IGNORED

Uncharted Collection

robdood

7 hours ago, MikeF said:

Yes, and it will autopop trophies too, so if you want to do them again, don't transfer any save data

I now have the platinum in this because of that, and am going through it again anyway

Mine didn't pop any trophies at all even though I loaded a save where I'd completed crushing. Some like kill a thousand people popped when I got a single kill, but they didn't all autopop.

2 hours ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

This is gonna be a revelation in 120fps. I am excited 🤠

It's far too fucking soft in that mode. To be honest I'm not impressed with this. Considering TLOU2's update for 60fps was completely free, I'm feeling ripped off of a tenner.

I can't pinpoint what it is. I'm enjoying playing the game, but this just looks ... off, somehow.

I think it looks ace at 120 and I am scarily close to my TV. Sure 1440p 60 is nicer, but I don't mind the trade off. 

One thing to note though, is some of the textures are dated in areas. Notably some of the rocks in areas. Otherwise Character work is excellent and their Anti Aliasing implementation is staggeringly good. 

All in all I am happy with the upgrade but milage may vary per person.

1 hour ago, Thor said:

It's far too fucking soft in that mode. To be honest I'm not impressed with this. Considering TLOU2's update for 60fps was completely free, I'm feeling ripped off of a tenner.

I can't pinpoint what it is. I'm enjoying playing the game, but this just looks ... off, somehow.

Nah it definitely looks better, the colour grading and contrast seem a lot less washed out.

only 1440p and 60hz though, it does look like you remember it I guess….

25468D12-FB02-4AF7-8091-2F50D1DE31E1.thumb.jpeg.0d30369a3f8b0b3fa34934736cc228e1.jpeg

I would actually really like to see another game in the series. Improvements to the moment to moment gameplay certainly! But I cannot begin to imagine what they could do now. They just get better and better at arting video games. 

The attention to detail in just staggering really. Like I noticed how Nate’s feet actually change angle depending on the angle or slope he’s standing on, just tiny little things like that everywhere. 

I’d love another one but can you imagine how long it would take to make with even better graphics hardware available these days. 

It’s been 7 years since they released Uncharted 4, which is the same

amount of time they released the first 4 games in. 

28 minutes ago, SuperCapes said:

I would actually really like to see another game in the series. Improvements to the moment to moment gameplay certainly! But I cannot begin to imagine what they could do now. They just get better and better at arting video games. 

Personally not for me. I don’t particularly like the family pop corn tone. On the other hand the last of us is waaaay off in the other direction. I think TLOU is just far more compelling.

Perhaps though it’s time for a “classic naughty dog” style game with a completely new setting, characters etc.

I’d like to see it remain real world though, so no Bandicoots.

I was looking for a sprint button too! Got used to it after a while, but it shows how game design has standardised it in just a short time, you just expect it to be there. 

I also find the more serious tone inconsistent with being shot and your health just automatically recovering to full, especially as it forms part of an early plot point.

Spoiler

When Sam gets shot. 

Minor points overall as it’s still massively enjoyable, and looks and plays better than ever now. 

19 hours ago, MikeF said:

Yes, and it will autopop trophies too, so if you want to do them again, don't transfer any save data

I now have the platinum in this because of that, and am going through it again anyway

Ah I did wonder if that would be the case, so I didn’t import my PS4 save for Uncharted 4. Think I will for the Lost Legacy as I’ve previously completed that twice.

I find the floaty running a bit strange. The running leg animations kinda bug me and how they don’t plant on the floor properly and it feels like there’s no weight to it.

If I had it my way all characters would move like in Nier automata

I learnt a while ago that, when you're being shot at, as the screen gets greyer, that isn't your health depleting.

It's Nate's "luck" running out

https://twitter.com/GameAnim/status/1016055557977882624?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1016055557977882624|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fscreenrant.com%2Funcharted-game-nathan-drake-luck-meter%2F

3 hours ago, Harrisown said:

I find the floaty running a bit strange. The running leg animations kinda bug me and how they don’t plant on the floor properly and it feels like there’s no weight to it.

If I had it my way all characters would move like in Nier automata

definitely don’t go back to Uncharted 3! It’s fucking awful compared to the others. It’s still an enjoyable game, but god knows why they tinkered with it so much. 

6 hours ago, teddymeow said:

I learnt a while ago that, when you're being shot at, as the screen gets greyer, that isn't your health depleting.

It's Nate's "luck" running out

https://twitter.com/GameAnim/status/1016055557977882624?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1016055557977882624|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fscreenrant.com%2Funcharted-game-nathan-drake-luck-meter%2F

I was thinking recently that that would make more sense, in tune with the action film feel. But it never occurred to me that it was actually supposed to be that, because it feels the same as getting hit in various other games, and it's easy to assume the red effect signifies blood. Shame they didn't find a better way to convey the idea.

Plus there are times when you're getting shot at point blank range (at least when I play), and the whole luck thing doesn't add up then.  

Strange, in my mind I remember the opening section at Saint Frances is longer than it actually is.

For a 6 year old game U4 still looks bloody good. I just love the way that the Uncharted games "feel" right. There's a reason they're my go to "comfort gaming" series.

Started this yesterday and my immediate impressions are that the visuals are the same (amazing then, not so now) but the smooth frame rate is obviously much, much better than my original play through.

I am surprised by both how amazing the visuals are in terms of texturing and art design and yet how jaded 7 years of incredible game graphics have made me. It was the same when I fired up the original Tomb Raider reboot yesterday while testing a GPU to run a benchmark. I remember it looking spectacular, but now it looks.... fine, I guess.

LoU2 is certainly their best version of this sort of game, but as someone else said U4 is quite a comforting, familiar experience and not quite as remorselessly depressing. Although the prison sequence still seems weird and tonally all over the place. 60fps is incredibly welcome, and while I begrudge a tenner I think there are enough other subtle changes to push it into a pseudo remaster territory. So I can just about be on board with a fee.

18 hours ago, BadgerFarmer said:

I was thinking recently that that would make more sense, in tune with the action film feel. But it never occurred to me that it was actually supposed to be that, because it feels the same as getting hit in various other games, and it's easy to assume the red effect signifies blood. Shame they didn't find a better way to convey the idea.

Plus there are times when you're getting shot at point blank range (at least when I play), and the whole luck thing doesn't add up then.  

In the game the first time you get shot at the help text says you take cover to recover “health”. So even if the lore is that it is luck, the game itself still has it as health on some places at least.

I’ve just done the £10 upgrade from my digital version of U4 (which now makes this the 3rd time I’ve bought this). At the distance I’m sat from the TV I couldn’t tell the difference between Fidelity and Performance, so I’m enjoying blasting through in silky smooth 60fps (my TV doesn’t do 120). 

This means I now have a disc copy of Lost Legacy that I no longer need. If anyone wants it I’m happy to post it anywhere in the UK. It’s a US disc so I don’t know if the upgrade path will work on a UK PSN account, but worst case it’s a free copy of what is an amazing PS4 game. PM me if you want it. 

Edit: Going to @MattyP

2 hours ago, Gigawatt said:

I’ve just done the £10 upgrade from my digital version of U4 (which now makes this the 3rd time I’ve bought this). At the distance I’m sat from the TV I couldn’t tell the difference between Fidelity and Performance, so I’m enjoying blasting through in silky smooth 60fps (my TV doesn’t do 120). 

This means I now have a disc copy of Lost Legacy that I no longer need. If anyone wants it I’m happy to post it anywhere in the UK. It’s a US disc so I don’t know if the upgrade path will work on a UK PSN account, but worst case it’s a free copy of what is an amazing PS4 game. PM me if you want it. 

Edit: Going to @MattyP

Thanks muchly appreciated! 👍 Going to try and upgrade it however never played this so looking forward to playing through in PS4 mode if it doesn't work. It will at least run on "pro-mode" I guess! 

This game continues to be a technical marvel, and now it’s even more so. 

I just finished Guardians of the Galaxyon PS5, and while it is visually impressive, it has to be the buggiest AAA game I’ve played in…years! all with a horrible hitching and scenery rebuilding on every camera cut that just looks awful, as well as a variable frame-rate (on any mode). It’s too much jank. 

Playing this directly afterwards just shows that Naughty Dog truly are a class above. 

Wasn't planning on playing Lost Legacy, but I still had that Uncharted itch to scratch so powered through today. It's a great addition, and Chloe is a brilliant character worthy of the lead here. :)

8 minutes ago, Thor said:

Wasn't planning on playing Lost Legacy, but I still had that Uncharted itch to scratch so powered through today. It's a great addition, and Chloe is a brilliant character worthy of the lead here. :)

I want more tales with her indeed.

I also want more tales from the best thing about Uncharted 3 - Cutter. 

He was great, and his fear of tight spaces amused me.

Took this 2 days to download on my connection. Was it worth the wait? Fuck yeah! Fired up Uncharted 4 and it looks stunning, sounds stunning and the story and gameplay are just as fresh and compelling as when it first came out.......6 years ago! Man, 6 years ago and it still makes the big budget AAA games on other formats seem cheap as chips. Played through to Chapter 5 and had to force myself to put it down, otherwise I’d be getting nothing done. Absolutely incredible game, everything oozes AAA quality and it equals any classic Hollywood Blockbuster film imo. Sam is such a great character and the stuff with Nathan and his wife is miles ahead of what you get from most other games.

Looking forward to getting back on it and also seeing what Naughty Dog end up pulling off on the PS5. It’ll be proper mindblowing and light years ahead of the competition.