IGNORED

Star Citizen - Fishing for Space Whales

Flub

3 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Haven't even been active for a month an already received my first warning on ResetERA for calling someone an "unlocky sod" with regards to him backing this trainwreck of a project. Oh dear...

wow, warned for a typo...

59 minutes ago, Pob said:

Haven't even been active for a month and already received my first warning on ResetERA for calling someone an "unlucky sod" with regards to him backing this trainwreck of a project. Oh dear...

I managed to turn GAF pretty anti-SC, but they seem pretty determined to turn ResetERA into a Star Citizen hugbox. I think some of the mods have significant JPEG spaceship investments.

The SC subreddit thread is amazing for the sheer number of people who are recruiting friends based on showing them cherry-picked eye candy of things that aren't in the game and don't represent the experience, stuff that's full framerate, no bugs, etc. And a tremendous number don't seem to realise the game is bad because they never play it, it's like the whole thing is based on lies from top to bottom.

The UK office is the most generic looking place and is where the bulk of development is, the US one has barely any devs but is lavish, with scifi interior design, $20,000 doors, $3,000 desks, $10,000 furniture, a $16,000 coffee machine. It's also the one where Chris Roberts works, obviously. Backer money well spent.

Just now, RubberJohnny said:

The UK office is the most generic looking place and is where the bulk of development is, the US one has barely any devs but is lavish, with scifi interior design, $20,000 doors, $3,000 desks, $10,000 furniture, a $16,000 coffee machine. It's also the one where Chris Roberts works, obviously. Backer money well spent.

Yeah it's offensively expensive looking. Fucking hell. :lol:

9 hours ago, VN1X said:

Haven't even been active for a month and already received my first warning on ResetERA for calling someone an "unlucky sod" with regards to him backing this trainwreck of a project. Oh dear...

Unfortunately, the thought police style moderating on there somehow seems to be worse than NeoGAF. 

Even though it's still very janky the presentation in general is seriously out of this world (ha-ha) what with the animations, voice acting, soundtrack, etc... however it's taken the player about 30 mins to even start a mission?! Really hope the actual game isn't this goddamned slow. 

3 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Even though it's still very janky the presentation in general is seriously out of this world (ha-ha) what with the animations, voice acting, soundtrack, etc...

Really? I think everything they've shown looks worse than Infinite Warfare so far:

That did this exact stuff with downtime in the ship except with more going on, better graphics, same level of performance capture and a lot less jank.

8 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

Really? I think everything they've shown looks worse than Infinite Warfare so far:

That did this exact stuff with downtime in the ship except with more going on, better graphics, same level of performance capture and a lot less jank.

Oh don't get me wrong, as it is now Infinite Warfare blows this out of the water. That singleplayer campaign was immensely enjoyable. One of the best CoD campaigns in quite some time.

However that sequence just now with Ser Davos was really good I thought. Top tier facial animation with quality voice acting to boot. And it has to be said that it's also quite impressive considering that they're rendering all of this in real-time. There don't seem to be any shortcuts whatsoever (which is at the expense of the performance at the moment).