be thinking about buying one now or wait for a bit - or would it make no difference?

If you buy a new Switch now (assuming you can find one unfortunately!) you should get a unit which isn't affected by the joycon transmitter problem. Nintendo has been placing foam to fix the issue. It's not a guarantee but seeing as tho most units are selling out as stocks arrive, it's fair to assume that any units available now will be of the new variety. Hopefully!

Been looking for in stock Switches and even 2nd hand for my daughter who is off to China on an internship next week.

Had resigned to the idea of not being able to surprise her with one for her trip, then found Shopto had stock!!!

Delivering Monday. :)

Ordered a good case that'll fit the charger too, Zelda also and will stick MK8 digitally on it too as she loves MK.

She's going to pop when I give it to her. :omg:

My Switch has crashed! I tried using the power button and have tried both restart and power off... in both cases the screen goes black, pressing the power button again does nothing and pressing the home button brings it back to the crashed state. Anyone come across this?

7 minutes ago, Popo said:

My Switch has crashed! I tried using the power button and have tried both restart and power off... in both cases the screen goes black, pressing the power button again does nothing and pressing the home button brings it back to the crashed state. Anyone come across this?

Mine has crashed twice since the last update :o Both times have been from sleep mode where it just seems to crash onto a black screen and even tho you can get the side menu up you can't do anything.

Also, had it switch the device while on PS4 yesterday :(

I had something similar earlier. I could change volume but everything else was a black screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 hours ago, gizmo1990 said:

If you buy a new Switch now (assuming you can find one unfortunately!) you should get a unit which isn't affected by the joycon transmitter problem. Nintendo has been placing foam to fix the issue. It's not a guarantee but seeing as tho most units are selling out as stocks arrive, it's fair to assume that any units available now will be of the new variety. Hopefully!

Okay thanks. I'm not in any desperate hurry so I'll just keep my eye out and see if I spot one in the wild when the mood is gripping me!