Jump to content

Nintendo Switch


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Chooch said:

I’ve been keeping an eye out for this too but there’s been nothing. Seems like reviews have been embargoed until release. Which is worrying seeing as the other versions are out and reviewed before hand. 

 

Im still buying it though. 

yep, I am still buying it, portable Fifa should be awesome I can live without story mode.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I spoke to the guy who owns the PlayStation Centre store in Old Hill today and he was told by his supplier that there is an apparent lack of Fifa stock for the Switch, he's been unable to get any copies of it. Might explain why it's currently unavailable on Amazon and not available for pre order from Game. 

 

Intact i can't see it on Games website at all. Hmmm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Coolcongo said:

is there any new footage or impressions of Fifa on the switch.

 

I played it at EGX and it plays a decent game of footy, but...

 

Played 2 player in off screen mode was a bit of a pain as it just seemed too small for my old eyes and using the single joy-con limits (I think) some of the moves; there wasn't really much time to experiment.

 

These issues probably disappear in full screen mode with Pro/Dog controller though.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BabelRich said:

 

I played it at EGX and it plays a decent game of footy, but...

 

Played 2 player in off screen mode was a bit of a pain as it just seemed too small for my old eyes and using the single joy-con limits (I think) some of the moves; there wasn't really much time to experiment.

 

These issues probably disappear in full screen mode with Pro/Dog controller though.

 

what was it like playing it single player in handheld was the ball easy to see.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what the issue is with Fifa not being available for review yet? Nor it being available to preorder on Amazon etc too? Very odd.

 

I can't see what the thinking is behind not sending review code out. Every preview so far has commented on how good a job the devs have done with it, so why hold it back?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Completed SteamWorld Dig 2. Well, the main story. Took me many attempts to do the final boss.

 

I'll try and finish off the challenge rooms and find the collectibles later. I don't tend to bother doing that but quite happy to stay in SteamWorld. I've only found 33% of the secrets.

 

Took me 10 hours, I don't tend to rush through games.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MidWalian said:

Completed SteamWorld Dig 2. Well, the main story. Took me many attempts to do the final boss.

 

But the boss is easy and you're given health refills every five seconds and...

 

 

4 minutes ago, MidWalian said:

I'll try and finish off the challenge rooms and find the collectibles later. I don't tend to bother doing that but quite happy to stay in SteamWorld. I've only found 33% of the secrets.

 

 

Ah right. So you've not unlocked most of the upgrades then :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, deKay said:

 

But the boss is easy and you're given health refills every five seconds and...

 

 

 

Ah right. So you've not unlocked most of the upgrades then :) 

 

Is it possible to unlock all the upgrades? I'm not sure if there will be enough cogs.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck sake. Spent more than two hours trying to do a single jump on SteamWorld Dig 2. Finally looked up a video to see if I'm doing it right, and it turns out I can't jump high enough! For some reason other people can! Gah!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, deKay said:

Fuck sake. Spent more than two hours trying to do a single jump on SteamWorld Dig 2. Finally looked up a video to see if I'm doing it right, and it turns out I can't jump high enough! For some reason other people can! Gah!

 

No idea where you are talking about. Hold jump button for longer? Thought some upgrades would help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, deKay said:

Fuck sake. Spent more than two hours trying to do a single jump on SteamWorld Dig 2. Finally looked up a video to see if I'm doing it right, and it turns out I can't jump high enough! For some reason other people can! Gah!

STOP BUYING EVERYTHING FROM THE DEVIL!

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, MidWalian said:

 

No idea where you are talking about. Hold jump button for longer? Thought some upgrades would help.

 

I have all the upgrades. The trials section turns some of them off. I literally cannot jump as high as the video shows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coolcongo said:

what was it like playing it single player in handheld was the ball easy to see.

 

Didn't get to play single player just VS can't imagine it being any easier to see. I do have shitty old eyes though so that could be a contributing factor. Also having to stoop to get level with the screen didn't help with the comfort level.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Random, niche Q: has anyone played their Switch on a long haul flight, and if you had a power socket available, was it sufficient to charge the Switch? Got two 15 hour flights coming up and wondering if it’s worth packing...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, glb said:

Random, niche Q: has anyone played their Switch on a long haul flight, and if you had a power socket available, was it sufficient to charge the Switch? Got two 15 hour flights coming up and wondering if it’s worth packing...

 

Really depends how long you'd expect to play it, best pick up a usb battery pack if you expect to play it longer than 3 hours.

 

I've got one of these but its probably a bit overkill.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.