IGNORED

Uncharted Collection

robdood

Anyone picking this up on Fri? I will, hopefully by taking advantage of the £10 upgrade. I can’t believe UC4 was released 7 years ago, and that was when I last played it too, my one and only play through. 

I’m looking forward to seeing what enhancements they’ve made, and also just playing Uncharted again following on from when I replayed the first three remastered a couple of years ago during the 2020 lockdown. 

I would love an Uncharted 5 but imagine any such game to be many years away. 

52 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Anyone picking this up on Fri? I will, hopefully by taking advantage of the £10 upgrade. I can’t believe UC4 was released 7 years ago, and that was when I last played it too, my one and only play through. 

I’m looking forward to seeing what enhancements they’ve made, and also just playing Uncharted again following on from when I replayed the first three remastered a couple of years ago during the 2020 lockdown. 

Yep £10 upgrade and apparently you get a free movie ticket to see the Uncharted movie

2 hours ago, Stanley said:

I was thinking to but don't have either game at the moment so I'd have to pay £45 (or re-buy one of the games to get the discount). Great games but have enough to play at the moment without adding to the pile..... I'll pick it up in few months when it no doubt will be in a sale or the market will be flooded with second hand copies...

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

Yes absolutely. 

I can probably smash through both before Elden Ring. 

The 60 fps update for Horizon Zero Dawn was so good that I'm absoluely up for paying £10 to have these two games upgraded. 

Have they mentioned any improvements to the audio ? On PS4 with the official headset the sound design was phenomenal. Between Uncharted, GT7, and Horizon 2 I’m tempted to invest in the official PS5 headset. 

1 hour ago, Fargo said:

Have they mentioned any improvements to the audio ? On PS4 with the official headset the sound design was phenomenal. Between Uncharted, GT7, and Horizon 2 I’m tempted to invest in the official PS5 headset. 

3D Audio: Hear the world of UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection come to life around you with 3D Audio.

...is what it says on the website for it.

1 hour ago, Fargo said:

It is good the headset, definitely worth it. 

3 hours ago, MattyP said:

I was thinking to but don't have either game at the moment so I'd have to pay £45 (or re-buy one of the games to get the discount). Great games but have enough to play at the moment without adding to the pile..... I'll pick it up in few months when it no doubt will be in a sale or the market will be flooded with second hand copies...

That’s a good point, why would any pay full price when you could just buy Lost Legacy on its own and the upgrade for a tenner and get the full package :unsure:

Edit. Looks like you can’t buy LL on its own any longer just the double pack with UC4 for £34.99, hmmm.

22 minutes ago, Stanley said:

That’s a good point, why would any pay full price when you could just buy Lost Legacy on its own and the upgrade for a tenner and get the full package :unsure:

And this is the reason why I believe Sony are  run by people who actually have no fucking clue about what it means to have backwards compatibility now being a real, vital issue for people. 

As far as I can tell, Sony fundamentally don't like backwards compatibility of any type at all, and would much prefer you to buy new stuff all the time and preferably at £70 a pop. 

Whereas, covid's stuck its willy in the mix, waved it around and caused no end of fucking issues meaning that to all intents and purposes Sony kind of have to get on the BC train because otherwise they're going to lose a huge amount of revenue from folk who still want to buy new stuff but due to lack of PS5s, lack of dev time to get as many PS5 only games out, and sudden realisation that - shock - people kind of like to see older games pimped up from time to time.

But they've utterly screwed up the implementation of all this and it irritates me no end.

They appear to be stuck in a weird half way house between full price Nintendo re-releases and Microsoft’s backwards compatibility enhancements for free, and they’re not sure really in which camp they should belong. Answer, it’s the latter.

Nintendo got away with selling all those Wii U re-releases on Switch because no one bought a Wii U in the first place, whereas PS4 is one of the best selling consoles ever, and when your main competitor is doing it for free, and more, and making all these power plays in the market, you’d think they’d do something to create goodwill amongst their customers. 

59 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

Have I mis-understood things, will I get Legacy of Thieves PS4 for free because I own UC4, it’s on disk though although I also have it via PS+?

Yes, but you will need the disc in the PS5, it wont work with the PS+ version

1 hour ago, scoobysi said:

Have I mis-understood things, will I get Legacy of Thieves PS4 for free because I own UC4, it’s on disk though although I also have it via PS+?

It’s a £10 upgrade to the PS5 version. Upgrade will be available from launch. You just need to have bought either UC4 or LL 

9 minutes ago, Purin said:

Is Uncharted actually good? (new PS5 owner, ex-Xbox). Would this be a good place to start or do you need to play the others first?

Uncharted 4 benefits from the build up of Nate's relationship with Elena and the longstanding friendship between Nate and Sully that are both established in Uncharteds 1-3. That said, UC4 does well to stand on its own. But am I right in thinking this is a whole collection of all five games in one package? In which case I'd play them all. 4 is easily the best though.

I'd rate them:

A Thief's End

Among Thieves

Lost Legacy

Drake's Fortune

Drake's Deception

11 minutes ago, Purin said:

Is Uncharted actually good? (new PS5 owner, ex-Xbox). Would this be a good place to start or do you need to play the others first?

Yes they are all worth playing. Action adventure puzzler games all rolled into one!

The new release just contains two games Uncharted 4 and the lost legacy.

Sony released the uncharted the Nathan Drake Collection on PS4 though that is worth picking up  This has the first three games. Definitely worth a play through. It's well priced at around £16 IIRC but also comes up in sales from time to time.

Yeah, I suppose I’m going to pick this up. Most likely on disc so it can be traded once it’s been rattled but with a gap now before things like Horizon ZD, Elden Ring and GT7 this will fill it perfectly.

I absolutely love the Uncharted games but never played Lost Legacy so a replay of a jazzed up 4 and then into brand new LL is well worth the £45 that I will has to pay due to no longer having my physical copy.

1 hour ago, Purin said:

They’re basically 80’s/90’s AAA Hollywood Swashbuckling Blockbuster Action films in video game form. They were one of the reasons I dropped Xbox and got a PS4. I wasn’t disappointed! Uncharted 2 is amazing (probably the best), 4 is proper AAA quality (close 2nd). It towered over other AAA releases that had come before it and it’s still arguably top of the pile now, years on. Lost Legacy is great too, though can’t remember that much about it as I’ve only played it once. Been through the others numerous times and watched a few other people play through them too. Definitely worth giving them a go!

1 hour ago, Purin said:

Yeah they are brilliant games. Start at the beginning and work your way through, they just get better and better too, and the PS4 remasters add a lot of improvements. Only the third game is a bit of misstep, but even that has standout moments. 

Having said all that if you just want to go straight in at the best and aren’t that bothered about the story (it’s decent though) then as others have said UC4 is definitely the greatest in the series IMO, and Lost Legacy is also excellent albeit a tad shorter. 

Agree with all the above. I think if you haven’t played them before, then going through them all in order really helps the emotional story beats in 4 hit harder. I was so invested in Nate’s relationships by 4 that it meant a lot more to me.

Lost Legacy is a victory lap/love letter to the series which basically takes all the best bits and puts them in a perfectly paced adventure to see the games off in incredible style. 

14 hours ago, Stanley said:

Edit. Looks like you can’t buy LL on its own any longer just the double pack with UC4 for £34.99, hmmm.

They removed the individual games off the Playstation Store to stop the above.

9 hours ago, Gigawatt said:

Agree with all the above. I think if you haven’t played them before, then going through them all in order really helps the emotional story beats in 4 hit harder. I was so invested in Nate’s relationships by 4 that it meant a lot more to me.

Lost Legacy is a victory lap/love letter to the series which basically takes all the best bits and puts them in a perfectly paced adventure to see the games off in incredible style. 

Totally agree with this. I went through the Nathan Drake Collection in order when I got my PS4 and it resulted in a connection with the characters that made the story of 4 hit a lot harder. 

Really looking forward to playing Lost Legacy again, as I can only remember a couple of bits. Not sure whether to start with that or UC4 first.