IGNORED

Star Citizen - Fishing for Space Whales

Flub

47 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Once upon a time those graphics used to look pretty cutting edge. Lol.

Don’t say things like that. They’ll change the engine again and then it’ll be another decade.

58 minutes ago, Zio said:

Don’t say things like that. They’ll change the engine again and then it’ll be another decade.

Well, UE5 has just launched....

I think I do, although I'd forgotten that until about a second ago. :D

I'm pretty sure I tried out Arena Commander or whatever it was called way back when, but haven't touched it since. That was back when it felt like an actual product instead of a blatant scam.

I've seen a few tiktoks with footage of people playing this and it looks fun.  Really really good graphics too.  I'm assuming theyr'e from the game and not some wierd cgi ad instead,

It "exists" in the form of a massively stripped down, playable alpha. The release date is currently "no earlier than Q3 2023". Heck, it's been playable in various forms for the better part of a decade, but the actual promised game they're supposedly developing is clearly never going to happen.

Like people keep saying, why bother finishing the game when people will happily pay crazy money for endless jpegs? They're now claiming they're hard at work on bedsheet physics.

Yeah, I've got no skin in this game. I didn't know how extensive the game was. Presumably not very given the chat surrounding their shilling but at this point I don't now how hyperbolic it all is seeing as it's practically a meme at this point.

17 minutes ago, Mogster said:

It "exists" in the form of a massively stripped down, playable alpha. The release date is currently "no earlier than Q3 2023". Heck, it's been playable in various forms for the better part of a decade, but the actual promised game they're supposedly developing is clearly never going to happen.

Like people keep saying, why bother finishing the game when people will happily pay crazy money for endless jpegs? They're now claiming they're hard at work on bedsheet physics.

Looking forward to jpegs of duvets. More togs = more monies. 

1 hour ago, Eighthours said:

Looking forward to jpegs of duvets. More togs = more monies. 

In game Duvet covers too! You can buy one of each of the jpegs in your fleet.

I'm thinking this has recently been through a huge 'descoping' pass.

So now it's something where you can pay to kit out a starship cabin with new things like the duvets with their magic tech and then get into bed and view your cabin from there.

Cabin Citizen.

12 minutes ago, merrychan said:

I'm thinking this has recently been through a huge 'descoping' pass.

So now it's something where you can pay to kit out a starship cabin with new things like the duvets with their magic tech and then get into bed and view your cabin from there.

Cabin Citizen.

I suspect it’s more that they realise their whales from ten years ago were already forty. So now they’re fifty and they’re thinking about cruises.

24 minutes ago, footle said:

I suspect it’s more that they realise their whales from ten years ago were already forty. So now they’re fifty and they’re thinking about cruises.

"A window cabin you say? That will be extra" :D

I played it for about 2 weeks and it admittedly was fun, I got myself a nice fighter for bounty missions and a big ship for hauling cargo and a big old 6 man starship, once you get yourself a big cargo hauling ship things become very easy as you can make large amounts of cash very quickly. That's where I got bored, I got the best stuff for what I wanted to do then there was nothing else so I stopped. 

It's buggy as fuck though. 

Just now, Matt Defis said:

I played it for about 2 weeks and it admittedly was fun, I got myself a nice fighter for bounty missions and a big ship for hauling cargo and a big old 6 man starship, once you get yourself a big cargo hauling ship things become very easy as you can make large amounts of cash very quickly. That's where I got bored, I got the best stuff for what I wanted to do then there was nothing else so I stopped. 

It's buggy as fuck though. 

So what do you do with the cash? Is there minining/tradig etc? Lot of other people?

5 minutes ago, Matt Defis said:

Yeah,  mining, trading, you can even do piracy on trade routes robbing other players, it's really what I wish EVE was at a really basic level, unfortunately it hasn't got the complexity of what actually makes EVE great. 

So what do you think its missing?

I started making money early on by spotting someone left their cargo hauler open, I hid inside, waited for them to fill it up with cargo and after they took off and entered hyperspace i shot them in the back of head while they were in the pilot seat and took their ship and sold their cargo. 

This actually sounds amazing lol