rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
robdood

Uncharted Collection

Pretty good for a ps3 game! The framerate looks nice and solid, and the image looks sharp, even on a crappy YouTube video.

I have only watched on my phone, mind! (love that android YouTube supports 60fps these days!)

Thought I recognised it. It's exactly the same sequence form the 2009 E3 demo reveal

You can compare here (starts around 4m 30s). Whether this is how it looked in the finished game I can't actually remember.

Looks beautiful, really looking forward to re-playing these games but the harsh light of 2015 might show some more nasty cracks though.

Glad Blue Point studios are developing the port, they performed stellar work on the MGS HD ports.

ARGGHHH!!!! Why isn't it October already!?! I did all of these on Crushing difficulty on the PS3 & really can't wait to see them all in glorious 1080p60. I'm hoping that the obviousness of the climbing points is due to the difficulty they're playing but it won't matter in the long run, these games are so good that little imperfections can be forgiven.

It took a while for me to get to grips with the original Uncharted, but can't deny that I'm the biggest Uncharted fan.

This looks good, but it's just a coat of wax on an old game, and replaying something you've already experienced makes no sense.

Games evolve, physics change, game play changes... surely even the most die hard fans would want to experience something new?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

It took a while for me to get to grips with the original Uncharted, but can't deny that I'm the biggest Uncharted fan.

This looks good, but it's just a coat of wax on an old game, and replaying something you've already experienced makes no sense.

Games evolve, physics change, game play changes... surely even the most die hard fans would want to experience something new?

I really enjoyed Uncharted on the 360

Reading books more than once - pointless. Listening to the same music over and over - pointless. Watching your favourite film more than once POINTLESS.

POINTLESS.

• Upvote 4

i stopped 3 hours into uncharted 1 because the main character seemed like a bit of a plum, does this continue?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Looks lovely and smooth. But like a lot of these 1080p remasters, I find the super-sharp geometry a little too defined, making the whole thing look more 'gamey'.

If that makes any sense?

• Upvote 1

Reading books more than once - pointless. Listening to the same music over and over - pointless. Watching your favourite film more than once POINTLESS.

POINTLESS.

You don't have to re-learn how to listen, read and watch (the vast majority of) passive media. They still have the thrill of the new, not knowing what's going to happen etc. first time around, then different things you might notice or take away on re-experiencing them, but games are different.

In your first play through a game, you have to learn that particular game's mechanics and are usually expected to be able to apply them in various new situations in order to proceed. Sometimes that's inventive and exposes new depths in the game systems, sometimes it's effectively just repetition with different clothes on, but it's all part of an initial experience in a way that doesn't exist in passive media.

Repeated plays through a game lose that "fresh" feeling of learning and not knowing - not just what's going to happen, but what you need to do and how you need to do it - and if you've absolutely rinsed a particular game, or if the gameplay actually isn't all that fun on its own terms (like big set pieces where you don't actually do much), or it isn't that interesting once you've mastered it and only have the same scenarios to go through again, it can feel a bit pointless, even if it was one of your favourites.

Remakes aren't inherently pointless (it depends entirely on who's playing), but I had that exact experience playing the Twin Snakes remake on the GC due to over-familiarity

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You don't have to re-learn how to listen, read and watch (the vast majority of) passive media. They still have the thrill of the new, not knowing what's going to happen etc., then different things you might notice or take away on re-experiencing them, but games are different.

In your first play through a game, you have to learn each particular game's mechanics and are usually expected to be able to apply them in various new situations in order to proceed. Sometimes that's inventive and exposes new depths in the game systems, sometimes it's effectively just repetition with different clothes on.

Repeated plays through a game lose that "fresh" feeling of learning and not knowing, and if you've absolutely rinsed a particular game, or if the gameplay actually isn't all that fun on its own terms (like big set pieces where you don't actually do much), or it isn't that interesting once you've mastered it and only have the same scenarios to go through again, it can feel a bit pointless, even if it was one of your favourites.

That's not to say that remakes are pointless (it depends entirely on who's playing), but I had that exact experience playing the Twin Snakes remake on the GC due to over-familiarity

So if I re-read a book it's still fresh and exciting but a game isnt, what?
  • Upvote 3

I love the Uncharted games. I've never been one for buying HD remakes, but can see me biting here if the price point is decent enough. The Last of Us remake seemed to hit the £30 mark very quickly and that would be a sweet spot for me for this package.

What a stunning first post - welcome! :facepalm:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I like the Uncharted games but that motion control balance beam stuff in the first game was awful the and I doubt it'll be any better now. I guess it's unlikely they'll remove it from the remaster?

What a stunning first post - welcome! :facepalm:

I thought you were kind with your words, and then saw the face palm.

The problem for me with reissuing a game in HD - and especially on a story-heavy game - is that it loses the ambiguity of the first play through. So what happens is you end up skipping a lot of the cut scenes and jumping into the main game. And Uncharted has a very linear gameplay.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I thought you were kind with your words, and then saw the face palm.

The problem for me with reissuing a game in HD - and especially on a story-heavy game - is that it loses the ambiguity of the first play through. So what happens is you end up skipping a lot of the cut scenes and jumping into the main game. And Uncharted has a very linear gameplay.

I've played through every uncharted twice. 'Cos I think they're great. I played the PS3 and PS4 versions of the last of us. I think I have played through the equally linear Arkham Asylum three times, City twice. I'll be buying the remaster of Uncharted on day one.

Sometimes I re-read books or re-watch films. They are really really linear.

I like the Uncharted games but that motion control balance beam stuff in the first game was awful the and I doubt it'll be any better now. I guess it's unlikely they'll remove it from the remaster?

As I remember its used about 3 times, so it's not too intrusive.

I've played through every uncharted twice. 'Cos I think they're great. I played the PS3 and PS4 versions of the last of us. I think I have played through the equally linear Arkham Asylum three times, City twice. I'll be buying the remaster of Uncharted on day one.

Sometimes I re-read books or re-watch films. They are really really linear.

As I remember its used about 3 times, so it's not too intrusive.

Congratulations. You are Sony's target audience.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

I know what a sap, suckered in by Naughty Dog, the rank amateurs, trying to serve us warmed up leftovers, again.

Fuck that shit man.

Who do you think companies who re-issue old material have in mind as likely buyers of it? People who love it and want a better looking version to play on modern hardware and people who never played it in the first place, the latter group being considerably potentially larger than the former.

Most of the complainers clearly think re-issues are only targeting the first group exclusively...

Ffs guys don't respond to the troll / idiot.

What an unconstructive comment.

I'm sure this will be a technical marvel, and will satisfy many a persons insatiable appetite for better looking versions of their old favourites or those experiencing it for the first time.

I've got a bunch of HD remakes untouched in cellophane and I think I'll give this a miss.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5