IGNORED

Rocket League

Retroid

Yeah, we did well, though towards the end my form went to shit. In fairness to me though I had just finished playing football for the first time in two years, and was absolutely knackered!

I did enjoy that OT goal Hogg set me up for in that 1-0 though. Absolutely fired in on the volley from behind the halfway line, an absolute cracker. Should've recorded the bugger.

Might give the Octane a run-out later, see if I feel a bit better in that, as my usual gripes with the Dominus started to surface toward the end of last night. Also I want to see how the Lobo wheels look when I can see all of them, and I like that Distortion skin too.

I played some more of this last night, online 3v3. It's glorious at times. Scored quite a few goals and was the MVP on three or four occasions.  I'm still finding that I need to wait until the ball is on the floor before I can get near it though.  I can't aerial at all. 

Thanks for all the tips!

Working on my own montage of evasive rolls, it's a tricky technique to master but basically at the point in a double jump where you'd normally input the second jump to rise and block the ball, you input a side roll instead and dodge the ball completely. 

Do cars have different weights? I switched to Takumi and it feels like I'm flying around all over the place after collisions now, and much quicker spinning in the air. I see that they have different hitboxes and slightly different turning circles, but am I imagining the rest? EDIT: apparently I'm imagining the rest.

Been getting back into this a bit lately. Mainly playing Solo Standard. Clawed my way back into Challenger after dropping out. The standard is higher than I was used to a couple of months ago! Still can be totally infuriating though to play with some of the people at this level, but I keep trying to concentrate on what I can do better. Which is mainly trying to make better clearances/passes (ie. not trying to give the opposing team anything easy to hit) and being more confident and consistent in the air. Feels SO slow but I think slight progression is actually happening.

Anyone up for some doubles/threes over the weekend?

On 30/09/2016 at 09:47, Xevious said:

How one second at the very end can turn a game from great into infuriating.

It might be that you've simply attained a level of awareness far beyond my own, but if not then I feel like you could see an almost instant boost to your chances just by playing most of the game with ball cam turned on. It really helps with those situations where the ball's gone out of sight and you're not sure where your opponent is going.

Not that I'm someone who should be giving advice.

2 hours ago, alistarr said:

It might be that you've simply attained a level of awareness far beyond my own, but if not then I feel like you could see an almost instant boost to your chances just by playing most of the game with ball cam turned on. It really helps with those situations where the ball's gone out of sight and you're not sure where your opponent is going.

Not that I'm someone who should be giving advice.

I have tried ball cam and find it almost impossible to judge how to hit the ball. The game would really benefit from virtual reality in that way - the separation of looking from direction of travel works in that case for me.

30 minutes ago, Xevious said:

I have tried ball cam and find it almost impossible to judge how to hit the ball. The game would really benefit from virtual reality in that way - the separation of looking from direction of travel works in that case for me.

I would suggest changing your FOV or car distance, ideally post your settings so I can see. Theres a balance to strike between visibility and accuracy. My 1st goal in that video above looks like nothing, where I wall bounce it (on purpose) then chip it in. But that drive round to chip it was all on ball cam, I never ever turn it off, and your FOV is dynamically adjusting while you accelerate and boost too. So that shot was actually quite tricky to pull off, not that it looks it on replay. A lot of people whack FOV up to 100 but to me, you can't hit the ball very well that way..those people tend to just bang the ball around. I prefer to make sure that every time I get behind the ball, I'm lobbing it up to the goal and on target. I can't do that on FOV 100 distance 400. Also, a 100 FOV is actually a 105 FOV once you're boosting, so its even harder. Ever raced to the ball to chip it but driven around the side of it..thinking what the hell? That's the dynamic FOV throwing you off.

Anyway post your visual settings, ie FOV, distance, height etc.  I'm currently using FOV 92, distance 400, low height so I can see right down the pitch, ball cam constant.