rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

I noticed a lot of bad crackling audio using my USB headphones on the Switch when playing Breath of the Wild. Like quiet piano sounds had some hissing with it that only happens on the headphones via usb. It's not the headset because it's fine on PC so I assume its just the Switch's audio driver?

Audio on the switch is a mixed bag. Some games like Splatoon sound incredible, while others have very basic 2 channel audio sent down as 5.1 so you can't even DPLII them.

1 hour ago, Djx said:

I#m sure this has been discussed a lot before but are there any cheaper, third party alternatives. Ideally something that I can use with android/pc etc. too. I'm really struggling with the standard switch controllers. This is mainly due to now being used to a 4 trigger finger grip on the PS4 pad. The switch l/r zl/zr buttons are way too close together for my hands. Even with my fingers jammed together, it still doesn't work how I'd like. The rest of the controls are fine.

54 minutes ago, superstarbeejay said:

I#m sure this has been discussed a lot before but are there any cheaper, third party alternatives. Ideally something that I can use with android/pc etc. too. I'm really struggling with the standard switch controllers. This is mainly due to now being used to a 4 trigger finger grip on the PS4 pad. The switch l/r zl/zr buttons are way too close together for my hands. Even with my fingers jammed together, it still doesn't work how I'd like. The rest of the controls are fine.

8bitdo controllers work. On PC/Android/iOS/Wii/Wii U/Raspberry Pi too.

On 12/29/2017 at 12:38, Naieve said:

Human Falls Flat...

Did your opinion change on this? I finished it a few days ago and think it's a lovely wee game. Gonna pick up a pro controller so I can play split screen with the kids (don't much fancy trying to play it with single joycon motion controls :lol:) 

turns out it's loads of fun with a second player, very recommendo

1 hour ago, MidWalian said:

Bugger. Not good if you want to encourage software support.

But emulation. Playing Mario sunshine would be amazing since Nintendo doesn't want to take my money

1 hour ago, MidWalian said:

Bugger. Not good if you want to encourage software support.

Pretty sure the DS and Playstation still did numbers despite being incredibly easy to pirate.

To those who have played Neo Geo fighters such as KOF and Garou, how are the joycon D-pad buttons for quarter circle/dragon punch etc commands? 

26 minutes ago, SMD said:

Pretty sure the DS and Playstation still did numbers despite being incredibly easy to pirate.

Pretty sure it be actual hardware mod too based on their efforts before. So it's not going to be easily accessible and they're also really expensive too

6 minutes ago, Jazz Glands said:

To those who have played Neo Geo fighters such as KOF and Garou, how are the joycon D-pad buttons for quarter circle/dragon punch etc commands? 

I think they're better than any d-pad that's gone before.

Super-precise. Like one of those Hitbox controllers only with a logical layout. 

Most other people hate it though. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Fallows said:

I think they're better than any d-pad that's gone before.

Super-precise. Like one of those Hitbox controllers only with a logical layout. 

Most other people hate it though. 

Yeah, I prefer the joycon dpad too. Better than the 360 and DS4 dpads anyway. I can do walk up Spinning Piledrivers with Zangief with no issue. Not up there with the Saturn dpad for me though.

• Upvote 1

Has MarioKart 8 been fixed so 3 players can play with two on the big screen (with a horizontal split screen) and the third on the switch screen? Hated the fact that so much screen real estate was wasted in the wii u version when I tried playing with my two nippers.

3 minutes ago, mwaawm said:

Has MarioKart 8 been fixed so 3 players can play with two on the big screen (with a horizontal split screen) and the third on the switch screen? Hated the fact that so much screen real estate was wasted in the wii u version when I tried playing with my two nippers.

You can't play on the big screen and Switch screen separately. So, no.

:(

Bizarre decision, really negatively affects 3 player games.

I would've thought the increased power of the switch would mean it could do this with ease.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

It's not bizarre at all. The console wasn't designed to do it, full stop. The screen is disabled when the console is connected to a TV.

• Upvote 4

41 minutes ago, mwaawm said:

I would've thought the increased power of the switch would mean it could do this with ease.

There are no three player games. There are two player games and there are four players games with not enough people :P

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, mwaawm said:

But... You can’t see the screen when the switch is docked. And the screen is the console, so if you take it out of the dock there’s nothing to run the game on the tv. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, mwaawm said:

What exactly do you think would be powering the TV player(s) while you were holding the Switch?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Orko said:

There are no three player games. There are two player games and there are four players games with not enough people :P

Ahem. Secret of Mana?

• Upvote 1

Wow.  My Switch + Mario Odyssey bundle arrived yesterday courtesy of the ebay 20% off deal. 

Hardware feels a bit cheap but that soon gets forgotten once you start playing. First handheld I've used that doesn't feel like a compromise over a full console. 

Mario is up to his usual meth amphetamine levels of addiction too. 

Jolly good abuse of my credit card. 

• Upvote 1

My kid got one for Christmas, and obviously I also am benefitting ;-)

Can't get over how bare-bones the OS is though. Setting it up to be greeted by an almost totally blank white screen is something else in terms of minimalism.

1 minute ago, SozzlyJoe said:

My kid got one for Christmas, and obviously I also am benefitting ;-)

Can't get over how bare-bones the OS is though. Setting it up to be greeted by an almost totally blank white screen is something else in terms of minimalism.

I find it refreshing.  It's just so damn easy to use. 

Compare it to the Xbone, which I find woeful.  I actually searched the store last night for the Netflix app, to find I already had it installed.  

2 minutes ago, Chooch said:

Its a perfect OS.

I get the no-nonsense appeal, but it's a bit jarring to see literally nothing! Like where is the browser, Mii plaza, streetpass, youtube, netflix and that kind of stuff?

14 minutes ago, SozzlyJoe said:

I get the no-nonsense appeal, but it's a bit jarring to see literally nothing! Like where is the browser, Mii plaza, streetpass, youtube, netflix and that kind of stuff?

all unnecessary faff and bloat that slows it down, makes it harder to navigate, and requires frequent updates. 

I love the purity of it, I know where stuff is, its snappy, its perfect.

• Upvote 4