Fantasy Premier League 2015/2016

Just out of interest. When do people think is the best time to use the all-out-attack card? When all your defence have tough games or when your strikers have easy games?

Someone in my league that I have with a group of friends used it this week and none of his strikers scored and his 2 defenders both conceded (I think they both conceded more than one)

you could potentially get a bit cute with it when double gameweeks roll around

with some planning it's possible you have a week where you have more than two defenders with no games but more than three attackers with two

otherwise yea, when you're forced to bench a promising attacker in favour of a less than promising defender

you could potentially get a bit cute with it when double gameweeks roll around

with some planning it's possible you have a week where you have more than two defenders with no games but more than three attackers with two

otherwise yea, when you're forced to bench a promising attacker in favour of a less than promising defender

Yeah, I imagine a generally sensible thing to do is save the 'chips' that can only be played once a season (triple captain, bench boost, all out attack) until the double gameweeks start happening in the new year. Particularly (in the case of bench boost) if you do some canny transfers in the week or two prior to a double game week to maximise the number of players in your squad that do have two games.

Thought I finally had a decent weekend FL wise (despite benching Benteke for Aguero) with assists for Mahrez ©, Barkley and Ozil, plus clean sheets for Dier and Targett. Moved up a league i'm in to 1st.

Forgetting West Ham were plating tonight and the 3 players below me in this league all have Payet - and one captained him.

This fuckin' season, man. Killing me.

How long is Aguero out for? Was hoping it'd be a long term injury so I could drop him and re-invest all that cash he's using up. But he'll no doubt be 75% likely to play or something forcing me to keep him.

Yeah, I imagine a generally sensible thing to do is save the 'chips' that can only be played once a season (triple captain, bench boost, all out attack) until the double gameweeks start happening in the new year. Particularly (in the case of bench boost) if you do some canny transfers in the week or two prior to a double game week to maximise the number of players in your squad that do have two games.

critically you can only play them one at a time. wildcards are included in that so you're going to need to plan well in advance. how many doubles are there usually in a season?

Thought I finally had a decent weekend FL wise (despite benching Benteke for Aguero) with assists for Mahrez ©, Barkley and Ozil, plus clean sheets for Dier and Targett. Moved up a league i'm in to 1st.

Forgetting West Ham were plating tonight and the 3 players below me in this league all have Payet - and one captained him.

This fuckin' season, man. Killing me.

How long is Aguero out for? Was hoping it'd be a long term injury so I could drop him and re-invest all that cash he's using up. But he'll no doubt be 75% likely to play or something forcing me to keep him.

there's been talk of him still being able to play Juventus tomorrow. that might not come off but i think it suggests the injury isn't serious. worst case scenario he misses one game week.

you don't really need that much cash anyway. the best possible team based on points scored so far would still only cost 91.1 even after all the price rises! not been a good season for the heavy hitters so far.

Its been a terrible season so far really, looking at the teams in the top places OR I would have laughed at anyone who came up with those teams prior to the season starting.

My GW was rescued somewhat by captaining Mahrez, I went with Darmian as 1st sub and ended up with Hoolahan's 13 points wasted on the bench.

Patience is running very thin with Aguero, but the other strikers are all so unappealing.

there's no way Aguero isn't going to score 15+ goals this season.

Aguero, Kane, Sanchez. they're not playing badly, they're getting plenty of chances, all three are having more shots per game than Benteke. it isn't like what's going on with Costa or Hazard who are struggling in front of goal and not getting the chances.

i'd still bet on those three outscoring the likes of Mahrez, Ayew and Payet over the course of the season.

You'd bet on Kane outscoring Payet, who was second in assists across Europe and takes set pieces for his club? That's an interesting punt. I'd argue that the other two might have a chance at beating him as well. You'd have to expect that Sanchez and Aguero will come good, mind.

let's assume he gets the same number of goals, assists and yellow cards for West Ham as he did for Marseille, and be generous and say he gets 30 bonus points (roughly what the likes of Sanchez, Kane and Aguero got) and nine clean sheets like West Ham got last season. he'll be finishing around 190, the same tally Kane got in a season where he didn't even start matches until November. Ayew wouldn't even come close.

i also fully expect to be as wrong on this as i have been on everything else in this thread

having a hard time picking who to go in this week. looking at United v Southampton and seeing good potential for clean sheets...

... meanwhile Payet and Sanchez have tricky away days at Manchester City and Chelsea respectively. the sort of games you might not expect their teams to win but you know that if they do it's because those players had a good day.

and then there's the Kane issue. i just can't decide!

you swayed me :hmm:

Sorry, I swayed myself and dropped Pedro (who I thought wasnt even going to be playing) for him hence his poor score.

Captained Wilson over Mahrez annoyingly. Decent points for Butland despite conceding 2, bonus points and an assist. Not bad. Aguero continues to frustrate, could have bagged a hattrick with the chances he had, comes away with just an assist.

Tempted to put Martial in tonight before the inevitable price jump. Not sure who to drop for him though out of Benteke or Aguero.

I've gone for him, replacing Lukaku who threatened to do well and then stopped. He's looking pretty reasonable at £8m, not sure I'd go for him at £58m though...

hm i did my transfer last week while four sheets to the wind and without considering the golden rule of bringing in someone who is playing Sunderland next week.

not a good strategy.

Gomez may have reached the end. though after watching Yoshida at rightback I don't think Koeman will ever make that mistake again and Cedric should be back in for good. was really hoping for one more increase in value on Gomez... but if he misses next week he's got to go.

fortunately Gomez getting dropped means Payet has come in rendering all my bellyaching over the decision null and void. 50 points, solid but i know a lot of people who did a lot better.