IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

deKay

47 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Oh videogames. The only industry where you can't get refunds for a product. *slow clap*

Pretty sure they aren't the only industry. Legally if you enter into a contract, you are stuck with it by law for most products unless it is faulty, unless the other person allows you to cancel it at their choosing.

49 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

Microsoft allow it, but I think they're the only console platform holder who does. 

Pretty crap that there isn't a short cooling off period everywhere. 

So does Sony if you manage to convince them you bought a cop pack by accident because your controller was controlling both your PS3 and PS4 at the same time.

1 hour ago, VN1X said:

Oh videogames. The only industry where you can't get refunds for a product. *slow clap*

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that when you purchase something from the eshop it downloads automatically without you asking the system to do so. If so, you may be entitled to a 14-day cooling off period as you did not request the software be downloaded:

Retailers mustn’t supply digital content, such as music or software downloads, within the 14 day cancellation period, unless the consumer has given their express consent to this happening.

The consumer must also acknowledge that once the download starts they will lose their right to cancel.

If a consumer doesn’t give their consent, they have to wait until the cancellation period has ended before they can download the digital content.

This is to ensure the digital content is what you want before downloading it.

Source: https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations

That said, I expect that a disclaimer to this effect is in the small print.

It seems weird that in this day and age, when videogame systems are able to give a breakdown of how long software was used for and when, most console-based download stores can not implement a system which will allow you to claim a refund if you have (for example) played the game for less than an hour and owned it for less than a week. If Sony and Nintendo are so keen on getting us downloading games then there should be something in the customer's favour in doing so on terms of consumer rights.

The option to not download it after paying for it unless you agree to it seems the same basic mechanism as physical media refunds for shrinkwrapped product. If you change your mind/bought the wrong one then they'll give you a refund, if you've used it, then nope. Seems fair enough.

Stacking the deck in the customer's favour seems a tad optimistic, they might aswell just enable a soft time lock on all software at that point and turn them into some form of 1 hour trial with paid unlock, I wonder if that would improve or make worse software sales.

Anyone else had problems with Golf Story being a glitchy piece of crap? I’ve had to retry a mission with some zombies a couple of times as it didn’t recognise a hit, and now I’m stuck on Cheekybeak Peak trying to return coloured eggs to birds. It just will not recognise me getting one of the colours in the relevant zone. So now I’m stuck and seemingly can’t restart the mission. 

6 hours ago, deKay said:

So does Sony if you manage to convince them you bought a cop pack by accident because your controller was controlling both your PS3 and PS4 at the same time.

I did actually get a refund out of them in late 2016.  I can’t remember the specifics but it involved FFXIV and I bought a version that was much poorer value than another, it wasn’t clear in their descriptions what was in each one.

It was more effort than a refund I got from Microsoft.  Sony took days, Microsoft minutes.

Flipped all my remaining Wii U games at CEX today - I was going to eBay them, but the eBay prices are dropping ever closer to the CEX voucher-trade-in price, particularly for those with Switch remakes announced.

They literally only had three used Switch games available! Seems they can't keep them in stock. Plenty on the website though - I think I'm going to pick up ARMS, but can't decide if I should get Mario Odyssey (their price is a long way above eBay rates, and I'm prepared to wait), or be crazy decadent and get a Neon Yellow right joy-con to replace my Neon red one (weak colour, too close to the pink).

What with downloads being ever more popular, and the cartridges themselves being tiny the Switch game boxes are pretty redundant 

BUT MY GOSH aren’t  they good looking!

the Mario Kart 8DX one especially  is a thing of pure beauty and joy

1 hour ago, Junker said:

What with downloads being ever more popular, and the cartridges themselves being tiny the Switch game boxes are pretty redundant 

BUT MY GOSH aren’t  they good looking!

the Mario Kart 8DX one especially  is a thing of pure beauty and joy

MK8D, Arms, and Splatoon 2 are the three best box arts I've seen in years. Pure eye-candy. 

I hope so too. I have some amazon credit burning a hole, with 6 quid promo credit expiring in March. Want to get it down on a preorder before I start adulting for the year and buy LED light bulbs or something!

I finally managed Arms level 4, which is the one that unlocks online etc. I think.

I don't play fighting games so I'm perhaps at a disadvantage, but I found it hard. What a great looking game though!

Had a little bit of time with Mario + Rabbids yesterday and I am very impressed. I suck at X-Com games outside of the combat stuff, because I get overwhelmed, but this does a great job of making it accessible. Even the combat itself feels easier to read and understand than in earlier titles in the genre. 

It's far from easy, but I haven't yet felt like I can't get through if I take another approach. 

14 hours ago, Alexlotl said:

Flipped all my remaining Wii U games at CEX today - I was going to eBay them, but the eBay prices are dropping ever closer to the CEX voucher-trade-in price, particularly for those with Switch remakes announced.

They literally only had three used Switch games available! Seems they can't keep them in stock. Plenty on the website though - I think I'm going to pick up ARMS, but can't decide if I should get Mario Odyssey (their price is a long way above eBay rates, and I'm prepared to wait), or be crazy decadent and get a Neon Yellow right joy-con to replace my Neon red one (weak colour, too close to the pink).

Can you use CEX credit notes online, then?

47 minutes ago, clippa said:

God, no. Low effort mobage with shitty controls.

I see the steam profile in your sig, I'm addicted to this at the minute, get this instead, it's effing brilliant! - http://store.steampowered.com/app/207400/eXceed_3rd__Jade_Penetrate_Black_Package/

Ignore the crappy video on the store page, it does a really bad job of selling the game. Watch some random guy play instead - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z_IDTDquGY

What the actual fuck. :lol:

ex3bp_logo1.jpg

2 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Can you use CEX credit notes online, then?

Yup, got Puyo Puyo Tetris and Bomberman R that way - both were near mint. In the absence of manuals or scratchable CDs, I think Switch games hold their condition well. 

Just played half an hour of Xenoblade 2 in the car while my son slept in the seat after a drive home. This console is a revolution.