Nintendo Switch

44 minutes ago, xtremeboat said:

New Switch owner as of December here, torn between grabbing MK8 and Splatoon2 to see me through a week at the parents, and can’t decide. Haven’t played either game. Full price on the eshop unfortunately, but not much difference from Amazon. So far I’ve got Mario Odyssey, Zelda BoTW and Rocket League. Thoughts?

Surprised you need another game yet, but out of those two I’d say it depends if you want local multiplayer and/or portable play rather than online. Splatoon 2 is an *excellent* game, my favourite of the two, but the single player is a bit limited and the controls are a bit awkward playing on the move. But it is flipping amazing. 

Mario Kart is... Mario Kart. One of the better ones too. You can’t go wrong with either IMO

So as well as these 4 Switch games, I've ended up with £80 of eShop credit too.

Bought Blaster Master Zero (which I've wanted for a while), and Gorogoa.

Anything else anyone can suggest? If it isn't on offer now I can wait until it is.

Thanks to everyone who recommended Steamworld Dig 2. Bought it tonight and so far, I'm really enjoying it. Looks lovely on both Switch and the TV. 

I want Axiom Verge as well but it's been on my to play list since it released on PS4 in early 2015, so I'm in no rush. I'll wait for a sale. 

3 hours ago, spanx said:

Mario Kart is... Mario Kart. One of the better ones too. You can’t go wrong with either IMO

One of the better ones?!?! 

It makes all other Mario Karts redundant, other than as objects of pure nostalgia.

I still think it is the best looking game of them all, too. I mean, I know it isn’t technically, or maybe art direction-wise, even though that side of things is undoubtedly top notch. I just mean it looks like it’s made out of sweeties and playdoh and neon and sparkle dream dust. It’s glorious, and it all pelts by smoother than butter. I fucking love Mario Kart 8. Some days it’s in the Top 3.

1 hour ago, deKay said:

So as well as these 4 Switch games, I've ended up with £80 of eShop credit too.

Bought Blaster Master Zero (which I've wanted for a while), and Gorogoa.

Anything else anyone can suggest? If it isn't on offer now I can wait until it is.

When Golf Story goes on sale/I actually finish some of my games, I'll be jumping on that.

Also, do you have Wonder Boy and Picross?

Xmas has been good.

Got Mario+rabbids, MK8.

Add to me owning Zelda,Odyssey and splatoon 2 so am sorted for a long time.

I am 50 next year , married with 2 children . The switch has suited me so much . Grabbing an hour or so each night as the wife has her stuff on. My son has poached my PS4 and its not really bothered me at all.

Waiting for Prime 4 and see what virtual console brings to the switch.

12 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

I want Axiom Verge as well but it's been on my to play list since it released on PS4 in early 2015, so I'm in no rush. I'll wait for a sale. 

If you’ve got and XB1 then it’s on sale there at the moment with it down to £8. Grabbed it myself yesterday and I’m

liking it :)

Damn, I thought my Switch had died on me this morning. Waking it up with the Home button only got me a black screen and the only menus I could get into was sleep mode/power options but nothing happened when I tried to power down or restart. Finally got it working after holding down the power button for 15+ seconds and after that pressing the power button 3 times. Phew! I think it's not happy because I have only been using it very sparingly?

2 hours ago, womble9 said:

If you’ve got and XB1 then it’s on sale there at the moment with it down to £8. Grabbed it myself yesterday and I’m

liking it :)

Thanks. It’s  been that price on PS4 a few tones, I think, but it seems like a perfect fit for Switch and I’m not in any rush to play it so am happy to wait. Steamworld Dig 2 is a great substitute in the meantime.