IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

1 hour ago, parkinho said:

Have you tried holding the sync button on the Joy-Con itself? My right Joy-Con appeared to die a couple of weeks ago and wouldn't respond when being charged or attached to the Switch itself, but thankfully came back to life after holding the sync button for a few seconds.

Yeah, it's not responding to anything. I have had it lose sync a couple of times before but this seems to be a different issue.

So, I went to an EB games over here in Canada earlier. The switch section of games was awful. Even worse than you get in Game. They had about 5 games in stock and worst of all no Binding of Issac. Their pre-order display was twice as big.  They did have a nice selection of screen protectors. 

In the end I picked up Cave Story for about £1 less than Amazon U.K.  

22 hours ago, Coolcongo said:

was going to speak to Nintendo live chat but  get this message lol 
Thanks for visiting AskMii. Unfortunately AskMii is currently unavailable. We can be contacted by phone on +44 (0)345 60 50 247. Our hours of operation are Mon – Fri, 08.30-19.00 and Sat, 08.30-15.30. Alternatively please contact us via email customer-support@nintendo.co.uk. Many thanks.

lol sent them email

They’ll give a stock response telling you to send it in.

Then they’ll keep it for a month before sending out an email stating, but not apologising for, that they were “unable” to transfer the data (despite the fact that the fault - due solely to Nintendo's risible quality control - is with the console's housing and doesn’t stop it from functioning) at which point you’ll receive a brand new Switch with a brand new serial number, at which point you'll realise that repair was never even attempted.

6 hours ago, clippa said:

This is surprising

The switch pro pad is laggier when wired.

Isn't it just working wirelessly even when wired though? On a Switch, anyway - I know it doesn't on a PC.

Couple of questions:

Can i use any old usb charger with a usb c lead to charge the switch, and the same for in the car, with a usb cigarette adaptor?

Also, has anyone tried one of those replacement docks on eBay where you add the motherboard from the dock to it? Quite tempted.

14 minutes ago, Pavey said:

Couple of questions:

Can i use any old usb charger with a usb c lead to charge the switch, and the same for in the car, with a usb cigarette adaptor?

Also, has anyone tried one of those replacement docks on eBay where you add the motherboard from the dock to it? Quite tempted.

No. I'm pretty sure it needs 15v/2.6a to charge. It doesn't work on the charger sockets you get on planes or trains (I've tried). iPad charger works but slowly. 

9 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Can anyone recommend a power pack? @clumpyjamie's bombshell about plane ports not charging the Switch has changed how I'm looking at my 9 hour plane ride to Vancouver. 

I have this one and charge the switch with it - had a phone and switch charging on the train!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00VJSGT2A/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502529530&sr=8-1-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=anker+power+bank&psc=1

On 11/08/2017 at 08:23, Coolcongo said:

My switch has a crack on the left side from the power button half way down. Never dropped it and I look after it no idea where it came from. Is there a way to send it for repair and not lose my saves 

I have the same. Contacted Nintendo and they were unable to guarantee a transfer, so I decided against sending it in. I still don't understand why cloud saves or SD card backups aren't possible. 

Please understand. 

4 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

I have the same. Contacted Nintendo and they were unable to guarantee a transfer, so I decided against sending it in. I still don't understand why cloud saves or SD card backups aren't possible. 

Please understand. 

The original NX design document stated that it was intended to have save transfers at some point in the future... when that gets implemented, I don't know...

"In the future, we plan to provide a feature to transfer account save data among multiple consoles. As a result, there is the possibility that user accounts with uninitialized account save data will be added. Note that your design must work without issue, even in this case."

So, I went to an EB games over here in Canada earlier. The switch section of games was awful. Even worse than you get in Game. They had about 5 games in stock and worst of all no Binding of Issac. Their pre-order display was twice as big.  They did have a nice selection of screen protectors. 

In the end I picked up Cave Story for about £1 less than Amazon U.K.  

Was that a glitch price or did you have vouchers etc?

3 hours ago, Jimmyzilla said:

That's just exactly the same as the new MacBook ones, will be interesting to see how it goes as I need to buy one for my Mac anyway....

Rayman Legends demo on the shop now.

Me and Mrs 100%'d this back on 360, really tempted to go again, my proudest gaming moment, game was solid.  Hopefully we can finish Overcooked by then but that's getting really tricky too

Help!

my switch has stopped displaying on tv when docked.  It charges fine. But, no hdmi output. I've tried two different HDMI leads, but that didn't help. 90% of my switching is mobile but occasionally I do like to play on the big tv.

I have been on holiday for last 3 weeks, so my switch hasn't been docked in that time

9 minutes ago, Jimmyzilla said:

No idea!  Let me know when they get back to you.

I got a response:

Hi

Thanks for interesting Melopow products.

M001 can use on Nintendo Switch (1080p display) & macbook (type C) 4K display

M002 can use on

It ends there. Looks like M001 is the one to get.