Nice work boys! I made champ II for the first time yesterday. And now my controller is broken because I have boost on LB and obviously the series X controller wasn't designed to have that button being hammered that much.

46 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

Nice work boys! I made champ II for the first time yesterday. And now my controller is broken because I have boost on LB and obviously the series X controller wasn't designed to have that button being hammered that much.

Champ 2! Jesus bj nice! i had a few months off rl and came back when it went free to play and been stuck at diamond 2-3 since.pushing for champ now with rorchord but its a tough old slog

1 hour ago, Theholyhogg said:

Champ 2! Jesus bj nice! i had a few months off rl and came back when it went free to play and been stuck at diamond 2-3 since.pushing for champ now with rorchord but its a tough old slog

I've been playing a couple of hours a day most days so pretty much more consistent RL than I've ever played. I got new internet about 6 months ago too and that has made a massive difference to the latency and ping. I regularly get about 40 ping not unlike 80+ with patches of 160+.

2 hours ago, BeeJay said:

Great Save

Great Save

Great Save

Thats not who i am no more :lol:

Unless they do it first then its fair game.

I tell you now there is no finer feeling when they chatting absolute shit in the chat about you,you could be 2-0 down and that feeling when you score a buzzer beater to make it 3-2 and they instantly leave before you can even get the keypad up is just euphoric.

Ive fell back in love with this game again over the last couple of months it never gets boring. 

• 1 month later...

So... I think I've been duped by Psyonix, sort of. I've been grinding 3s since the start of the new season started, initially taking a massive plunge from border Diamond 3/Champ1 down to Diamond 1. Ok, I wasn't playing great and struggling to adapt to 3s (being mostly a 2s player) but felt like my individual skills were as good as they had ever been (especially aerials and defensive positioning).

Since that low, I've continued grinding and things have taken an upswing, reaching Champ 1 fairly comfortably, then onwards to a new 3s high of champ 2. Yesterday I got Champ 2 div 4 and won 3 in a row (but still didn't quite get high enough to jump in to champ 3). This is an all time high for me across any game mode but I don't think I'm playing significantly better than at any time previously.

I'm pretty sure that Psyonix have stretched the ranks at the top end, to make us all feel warm and fuzzy about perceived improvement, and I'm not actually significantly better than I have been in the past.

I went on RL tracker last night and this is my 3s chart:Screenshot_20210428-112546.thumb.jpg.6c26ab2f0224a9ed65ef73c19bfc5bb2.jpg

I'm pretty certain that they have compressed the ranks and even added more ranks at the top end, to make people think they are making more progress than they actually are. I do t really follow the game but I'm pretty sure grand champ was just a single rank at some point in the past and what was 'grand champ' is now called something silly like 'rocket league elite'. In terms of ranks from the top, I'm pretty sure that my rank hasn't actually changed, just been re-named to make me think that I have improved.

I still play this once a week with my mate in the UK, but I've long since stopped paying attention to the ranking system. It doesn't make sense and, on PC anyways, the platinum/diamond ranks are absolutely riddled with people using smurf accounts to beat on people easily.

18 minutes ago, ilpostino said:

I still play this once a week with my mate in the UK, but I've long since stopped paying attention to the ranking system. It doesn't make sense and, on PC anyways, the platinum/diamond ranks are absolutely riddled with people using smurf accounts to beat on people easily.

Plat/Low Diamond ranks are the absolute worst experience, the game is so much more fun at the higher ranks. I find I come up against more people doing crazy air dirbbles and tricks at that level than higher up. But I partly think that is due to players at higher ranks being more used to countering those tactics. Nothing more depressing than playing low Diamond level and watching both of your teammates just sitting in the goal watching as a opponent air dribbles it over their head or does the roof fall flick thing while your team-mates make absolutely no attempt to challenge for the ball.

18 minutes ago, ilpostino said:

It doesn't make sense and, on PC anyways, the platinum/diamond ranks are absolutely riddled with people using smurf accounts to beat on people easily.

There's smurf accounts, and then there's the countless players in diamond with grand champ titles.

22 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

Plat/Low Diamond ranks are the absolute worst experience, the game is so much more fun at the higher ranks.

19 minutes ago, wretcherd said:

There's smurf accounts, and then there's the countless players in diamond with grand champ titles.

I'm not that good at this, I flirt between high platinum and high diamond - which I'll take. I play maybe once a week and usually when I'm on the beer! It's just hilarious to see how some people are very clearly a different skill level and are just there to smash people because they don't win enough at their usual level I guess. Unless I was playing this competitively or streaming it for a living or whatever I'd care, but the ELO/Ranking is just useless for players like me.

5 hours ago, Theholyhogg said:

I think there was some changes to the mmr @BeeJay so in 2s and 3s the rankings have been spread out.

My line is not as nice as yours tho :lol:

Screenshot_20210429-091123_Chrome.jpg

Cool, good to know I wasn't imagining things. I'm pretty sure you've had a heart attack mate.

image.thumb.png.406a4b8ef5927ff2eef85f8cb03f4b9e.png

Mine started levelling off yesterday.

1 hour ago, Theholyhogg said:

You just wanted to show off that you made champ three :lol::lol:

i think i should ditch mackenie and get you in @BeeJay:D

What you think @wretcherd?? The forums best 3s lineup?:eyebrows:

Nah, you like being top dog too much, I wouldn't want to end that illusion!

Seriously though, I'd love to give a tourney a go at some point if you need a sub because someone isn't available.

1 hour ago, wretcherd said:

Nevermind heart attack, I think mine's picked up an earthquake :lol:

Screenshot_20210429-162223_Chrome.jpg

Bloody hell that is quite some inconsistency. How do I make the timescale bigger? Mine currently only goes back to March but to be honest I probably haven't played enough 3s last year to have a rank.

4 hours ago, BeeJay said:

Nah, you like being top dog too much, I wouldn't want to end that illusion!

Seriously though, I'd love to give a tourney a go at some point if you need a sub because someone isn't available.

You aint done a tournament???

Say whaaa,you would love it