IGNORED

League 1, League 2 and Non-League 2015-16

neoELITE

Our win against Wigan is looking less like first day game raising after we battered Millwall and then beat Crewe for what must be the first time in about 400 years. I was miles away for both so I expect us to shit the bed next time I get to watch again.

Went to my first Oxford game of the season today at Mansfield. Not seen a team like them in a fair old while.

Picked up 6 yellow cards, after apparently getting 7 in the week! They had two ideas all afternoon, hoof the ball long for Matt Green to chase, and try to kick seven shades of shite into our players.

We had a shite start, conceding from a long throw in after 2 minutes, then conceded a penalty on 8. Matt Green (ex-Oxford may I add), stepped up and smashed the ball onto the bar (ha). After then, our CBs dropped off 15 yards, and we got a hold in before half term. We had two decent freekicks, one saved by Jensen and one hit the post.

We brought on a target-esq man striker at the break, and it changed the game. We had a presence to play balls into feet in the final third. Got a penalty for a horrific challenge on our winger, and could've grabbed the points near the end.

Enjoyed the day out, going to the cup game at Sheffield Wednesday in the week, can't wait for that one.

Well I should be pleased that Pompey managed to pull it back to 3-3 in the dying embers of injury time but what the hell were they playing at going 2-0 and 3-1 down anyway? Bit early in the season to start believing your own hype. Still, I think Paul Cook will get stuck into them for that and at least we're still unbeaten.

EDIT: Actually we were 3-0 down and pulled it back. Amazing. Especially with 10 men.

If Pompey don't go up as champions, I'll be surprised. Your midfield is just too good. Obviously, bad luck with injuries could happen but your squad is very strong. You've got 5 x the budget of most clubs and budget is usually reflected in league position.

I saw the goals last night. Our second was possibly a hand ball.

If Pompey don't go up as champions, I'll be surprised. Your midfield is just too good. Obviously, bad luck with injuries could happen but your squad is very strong. You've got 5 x the budget of most clubs and budget is usually reflected in league position.

I saw the goals last night. Our second was possibly a hand ball.

Yes, I agree. Roberts has been amazing so far. He got another 2 yesterday and pretty much dragged us back into the match with his quality. Pleased we created a lot of chances to pull it back but we need to give teams far more respect. We might have a bigger budget than most clubs but usually it takes time for teams to gel so there are no guarantees it will win us promotion. We have to earn it and it will be down to the skill and nous of Cook to get the team promoted as much as the quality of our players.

He might be you know. Noticed our previous manager Kevin Wilkin is also linked to the job. Ultimately he looked a bit out of his depth at Wrexham, struggling to deal with disruptive senior players at the club in particular. But he did a very good job at Nuneaton, is decent in the transfer market and a bloody nice bloke. Could be a good fit for Telford and Wilkin at this point in time. He still lives in Nuneaton I think, so not too far away.

Meanwhile we've won four in a row and are third in the league. Yay.

Oho. Telford have plumped for Rob Smith, the longest serving manager since reformation. He took them up to the Conference North in his first full season, then presided over two campaigns that ended in playoff heartbreak (a semi-final defeat, then a final), before an 11th place finish saw him get the boot in 2010.

In 2009, they won (and still hold, 'cos it's defunct) the Conference League Cup, despite still being a second tier side, and also made the semi-finals of the FA Trophy that year.

He's been in charge of Hednesford Town since 2010, gaining promotion in 2013 to the Conference North, and making the playoffs in 2014 before a disappointing campaign last year saw them 8th. Oh, and he's won a game this season. That helps.

Let's hope it's more of a Jose Mourinho situation, in terms of success, than a Kevin Keegan.

Fantastic performance yesterday even though we only scored once and beat Newport 11-0. We're second :)

Graham Carey was outstanding. He got his 4th goal. Really good atmosphere in nice weather. Happy days.

Leyton Orient have won all 5.

Newport were very poor. Their back four will leak goals and the midfield is weak. We've got two away games now. I'm confident if we keep the squad we have for the whole season, we'll be in the top three.

A massive budget cut and appointing Terry Butcher as their manager was always going to result in a relegation fight for Newport, but good work neoELITE. Defeat to them in the playoff final a couple years ago was a depressing day for Wrexham AFC. The sooner they get relegated and we reestablish ourselves as the third best team in Wales the better.

Things are looking up for us at the moment. We're playing excellent football, are comfortably the better side in matches and the fans are coming along in ludicrous numbers to witness the magic. Now second after winning five games in a row. We do look a bit vulnerable at the back though and have only played bottom half teams so far. Got a tough game away at Cheltenham tomorrow that should give us an indication of just how good we are.

BT Sports are showing it live at 5.30 if anyone wants to see a quality game of non-league footy.

Another good win for us, really pleased with our start to the season.

Didn't go, but listened on the radio and it sound like we played really well, and could've had a few more.

We're ok the tele next Sunday lunch time away at Bristol Rovers. Being on the tele is normally a cue for us to play awfully and embarrass ourselves. Can't wait...!

First win of the season for Telford today, 2-0 at home to Brackley who missed a penalty late on. Climbing to the heady heights of 23rd now.

Only three games in September thanks to a lack of midweek matches and the FA Cup ties on the final weekend. Two of those are at home so it'd be good to get more points on the board and climb into mid-table after ten matches.

Quite unhappy we came back from two goals at Wimbledon last night to win 2-3 in the silly JPT. Exeter got through too. I think it's more pointless than the League Cup. For League 2 sides, with small budgets and small squads, it can end up costing the club money as attendances are so small and risks injuries to players too. Can't stand it.

Attendance yesterday was 1251.

2-2 draw against Southend on Monday was ok. I was expecting our freakish form to come back to normal which did look like happening - after Johnson scored they immediately equalised before winning a dodgy penalty to go ahead. At this point last season Pressley would have shuffled in his lovely shoes and we'd have wilted, but we came back pretty strong and equalised even after O'Brien missed a penalty (we've got a record of scoring one in the last eight, I had no confidence in him this time).

I think closing one stand behind the goal helps this season. Even though only the away side gets to shoot towards their own fans in a half, having everyone more huddled together makes for a better atmosphere and I think that may have helped the players. For at least 20 minutes everyone was singing that Bob Marley 'don't worry about a thing' song which almost calmed everyone down and was true as we scored a few minutes later. Apparently the chant originated from a pre-season game at Nuneaton where one of the stewards had dreadlocks.

Quite unhappy we came back from two goals at Wimbledon last night to win 2-3 in the silly JPT. Exeter got through too. I think it's more pointless than the League Cup. For League 2 sides, with small budgets and small squads, it can end up costing the club money as attendances are so small and risks injuries to players too. Can't stand it.

Attendance yesterday was 1251.

Yeah I agree. It is even more pointless than the League Cup. It took me about 4 seasons to even win it in FM13 with Dorchester Town ;)