Nintendo Switch

2 hours ago, the_debaser said:

eShop is now undergoing maintenance on the busiest day of the year. Never change, Nintendo. 

Because it's been hammered. Same as every other online service every Christmas while everyone updates their new consoles and games.

Aye, I've really been enjoying it today. Need to buy/try some other weapons but having fun just running around with the big roller. Got a couple Splatoon Amiibo as presents today too so need to see if they unlock anything interesting.

Also got £15 eshop credit so that's Rocket League or Stardew Valley bought when the shop is back up. 

4 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Aye, I've really been enjoying it today. Need to buy/try some other weapons but having fun just running around with the big roller. Got a couple Splatoon Amiibo as presents today too so need to see if they unlock anything interesting.

Also got £15 eshop credit so that's Rocket League or Stardew Valley bought when the shop is back up. 

eshop working fine for me now so fill your boots :)

Anyone taken the plunge on tiny metal?

I've got my steam secret Santa gifts waiting on the pc at home but while bored and a bit drunk on Christmas, I'm tempted to get it but I'm not sure if I like the look of the art style over more traditional advance wars ish like war groove.

Worth 20 quid anybody?

I bought Tiny Metal in a moment of xmas eve weakness, even hitting ffwd the story and text just goes on for ages, all the usual made up Japanese drivel which you'll either love or have grown out of many years ago (take your pick).

Core game is a very very very strong ripoff homage to Advance Wars in a shiny new pair of pants, I did a couple of levels but not enough to judge it or a form a view. Also both levels have that visibility/fog of war thing going on whereby you can't see the map and units until your push your own up and possibly get ambushed. This may not last past first couple of levels but been on both so far.

My initial early view is I found it a bit irritating.

8 minutes ago, Crhis said:

Might be a bit late now but you should be able to transfer the data between SD cards without redownloading if you have enough space to use as a holding area on your PC.

that didn't work for me, the card was deemed unreadable by the switch.

I'm currently trying a simpler method, took my old card out and stuck a 200gb card in the switch, formatted it from the menu and all my game tiles show as needing a download, re-download the game and cos your actual game saves are stored on the machine it seems fine - I tried with Rocket League and everything there as a i left it, sat my switch back in its dock with an ethernet plugged in to re-download the rest.

No need to archive or anything, not super efficient and will take a while but seems to work cleanly, will confirm once everything come down that its ok but suspect it will be, and worth the one off hit to get a 200gb in the machine.

As comparison I have all the big games on the console and the total amount to download is roughly the same as the day one patch on Forza 7.

Tiny metal is good fun, I've put in around 20 hours so far but be warned,

-Every level is fog of war, main story is gubbins and not as long as advance wars, 

-There are around 60 skirmish levels (like advance wars single map challenges) which are good.

-No naval units in the game whatsoever but the units in it work well.

I ended up buying Skyrim for the Switch making it the third time I’ve bought the game. I’m away for a new job 3-4 days a week until we sell our house so I thought portable Skyrim fun might Travelodge life more bearable. 

Managed to at least get it slightly cheaper from the SA store. 

Just now, oli said:

I ended up buying Skyrim for the Switch making it the third time I’ve bought the game. I’m away for a new job 3-4 days a week until we sell our house so I thought portable Skyrim fun might Travelodge life more bearable. 

Managed to at least get it slightly cheaper from the SA store. 

a-ha

you could always dress up as a zombie using a shower mat if the game gets boring. 

I've ended up with a Switch from nowhere, in probably one of the greatest gifting moments ever, seriously I had no idea. It was secret santa like and he made me jump through hoops and do puzzles to unlock padlocks on it!

Yes I have video, still deciding on whether to unleash it to the internet.

Anyway, is there any consensus on the best case/ screen protector combo? And is it still the done thing to line the inside of the cradle?

Cheers folks x